LaunchBox Community Forums

8.7-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

The first beta for 8.7 has been released. It's not an overly exciting beta; obviously more interesting stuff is coming. ;)

Here's what we have so far:

- Improvement: Swapped out the default Racing Games clear logo with a new one that is easier to see thanks to @letstalkaboutdune

- Improvement: Added a new BackgroundOpacity property to the LaunchBox BoxItemViewModel, primarily for @Grila's new LaunchBox custom theme

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dragon57 said:

Just noticed something, but could have been like this for a while. I just tried using a custom background in LaunchBox. That appears to work fine, except when I select any game, it changes the background back to the default.

Hmm, seems I can't replicate it. I have a custom background in mine as well, and if a game doesn't have a background, it just reverts to the custom background. I might not be following though. What do you mean by the default background?

27 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah, the default background is shown because of the clear logo in the background. You can turn that off by disabling the clear logo image type in the background priorities.

That makes sense. Is that by design?

The reason I'm asking is, it would seem logical that if someone chose a custom background, the clear logo would be displayed in front of that as opposed to the default background.

Of course, I defer to your wisdom on the issue.

2 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

That makes sense. Is that by design?

The reason I'm asking is, it would seem logical that if someone chose a custom background, the clear logo would be displayed in front of that as opposed to the default background.

Of course, I defer to your wisdom on the issue.

Yes, that does make sense; I thought about that. I'm not sure if it should be a priority to change, but I'll probably get to it at some point.

20 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, that does make sense; I thought about that. I'm not sure if it should be a priority to change, but I'll probably get to it at some point.

No, definitely not a priority. Just a small, sensible tweak to add to the no doubt giant list.

Just look at it like pre-emptively squashing any potential support questions about it ;)

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Nice new Beta.  Hoping Nested folders or subfolders will be in this version. Anyway i have question about installation. Should it always try to install direct X everytime  ? I always denied it (maybe for let it go through when official version comes out) It just strike me like it just reinstall it every time and betas comes out really often but no big deal.

And one little bug maybe. When i install new beta version for some reason launchbox launch like 10x10 pixel window and i must resize it and make it fullscreen. When i launch it manually it stays normal maximazed (full window). Anyway no big deal it is beta.

2 hours ago, PattersonCZ said:

And one little bug maybe. When i install new beta version for some reason launchbox launch like 10x10 pixel window and i must resize it and make it fullscreen. When i launch it manually it stays normal maximazed (full window). Anyway no big deal it is beta.

Same thing happened to me. I actually couldn't figure out why LB wasn't opening until I noticed the tiny box in the upper left corner of my screen. It blended in with my desktop background :D

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

Your file total still doesn't align with a full set which the importer is meant to be used with. A complete 201 Non Merged set is 35,770 files.

im using 200 but i guess the point is the import is just listing whats in the database as a total which is incorrect. so if someone tries to only import 10 games it will say 36000 has imported and say you have that many games.