LaunchBox Community Forums

Duplicated “All”

Spidey077

Hi, I seem to have accidentally created an “All” platform category, and cannot seem to get rid of the duplicate. Right clicking on either one just gives “grayed-out” options. Cannot delete or change either one. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried using backup xml files but do not think I fully know how to use it properly since I do not haves LaunchBox.xml file in the root folder. I am running latest version of LaunchBox. Any advice would be appreciated. 

87A80337-7766-456C-8407-E0201DB0B647.jpeg

E05963B9-DFCF-445C-9D0A-5ADCEB23A250.jpeg

Yea no problem. Out right now (on mobile) but, will definitely get the folder to you. To answer your question of how, I was trying to create a platform category named favorites to be able to see it in BigBox alongside Arcade, Computer, Console and Handhelds but, was not appearing. So I edit the playlist to be included in a platform category under All but, I had to manually type it in since the option was not there. This did not yield the result I was looking for, so I deleted the playlist but All was duplicated and is now stuck. Thanks again. 

• 2 months later...

This seem something similar hapened to me too , when i switched to Playlist then back at Platform Category my Arcade Classics duplicated

if i delete one or the other Evreything is lost they are linked. Any Hint on how to proceed ?  Bug happened before updating to 9.0 But still there after update.

Capture.PNG

26 minutes ago, Fredonneur said:

This seem something similar hapened to me too , when i switched to Playlist then back at Platform Category my Arcade Classics duplicated

if i delete one or the other Evreything is lost they are linked. Any Hint on how to proceed ?  Bug happened before updating to 9.0 But still there after update.

Capture.PNG

You can right-click on one of the Arcade Classics entries to edit it. Then go to the Parents tab and unselect the Root node. That should do it. :)

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Read the reply three posts up.

It does not work, when I take the box selection from the options an error message appears saying that I should choose at least one option, and if I delete the platform, or the category, it deletes all my games from both options.