LaunchBox Community Forums

Chicuelo

View File

The theme idea comes from Chicuelo EmulationStation Theme for RetroPie.

The theme has two Platform views, an image view and a video view. It also has two Game views.

- Works on a range of resolutions (The Games List view works best on 1920 x 1080 as the selected game dot does not resize and centre on resolutions other than 1920 x 1080. If anyone knows how to fix it let me know and I'll upload the newer version)
- Install the supplied Fonts located in the Fonts folder

If you end up making further images for the Platform image view, upload them and I can include in the set.

Thanks to the following people for the help on various things!
@Chicuelo
@faeran
@Grila
@keltoigael
@Kondorito
@Everyone who helped with the idea at RetroPie

New Game View:

867670964_WheelView.thumb.png.d7055338d87bee0f7b1d18f6916a3e34.png1627620848_WheelView2.thumb.png.5a3e653c4eba5fb726aa83435ae75727.png

• Like 3

Hey @wallmachine - 

Glad to see this finally released.

Where did you populate "16-BIT CONSOLE", etc.. I'm getting the details of the machine. I have all the settings of my Platform display turn off except Title.

The font seems to be off on my machine - keep in my mind I'm also on a higher resolution.

Any plans to introduce a clear-logo view?

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

2 hours ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Where did you populate "16-BIT CONSOLE", etc.. I'm getting the details of the machine. I have all the settings of my Platform display turn off except Title.

Unfortunately I have no control over this... The data is coming from the Games Database. I had to manually research about each system and enter the information.

image.thumb.png.6f43b8a7e4b1342bce441fbf2fd52d81.pngimage.thumb.png.183ad8892f8fddd2988c55aaa47d513d.png

The font seems to be off on my machine - keep in my mind I'm also on a higher resolution.

What resolution do you have? Go to this location "\LaunchBox\Themes\Chicuelo\Views\" and open the "TextListView.xaml" file in Notepad.

You will see examples of the following code below, just copy and paste it in between the section showed in the screenshot. Then enter your resolution in the "Value=" sections, you will also need to change the "FontSize" to be greater as well, again sorry I have no controller over this.

<MultiDataTrigger>
							<MultiDataTrigger.Conditions>
								<Condition Binding="{Binding Path=ActualWidth, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType=Canvas, Mode=FindAncestor}}" Value="1920" />
								<Condition Binding="{Binding Path=ActualHeight, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType=Canvas, Mode=FindAncestor}}" Value="1080" />
							</MultiDataTrigger.Conditions>
							<Setter Property="FontSize" Value="34" />
						</MultiDataTrigger>

image.thumb.png.a10d95527060ed05f332954c4bb3100d.png

Any plans to introduce a clear-logo view?

Do you have a mock-up example in mind?

Edited by wallmachine

@wallmachine thanks for a great theme!

Playlists are not having their games count shown, on my install at least. Is this standard behaviour for the theme?

the games list does populate for playlists btw. there are games listed once you select the playlist

15364116588707950683339585594094.jpg

15364117145585856404794575054835.jpg

Edited by danpow

2 hours ago, danpow said:

@wallmachine thanks for a great theme!

Playlists are not having their games count shown, on my install at least. Is this standard behaviour for the theme?

the games list does populate for playlists btw. there are games listed once you select the playlist

It's a known issue confirmed from the developer, please check the following post. If multiple people report the issue I guess its bound to get fixed from the developer quicker.

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1

Hi im just a newbie and i love this theme but is it possible for someone to post a pic of the setup in bigbox to get it to look like this (what is ticked and unticked etc)

No matter what i am trying i cant get it to look the same as this

Any help would be great 

Edited by stevericho2002

9 hours ago, stevericho2002 said:

Hi im just a newbie and i love this theme but is it possible for someone to post a pic of the setup in bigbox to get it to look like this (what is ticked and unticked etc)

No matter what i am trying i cant get it to look the same as this

Any help would be great 

with the details such as console/and 32bit for example needs to be entered manually for each system unfortunately i cant fix this as the info is pulled from the games db... here are the only settings you need.

This is a very nice port! :)

Are you planning to add a metadata view? This is a mod I've made for the original theme:

1530202284313-ingame-global-bg.jpg

Edited by JesseBlue
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, stevericho2002 said:

Thankyou for that appreciate it

Was wondering if you had a screen shot of what you have setup in the options/views and options/images 

Cheers 

The settings shouldn't matter for example I turned everything off everything in the menu and it still displays as normal.

image.thumb.png.d24d384b4c9e501f4be2991c2eae2f5b.pngimage.thumb.png.cdc17506ded081935d275626b3a402f7.png

2 hours ago, JesseBlue said:

This is a very nice port! :)

Are you planning to add a metadata view? This is a mod I've made for the original theme:

1530202284313-ingame-global-bg.jpg

Yeah I saw that one it looks great! but how would you know what system you are in?

Might release this one next week when I get the chance to upload something, thanks for @Kevin_Flynn for the idea.

image.thumb.png.bf64e0833aaada72061dd91088230b05.png

Edited by wallmachine

4 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Does this maintain aspect ratios for the game videos? and can we remove the scan lines on them?

why not give it ago? yes  you can remove scannlines

Remove the following line in the below two files PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml and TextGamesView.xaml
<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Chicuelo/Images/Core/PlatformWheelFiltersView Scanline.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Stretch="Fill" Opacity="0.50" />
<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Chicuelo/Images/Core/TextGamesView Scanline.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Grid.Column="7" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Grid.Row="4" Grid.RowSpan="1" Stretch="Fill" Opacity="0.50" />

Edited by wallmachine

Beautiful theme that I can't figure out how to get to work properly...?  Just built a cabinet for the kids and started diving in on this cool stuff.  I have the theme set in the options and everything is ticked as above.  Are there other add ons or themes I need to have installed as well beyond the fonts?

1 hour ago, rynowhi said:

Beautiful theme that I can't figure out how to get to work properly...?  Just built a cabinet for the kids and started diving in on this cool stuff.  I have the theme set in the options and everything is ticked as above.  Are there other add ons or themes I need to have installed as well beyond the fonts?

no you don't need anything additional.

you need to be more descriptive than "I can't figure out how to get to work properly"

Edited by wallmachine

Sorry - can't figure out isn't very descriptive...  I was hoping I missed some universal install.

I'm importing a batch of roms, I'll post some pics once its completed.

Thanks for the quick response and the great work.

Hello! Thanks for the awesome theme! Unfortunately It doesn't play any game video preview on any platform. Only a few games shows a screenshot. Help please.