Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

Calling All Media and Theme Creators!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dragon57 said:

Here are a few I have done. Feel free to use any or none as you see fit. It is easy enough to changes colors, spacing, etc.

 

All Games2.png

Multiplayer2.png

Single player2.png

Cooperative3.png

Cooperative2.png

Visual Novel.png

Vehicle Simulation2.png

Stealth2.png

Sandbox2.png

Quiz2.png

Party2.png

Music2.png

MMO.png

Life Simulation2.png

Education3.png

Education2.png

Construction and Management Simulation.png

Board Game.png

DUDE! You're the KING. :D :D :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dragon57 For the dark parts like the black figures in MMO, Coop, Multiplayer, Single Player, etc., it'd be best if there was a white outline or a a white glow around them or something. That way they won't blend in to the dark background. Either way, it's amazing to have all these gaps filled in. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@dragon57 For the dark parts like the black figures in MMO, Coop, Multiplayer, Single Player, etc., it'd be best if there was a white outline or a a white glow around them or something. That way they won't blend in to the dark background. Either way, it's amazing to have all these gaps filled in. :)

I'm on it! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

How about these? I inverted some colors, added some borders/glows.

 

Cooperative3.png

Cooperative2.png

Visual Novel.png

Vehicle Simulation2.png

MMO.png

Single player2.png

Multiplayer2.png

Beautiful! Thank you so much @dragon57. I'll get these all integrated tomorrow morning before the official release. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't life sims and Construction/management games almost the same thing? And what is vehicle simulation? Flight sims, space sim and racing games are completely different genres and should have their own category. I would say Music and Party should be one category as well. Not enough of either to warrant a separate category for each. Do people categorize their games as sandbox? Never heard that one before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Aren't life sims and Construction/management games almost the same thing? And what is vehicle simulation? Flight sims, space sim and racing games are completely different genres and should have their own category. I would say Music and Party should be one category as well. Not enough of either to warrant a separate category for each. Do people categorize their games as sandbox? Never heard that one before.

You don't know me or how I like to do things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The genres originally came from http://thegamesdb.net, way back from when we were given their data and started our own games database. It's barely been changed since then. I know it's not perfect, but it's decent and changing them would be quite a process, considering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason Carr said:

The genres originally came from http://thegamesdb.net, way back from when we were given their data and started our own games database. It's barely been changed since then. I know it's not perfect, but it's decent and changing them would be quite a process, considering.

it's fine. takes 2 seconds to delete a genre you dont want to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, natemac00 said:

Is there a list somewhere of what a complete clear-logo set would be (For just LB not ROMs)?

You mean the complete list of platforms and playlists? It would be extremely long, but the complete list would contain all the platforms listed on the LaunchBox Games Database, all the genres listed on the LaunchBox Games Database (you can see the full list by going to add a game), all the regions, Single Player, Multiplayer, and Cooperative. Then there's developers and publishers, but that would be a crazy undertaking. Also all the arcade playlists which are separate. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, harryoke said:

1803939971_singleplayer.thumb.png.16d4ec2e0c0d09d21d1c75632f13d90f.png

 

6 hours ago, harryoke said:

mmo.thumb.png.f22eea35cfc75c3c4e3fde0edcec275f.png

Those look awesome Harry. I'll see how they look in Big Box and maybe we can switch them in as the defaults. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, harryoke said:

@Jason Carr just uploaded these .... dont know if you could use them anywhere?  but feel free :)

Wanna make one at 3840x1600 for my ultrawide? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...