LaunchBox Community Forums
faeran

Retrotastic

This time I uploaded Part 7 of the SNES Background packs, it comes with 50 backgrounds including backgrounds for some japanese exclusive games.

Preview:

Spoiler

snesacha-min.thumb.png.9f0c7ffefcd99ee2c27e4d714e549fd7.pngsnesblz-min.thumb.png.3ba470c65a5936468fde2dfe548d0ef9.pngsnesbrnd-min.thumb.png.ae3cb57366cacd7d7943a6276289fa1b.pngsneseob-min.thumb.png.67a9a6bca3794b9149eda84a04d6b257.png

• Like 3

Surprise upload:

Capcom Arcade Backgrounds

this one contains 48 Capcom non CPS arcade games (all Mame games including the 3D games that are also running on ZiNc, but I used the Arcade Launchbox IDs)

and I also found out that I missed 3 CPS1 games, so I also included those 3 in this pack.

Preview:

Spoiler

cap42-min.thumb.png.ff93be98d9c71b8c816257038f19b766.pngcapexe-min.thumb.png.960dbfdb46caaaad9efa0fc8a647ecbb.pngcapsfex2p-min.thumb.png.f1a63eec21780c39513c2199d8228f5f.pngcapvul-min.thumb.png.4af6b372b5ad40e01eb3a9825290db6d.png

• Like 3

I've been having an issue where, in certain playlist categories, the display will get stuck.  The video still plays but I can't navigate to different selections or back out of the current view.  I haven't tested it enough to be sure if it's always the same categories or when exactly it happens, but I thought I'd mention it now in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing.  I don't seem to have the same problem in other themes.  Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alnyden said:

I've been having an issue where, in certain playlist categories, the display will get stuck.  The video still plays but I can't navigate to different selections or back out of the current view.  I haven't tested it enough to be sure if it's always the same categories or when exactly it happens, but I thought I'd mention it now in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing.  I don't seem to have the same problem in other themes.  Thanks!

So far I haven't experienced this issue, but I will need to do some further testing since I haven't played around with the new Playlist features too much.

Also I was busy getting the next pack ready, which I just uploaded:

Williams Arcade Classics

it contains 19 Game Backgrounds for Arcade games produced by Williams (including some prototypes, 2 of which I submited to the Launchbox database and just got added to the same ;) )

+ a replacement Platform Background for "Williams Classics"

Previews:

Spoiler

willrepl-min.thumb.png.717799db8ce01ec81387bf09c8611b04.pngwillstar-min.thumb.png.60eb68b4958a242f222b72a874c9bd5e.pngwillmm-min.thumb.png.9506da52a4132744f50e7ba3c64fe8d5.pngwillstv-min.thumb.png.8e4052d1444b937f5c50547e075da7de.png

Also @faeran : Would it be possible to update Retrotastic to make the videos stay in their correct aspect ratio like Unified does it?   

• Like 2

Couple things:

I'll look into updating the plugin themer to the newest version. I'm sure that will fix a bunch of issues with playlists.

@Scratcher There should be a property on the video somewhere called StretchVideo, which you can remove. That should keep native aspect ratio intact. That property may be located in the Retrotastic.xaml file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, faeran said:

Couple things:

I'll look into updating the plugin themer to the newest version. I'm sure that will fix a bunch of issues with playlists.

@Scratcher There should be a property on the video somewhere called StretchVideo, which you can remove. That should keep native aspect ratio intact. That property may be located in the Retrotastic.xaml file.

The only Stretch property for videos I could find was:

<!-- VIDEO PROPERTIES -->

<!-- Auto Play Video Properties -->
    <Style x:Key="AutoVideo" TargetType="aoc:MediaTrack">
        <Setter Property="Autoplay" Value="True" />
        <Setter Property="Repeat" Value="True" />
        <Setter Property="PlayerImpl" Value="WMP" />
        <Setter Property="PlayerImplLazily" Value="True" />
        <Setter Property="PlayerImplPooled" Value="True" />
        <Setter Property="Stretch" Value="Fill" />
    </Style>

But when I remove   <Setter Property="Stretch" Value="Fill" />   it changes nothing. 

I have looked through all the other xaml and couldn't find any more video stretch properties.

I was wondering, is it possible for me to adjust in the settings files the time the platform/game list stays on the screen before it selects the game or platform?  Sometimes it feels too fast and it chooses the game before I'm ready, which means it has to pause to load the next video.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, alnyden said:

I was wondering, is it possible for me to adjust in the settings files the time the platform/game list stays on the screen before it selects the game or platform?  Sometimes it feels too fast and it chooses the game before I'm ready, which means it has to pause to load the next video.  Thanks!

There's no way to delay it's start, but you could possibly combine a collapsed visibility animation with an opacity animation to stop it from appearing for a certain amount of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, faeran said:

There's no way to delay it's start, but you could possibly combine a collapsed visibility animation with an opacity animation to stop it from appearing for a certain amount of time.

No worries if it's that complicated.  I was hoping it would just be changing a number.  :) 

Since the Reicast core in Retroarch now supports Mame Arcade roms for Atomiswave and Naomi,

I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate this with an upload of an Atomiswave game backgrounds pack :)

it comes with backgrounds for all 28 Sammy Atomiswave games that are available right now.

It also comes with a slightly modified Background for "Sammy Atomiswave" platform background as replacement.

Preview:

Spoiler

atom1-min.thumb.png.4c9785357162615474c552e6f58c726d.pngatom2-min.thumb.png.a477d080343ba060c97d2a4bf14aaf03.pngatom3-min.thumb.png.6ba34f47a0e3b8a640504956eb39658d.pngatom4-min.thumb.png.502d8c2ecc63a4fa655994dabfc9722e.png

• Like 1