LaunchBox Community Forums

WootLauncher: Bezel Overlay & Pause Menu

In your Edit Emulator window for the emulator you are using for each platform, just be careful with it though since it is for the emulator, not platform. So for example if you are using the RA Mame core for your arcade games it will break it and prevent your arcade games from loading since they need to remain zipped. You can get around this easily by setting up another emulator entry from RA just for arcade games but still point to and use the same install of RA.

Updated for the testers. If all goes well with testing, I might release this for general use next week.

* fixed very bad memory leak related to PDF viewer
* fixed exceptions on BB close, due to input aggregator not being disposed
* fixed taskbar show/hide (+added fix for BB bug when hide setting enabled)
* fixed confusion when another game launched while WL in use (now ignoring it)
* fixed RetroArch@MAME configuration file; was not resuming play after pause
* added auto game and/or platform images for load screen, pause, and exit
* added logging files to help with debugging future error reports
* added legend/control overlay for PDF viewer (w/autofade)
* added delayed loading of manual PDF until viewer shown

841772399_WLIcon(small).thumb.jpg.0c6e8cb7e2f1e51472700a830367b710.jpg

• Like 4

Wanted to take a minute to thank those who've been testing and providing some great feedback. They've spotted issues I never noticed and helped me address a lot of bugs. It's also nice to get feedback on Windows 8 and 10 since I'm stubbornly sticking with 7. Thanks @ALIE, @androtaz08, @bundangdon, @Klopjero, @Kondorito, @Lordmonkus, @MadK9, @misterlamide@neil9000, @Nicodemus, @Porl Hendy, @Retro808, @Zombeaver. Okay time to fix more broken shit.

tonoend.gif.0954fa831bfee9e86c838d3aef40a5ca.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just started messing around with Rocket Launcher just for its' pause menu.... and just when I started to get everything gelling correctly I come across this thread. I really like your approach to the GUI, and I love the fact that you have it working with a controller. That was my one major gripe about RL. Working with the keymapper is just so finicky and it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Any chance I can join the group and do some testing for you?

21 minutes ago, Sandman53 said:

Any chance I can join the group and do some testing for you?

Of course; added you to the testing group check your private messages. Hopefully this plugin is near completion. Please note it currently only works for BigBox, but in the future I hope it'll also work in LB. You should know Jason is also starting to work on integrating fades and possible pause menus and bezels into LB/BB; here's his thread:

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@eatkinola I do really appreciate you working on WootLauncher. We should probably have a discussion on features as we might be able to reduce overlap and change priorities. :)

Certainly, I'd be happy to discuss anytime. I've tried taking a robust approach and to minimize setup time but grant it might not work with all emulators. I have a few issues left to resolve, but it's overall working well with RA, MAME, Dolphin, Demul, and PCSX2. My approach does require using windowed modes for emulators. I'd not really thought about input lag but have not noticed any problems there. If anyone notes issues, at least for RetroArch there seem to be some nice built-in input lag solutions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

Certainly, I'd be happy to discuss anytime. I've tried taking a robust approach and to minimize setup time but grant it might not work with all emulators. I have a few issues left to resolve, but it's overall working well with RA, MAME, Dolphin, Demul, and PCSX2. My approach does require using windowed modes for emulators. I'd not really thought about input lag but have not noticed any problems there. If anyone notes issues, at least for RetroArch there seem to be some nice built-in input lag solutions.

That is good to know and also good news in general, as I'll be taking the opposite approach for at least the first release; this way people will be able to choose between fullscreen exclusive mode support and actual fading. :)

• Like 1

Updated for testers; hopefully addressed the main remaining issues ... we'll see. Works very smooth for me using MAME, RA, DEMUL, Dolphin, PCSX2.

* fixed: block PDF navigation while worker thread loading PDF
* fixed: additional performance improvements for PDF viewer
* fixed: smoother load/exit screens, and tweakable per emulator
* fixed: smoother fading when using game/plat-composed images
* fixed: was not regaining focus on game exiting and return to BB
* added: legend overlay to GameManualViewer (another plugin)
* added: logger will now indicate whether LB/BB being used

• Thanks 1

Kondorito sent me here from another thread and I wanted to say that I'm excited to see this plugin. Been using RL for years just for the Pause menu. Its great to see an alternative solution for this stuff. I'd ask to test for you but I'm a horrible beta tester. I'll just wait for the release. :D

• Haha 1