LaunchBox Community Forums
RandyMackDaddy

Combining discs in 1 folder for ps1 Roms

I am currently playing gran turismo for PlayStation (ePSXe) I'm playing the arcade disc..next I want to add and play the simulation disc. Can I combine the.bin & .cue files of disc 1 and 2 in the same gran turismo Rom folder or do I have to have 2 separate games?

I have both in the folder, but can still only access arcade mode. When I just transfer simulation mode,I can only access that. Then I tried adding simulation first,Then adding arcade. It said successfully transferred 0 games. So both transfer individually fine, but can't seem to combine them.

1 hour ago, MalachiMaverick said:

Wait, if you can combine multi disc games into one file, then does that mean that you won't have to worry about the change disc screen that comes up in game when the disc is over?

You aren't merging the disks, you combine the games in LB so both are under 1 game entry and then you can select which game you want to load using the Additional Apps.

Import both games cue files into LB and once they are there you can select both games, right click and combine.920491281_2018-09-1401_12_52-Window.thumb.jpg.b0cd50d91bcf073610f157eec36d899e.jpg2058397571_2018-09-1401_13_25-Window.thumb.jpg.d015da47082bc2eba5a7eeb7a0757760.jpg321110101_2018-09-1401_14_01-Window.thumb.jpg.301488ebb063865d6123e4933c1dac9b.jpg214857082_2018-09-1401_14_20-.jpg.b72ff49ec78bcfabcf2144023e55ceb4.jpg477956885_2018-09-1401_15_18-Window.thumb.jpg.6b783bbcb77af9cc71525c6ad677566b.jpg

So when you're actually in RetroArch and you need to switch discs, can you do it directly within RetroArch without needing to make a save state, back out, and select it from LaunchBox? I've heard of lots of problems with switching discs back in the ePSXe days. Is it fixed now in RetroArch?

Retroarch has it's owb built in disk swapping through the quick menu, this what I have shown here is for launching specific disks from LB.

11 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Retroarch has it's owb built in disk swapping through the quick menu, this what I have shown here is for launching specific disks from LB.

Is swapping discs pretty accurate, and bug free now? No crashes or other dumb things happening that shouldn't happen? Does it just work the way it's supposed to like it would in the real hardware when you use RetroArch?

To be perfectly honest I have not played any multi disk games enough to get to the point of swapping disks but Zombeaver and others have and say it works perfectly fine.

• Thanks 1

There was a forum in the past which provided the necessary files to merge most PS1 games into a single file so you didn't need to switch discs. I've played games from start to finish and can say it works. I don't know the site anymore as I've converted all my games already.

30 minutes ago, RandyMackDaddy said:

Meaning, will big box show 2 different games or will it combine them and you can play through without having to change games (discs)?

You can have it show separated or combined, your choice.

You will have to swap disks because that's on the emulator, not LB.