LaunchBox Community Forums

LBPlex

LBPlex

View File

LBPlex is a theme that mimics Plex Media Server's website interface. Two versions are included in the package: LBPlex - which has the default item spacing on the sidebar and list view, and LBPlex Condensed - which has much tighter item spacing on the sidebar and list view. I have also replaced the volume "knob" with a regular slider.

NOTES:

• All the colors in this theme are hard-coded with the exception of the Foreground (text) color in the LaunchBox Options\Legacy\Theme\Colors menu.
  • The Background Opacity slider in the LaunchBox Options\Visuals\Boxes menu has no effect right now. A fix is in-coming so this will work at a later date. Update: If you run the latest LaunchBox Beta (8.7-beta-1 or above) this is fixed.
  • The Fade Background slider in LaunchBox Options\Images\Default Background will adjust the brightness of the theme background image.

Enjoy :)

@Grila I already much prefer this theme to the default one that I built, so much appreciated. I don't think even I can go back to the default theme at this point.

Unfortunately I'm noticing though that the BackgroundOpacity property is now affecting the entire boxes and not just the backgrounds; I guess we should have seen that coming. Hit me up and we can brainstorm a solution.

The only other minor gripe I have is that there's no way to access the main menu, so there's no way to access the Help menu, which is relatively important. Or am I just missing it?

The newest beta, 8.7-beta-1, fixes the in-ability to decrease the image background opacity.

I had an error on the placement of said opacity and wasn't able to test until I just upgraded. Nonetheless, the file is now updated to version 1.1 to fix my mistake. Please update your files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Grila said:

The newest beta, 8.7-beta-1, fixes the in-ability to decrease the image background opacity.

I had an error on the placement of said opacity and wasn't able to test until I just upgraded. Nonetheless, the file is now updated to version 1.1 to fix my mistake. Please update your files.

Hahaha, so that was quick... ;)

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

@Grila I already much prefer this theme to the default one that I built, so much appreciated. I don't think even I can go back to the default theme at this point.

Unfortunately I'm noticing though that the BackgroundOpacity property is now affecting the entire boxes and not just the backgrounds; I guess we should have seen that coming. Hit me up and we can brainstorm a solution.

The only other minor gripe I have is that there's no way to access the main menu, so there's no way to access the Help menu, which is relatively important. Or am I just missing it?

Thank you sir. And you are correct, I forgot to put the main menu in there. I was working on replacing the hamburger icon with another and must have never came back to it. I will certainly get this back into the theme!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

One thing I've noticed to keep in mind: the Background Fade option will adjust how dark or light the background is for you. I love that. :)

Ahh yes, I forgot to mention that in the file notes :)

Edit: Added that little tidbit of info to the file notes

Edited by Grila
  • Like 1

A little update and I think this thing is pretty well polished off now. On to my next project...

v1.3

• The background image was re-named and chromatically adjusted a bit, you may need to adjust the brightness to suit your needs with the Fade Background slider in LaunchBox Options\Images\Default Background
  • Got rid of some unneeded images that I left in there from the initial development
  • Rounded the scrollbars (@spektor56)
  • Added margins to scrollbars (@Kevin_Flynn)
  • Like 6

@Grila I am getting a weird issue that I noticed today. When I click on Consoles on my platform category menu it blurs the rest of the platform names out a bit and kinda changes the font. Every other platform or platform category I click on the text and font is normal. I have tried changing opacity as well but did not make a difference. Here is 2 images and the first one shows blurred and 2nd one shows normal text. Any opinion on what might be causing this?

Blurred Text.jpg

Correct Text.jpg