LaunchBox Community Forums

WootLauncher: Bezel Overlay & Pause Menu

Okay I have something ready for testing. It's still an early version and not fully functional, but I'd appreciate some testing on Win 8/10 (I use Win 7). I'll pm those who expressed an interest in testing. Here's a demo photo taken with my phone (ALT+PRNTSCRN won't capture this control); it's a low quality photo but it shows an image overlay over dolphin, and dolphin is in a perfectly usable state. So far I've only tested with dolphin and retroarch. There is a fade-in launch screen (currently bare bones), and you can pause/resume a game. The buttons on the pause menu aren't yet operational but will be (save/load states, resume, quit, and view manual). I interact with the emulator using AHK (internalized by the plugin so you don't need to worry about setting it up separately). Basically, the plugin captures the emulator process and grabs its window, then places this window in one of my own. The plugin can then apply overlays, capture input, and send input via AHK to the embedded emulator window.

wl-alpha-screenshot.thumb.jpg.eff812061d1db7cd2181296cdf5c7ff9.jpg

• Like 8

The pause menu covers a multitude of things

All the extra media is accessible from it, from PDF Manuals, to OST's, artwork. and so on.

RocketLauncher_2018-10-03_02-47-00.thumb.jpg.498c60ac3895c281903a36e1dbbedd4d.jpgRocketLauncher_2018-10-03_02-46-39.thumb.jpg.92b524572b8f486e169e00122d07615d.jpgThe menus scroll Left/Right and Up/Down as needs be.

@damageinc86 screens are just the basic settings,  Mine are fully modded and customized with lots of media, to make it more complete. 

While its not greatly useful as such, for the collectors its pretty much a must, and allows easy access to the extra media that's not really displayed in a useful way.

Edited by MadK9
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah I guess I forgot to mention I don't have any special settings or artwork in my pause menu just yet.  But as you can see, it can be customized quite a bit in that sense.  The nice thing about the savestates and loadstates is that once you program all the key presses into RL, then those slots in the PAUSE menu send those commands and do it, so you don't have to try to remember it for each emulator anymore.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, eatkinola said:

Okay I have something ready for testing. It's still an early version and not fully functional, but I'd appreciate some testing on Win 8/10 (I use Win 7). I'll pm those who expressed an interest in testing. Here's a demo photo taken with my phone (ALT+PRNTSCRN won't capture this control); it's a low quality photo but it shows an image overlay over dolphin, and dolphin is in a perfectly usable state. So far I've only tested with dolphin and retroarch. There is a fade-in launch screen (currently bare bones), and you can pause/resume a game. The buttons on the pause menu aren't yet operational but will be (save/load states, resume, quit, and view manual). I interact with the emulator using AHK (internalized by the plugin so you don't need to worry about setting it up separately). Basically, the plugin captures the emulator process and grabs its window, then places this window in one of my own. The plugin can then apply overlays, capture input, and send input via AHK to the embedded emulator window.

wl-alpha-screenshot.thumb.jpg.eff812061d1db7cd2181296cdf5c7ff9.jpg

As a fan of your bigbox themes, I'm really looking forward to this! And with what I've seen planned/in progress so far, it could certainly make rocketlauncher become unnecessary?

• Like 2

Just now, neil9000 said:

I would love to try this out as well, i'm running Windows 10 insider builds if that is of any help to you.

Thanks, that'd be a big help. I'll loop you into the pm. Based on the initial feedback, I hope to have an update in 1-2 weeks.

• Like 1

Updated for testing - posted via pm to those of you who offered to test. Thanks again! New things:

• Configuration file architecture, which facilitates per-emulator, per-core (retroarch), and per-platform overrides
  • Pause menu buttons are now functional - Resume, Save/Load State, Quit, Manual (view PDF manual)
  • Multiple save/load states are supported (depending of course on the emulator's support for this)
  • PDF manual is included, can be accessed via the pause menu

Still in the early stages but making progress; more to come...

• Thanks 3