LaunchBox Community Forums
latin625

Atari 5200 and RetroArch 1.74

Posted (edited)

This is more of an FYI, than any real help, but I use RocketLauncher in conjunction with LaunchBox.

There is an issue I've ran into where if you are using the Atari800 core, you're unable to use bezels and well... basically all the stuff that makes RocketLauncher worth using. This is because RocketLauncher will always seek out the config file from the config folder instead of .atari800.cfg. And even if you move the file to the config folder, then RocketLauncher will still ignore it over retroarch.cfg.

Not looking for help, just putting it out there for educational purposes.

Edited by onebadveggie

On 8/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, onebadveggie said:

There is an issue I've ran into where if you are using the Atari800 core, you're unable to use bezels and well... basically all the stuff that makes RocketLauncher worth using. This is because RocketLauncher will always seek out the config file from the config folder instead of .atari800.cfg. And even if you move the file to the config folder, then RocketLauncher will still ignore it over retroarch.cfg.

Found that as well.

Made the switch to the best 800 emulator, Altirra, and fixed that issue. I use RL for very few systems, and Atari 800 is one, just for the bezel.