LaunchBox Community Forums

WootLauncher: Bezel Overlay & Pause Menu

Holy crap, glad I came in to check what was new with the plugins.  I've been waiting for something like this since I got back into retro-gaming.  I've tried to play with RocketLauncher, but didn't like it, found it too bloated and cumbersome to setup.  Looking forward to this immensely :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDBlue said:

Holy crap, glad I came in to check what was new with the plugins.  I've been waiting for something like this since I got back into retro-gaming.  I've tried to play with RocketLauncher, but didn't like it, found it too bloated and cumbersome to setup.  Looking forward to this immensely :)

Great, hope this helps.

Say I am getting crashes in when having this installed.. I Flagged it for Jason Carr, and  he refereed me to notify ya..

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4658/often-crash

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App: Big Box Version: 9.1 Type: System.NullReferenceException Site: Void ProcessJoypadMessage(System.Object, JoyEventArgs) Source: Ao.Bigbox.Dropins

at Ao.Bigbox.Plugins.WootLauncher.ProcessJoypadMessage(Object sender, JoyEventArgs e) at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.W32InputAggregator.ProcessJoypadMessage(JoypadEventArgs e) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.W32InputAggregator.<DispatchJoypadMessage>d__21.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem() at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

10:21:06 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:06 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:06 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:06 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:12 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:12 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:13 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:15 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:15 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:16 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:18 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:18 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:18 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:19 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:19 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:20 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:20 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:20 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:20 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:22 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:22 PM Music.Kill Start 10:21:22 PM Music.Kill Finished 10:21:22 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:23 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:23 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:23 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:23 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:24 PM Music.Pause Start 10:21:24 PM Music.Pause Start 10:21:25 PM Music.Pause Start 10:21:26 PM Music.Resume Start 10:21:26 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:26 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start 10:21:27 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove 10:21:27 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach 10:21:27 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free 10:21:27 PM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction 10:21:30 PM Music.Pause Start 10:36:08 PM Music.Resume Start 10:36:09 PM Exception

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beakerman said:

Say I am getting crashes in when having this installed.. I Flagged it for Jason Carr, and  he refereed me to notify ya.

Thanks for letting me know. Were you running WootLauncher on purpose, or did you download Ao.Bigbox.Dropins for the other two plugins it contains? Does it only occur in certain situations, e.g., only with Dolphin and (some?) PC games? This plugin is pretty beta so I appreciate the report. If you can provide more info that'd be great; I'll try to get it fixed.

4 hours ago, Cauptain said:

I would like to test your plugin, because PCSX2 is the only emulator I need to see running with bezel. All my other 53 systems work with bezel perfectly.

I have 6 Pcs to test (Windows 7/8/10) I can report the whole process on them.

That'd be great. I'm working on an update and will send it to you this weekend for testing.

• Like 1

Made some more progress -- have a few more issues to work out before I post an update for the testers. Among the additions is support for displaying controller mappings via the pause menu, to remind which button does what for a system. I also tightened up the load/exit screens a bit, and added support for LB (though requires the most recent beta of LB) as well as emulators for which there is no WL configuration. I'll explain all that and more about how to use it in the release. Here's some pics of the integrated PDF manual viewer and a controller mapping.

2018-46-15-07-46-01.thumb.png.f9b80700efc51ef9384a1c8711a96b06.png2018-46-15-07-46-12.thumb.png.8c76c7bf59cbbb5244328d3b76959267.png2018-12-15-07-51-31.thumb.png.8e7c39f378e9c7b550ac37395173dcc8.png

• Like 2

On 12/14/2018 at 9:44 PM, eatkinola said:

Thanks for letting me know. Were you running WootLauncher on purpose, or did you download Ao.Bigbox.Dropins for the other two plugins it contains? Does it only occur in certain situations, e.g., only with Dolphin and (some?) PC games? This plugin is pretty beta so I appreciate the report. If you can provide more info that'd be great; I'll try to get it fixed.

I had download Ao.Bigbox.Dropins though not sure  from what theme i came from. I  was occurring randomly, I just mentioned the Dolphin emulator and the PC games as I  have been working with those "platform" testing /reviewing video snaps. and making sure games were working..

8 hours ago, Beakerman said:

I had download Ao.Bigbox.Dropins though not sure  from what theme i came from. I  was occurring randomly, I just mentioned the Dolphin emulator and the PC games as I  have been working with those "platform" testing /reviewing video snaps. and making sure games were working..

You might want to disable WootLauncher for now. In the Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.dll.config file, look for WootLauncher.Active and set it to False. Hopefully you won't see this error with the upcoming releases of this library, but please let me know if you do.

Edited by eatkinola
adding you to test group 3 in case you want the new version

UPDATED v0.9.3 - For beta testers. Made quite a few changes, hopefully I didn't break anything. The plugin now requires LB 9.2-beta3+, as it uses Jason's plugin API additions. It works with LB now. The game loading screen and bezels now work even if there is no configuration file, but the pause menu and game exiting screen still require configs, e.g., the game exiting screen is only queued if quitting the emulator from the pause menu. Here are some the of the additions. I keep pushing back the release date because I keep thinking of things to add. Hopefully I'm nearing the "end".

added: support for LaunchBox, though WootLauncher now requires LB 9.2-b3+
added: time played to exiting screen, does not account for pause menu
added: support for load screen and bezels when no configuration is found
added: decorator for manual/controls panel to provide navigation support
added: error overlay messages, e.g., pause menu enabled but unavailable
added: pause menu access to view control mapping (images provided by user)
added: sample control mapping images (dualshock for some RA cores, PCSX2)
added: screenshot slideshow to game loading/exiting screens

• Like 1

UPDATED v1.0 - releasing for public use today; will close out this thread
fixed: moved xaml files to a more central location, directory Layouts
fixed: made inactive buttons a bit lighter in pause menu, better font
fixed: disable WootLauncher plugin if LB/BB version is insufficient
added: ScreenshotLooper (load/exit screens) can prioritize fanart
added: bundled some fonts for load/exit screens pause menu, etc...
added: more usage details in the PDF guide

• Like 3

Thanks again to all the beta testers who provided feedback: @ALIE, @androtaz08, @bundangdon, @Klopjero, @Kondorito, @Lordmonkus, @MadK9, @misterlamide@neil9000, @Nicodemus, @Porl Hendy, @Retro808, @Zombeaver. It wouldn't have turned out half as nice without good feedback.

Consider this thread closed. Please use the new thread for further comments:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2