LaunchBox Community Forums

8.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

31 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You can try setting your Aspect Ratio slider to a higher setting but that has its own side effects so you will have to find a balance that you find acceptable.

Alright, changed to 0.80, it's def better but from what I can remember it didn't look like this in old LB?

Any chance that future themes could allow little icons before each system like the OpenEmu libretro interface for Mac?

450751-play-retro-games-on-your-modern-m

PS: I just found a potential bug. Options > Theme > Colors keeps resetting to random (custom) on each launch. Any way to set it permanently to my scheme of choice?

Edited by matchaman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Let me know if there are any issues with how it looks and I will see what I can do to address them. Keep in mind though I am just brute forcing my way through the theme files hacking in changes, I am by no means an expert at this. There are a couple of things I want to change but have not been able to figure out the exact things I need to change to make it the way I want.

Thanks for the custom theme, I'm liking it too ?

The only thing I would like differently is that the scroll bar completely on the right side is a little thin now. I'm using it on a laptop (with an integrated mouse touchpad) and it's now a little difficult to grab that scrollbar. Could you say what setting changes the width of it?

Edited by Rod

17 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Let me know if there are any issues with how it looks and I will see what I can do to address them. Keep in mind though I am just brute forcing my way through the theme files hacking in changes, I am by no means an expert at this. There are a couple of things I want to change but have not been able to figure out the exact things I need to change to make it the way I want.

I tried your theme out last night, selected it in LB and restarted app. I appreciate the effort you put in, however the spacing is still too much for me.

What line(s) in the SideBarView.xaml (I'm assuming this) file changes the padding/heigth of these rows? @neil9000 @Lordmonkus

4 hours ago, matchaman said:

Any chance that future themes could allow little icons before each system like the OpenEmu libretro interface for Mac?

+1 for this! I think this is a fantastic idea! More visual differentiation really helps break up the monotony of the bland interface, and helps overall make quicker decisions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fawkesyeah said:

I tried your theme out last night, selected it in LB and restarted app. I appreciate the effort you put in, however the spacing is still too much for me.

What line(s) in the SideBarView.xaml (I'm assuming this) file changes the padding/heigth of these rows? @neil9000 @Lordmonkus

Im not sure what line it is to edit, maybe @Lordmonkus can help there, but im not sure how much closer you could get it or want it, as you can see in my image the platform names are already very close together, any closer and they will just merge into some sort of horrible text block thats unreadable.

Screenshot (31).png

On 8/20/2018 at 6:47 PM, PattersonCZ said:

OK no problem , i know promise something is easy , making it true even with best effort is harder. But keep up good work. (and mak subfolders true wink wink) :)

I've been looking at the website's news section EVERY day (and I'm not joking) to be there first day when the sub-folders/nested folders comes out!

This is one feature that Hyperspin never had, which I'm hopping LB will do in a near future. Gotta say though, all the work that was put in the new interface was worth it :) my LB loads so much faster and everything is MUCH smoother than with the previous interface. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

@fawkesyeah if you prefer the older spacing you can check my theme for the new beta out where I reduced the spacing and other changes that suited my tastes.

Hello,

Could you possibly update your theme with the same vertical spacing between lines with the "list view".

(close to the old" list view" of the old launchbox & the same as you did with the platforms list on the left : the space between lines is very small)

In order to see much more games simultaneously on the "list view".

thanks!

serge

Edited by sergeb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rod said:

Thanks for the custom theme, I'm liking it too ?

The only thing I would like differently is that the scroll bar completely on the right side is a little thin now. I'm using it on a laptop (with an integrated mouse touchpad) and it's now a little difficult to grab that scrollbar. Could you say what setting changes the width of it?

I will have a look and see if I can adjust that.

2 hours ago, fawkesyeah said:

I did try having them closer but as @neil9000 said, they get to be too close together and becomes a bit of a mess.

39 minutes ago, sergeb said:

Could you possibly update your theme with the same vertical spacing between lines with the "list view".

I'll have a look and see about that as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

@fawkesyeahyou look like you are having the same issue as me as in the theme doesn't change anything and even  though it says you are using Bad Old Monkey its the same as default.

I think I fixed my issue with this. I re-downloaded the theme from this page, which seems to have a new version number (1.0.2). Now my spacing seems reduced. This is doable for me now.

image.png.c2cae1e28b00fe50de255c0a6f04f0a2.png

Edited by fawkesyeah

Just now, DOS76 said:

Cool for some reason I can't get it to work at all.

Try this:

1. In LB, change theme to Default. Exit app.
  2. Delete the current bad old monkey theme folder entirely.
  3. Download the 1.0.2 zip from the theme page.
  4. Extract the new bad old monkey folder into the LBthemes folder.
  5. Open LB again and change theme to bad old monkey.
  6. After relaunching app, it should work correctly.

That fixed mine. If that doesn't fix it, then there is something else going on with the app or configs that I am unaware of.