LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

15 minutes ago, firebirdocz said:

So I see what the problem is. When I am loading a game that does not have a bezel it defaults to the sonic bezel. I went into my retroarch.cfg and deleted the sonic bezel from the default overlay fixed. But the first bezel I play a game with it picks as the new default. When I pick a game it has a bezel for it uses that bezel but if no bezel it goes to the default. Is there any way to use a different default bezel specific to each emulator if there is no game specific bezel to use?

You need to save a "game override" in the quick menu after picking the bezel i assume?

18 minutes ago, firebirdocz said:

So I see what the problem is. When I am loading a game that does not have a bezel it defaults to the sonic bezel. I went into my retroarch.cfg and deleted the sonic bezel from the default overlay fixed. But the first bezel I play a game with it picks as the new default. When I pick a game it has a bezel for it uses that bezel but if no bezel it goes to the default. Is there any way to use a different default bezel specific to each emulator if there is no game specific bezel to use?

A quick fix for now, turn save configuration on exit OFF. 

17 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Don't know if this has beenincorpated yet but should try and config RA to use bezel opacity from 0.70 to 1.00, will make everything look as it should. Sorry if this was mentioned before or not easily done - just mentioning incase it was something people didnt know about :)

It has now, thanks for the suggestion.  It will be available in the next iteration of the installer (v1.2) which will be released once the next system has been completed.

For those who want to make the change in the meantime, open retroarch.cfg with your text editor of choice and find this line;

input_overlay_opacity = "0.700000"

Change to;

input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"

Save the file and you're done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, CaptSpeirs said:

I recently watched ETA Prime's tutorial on installing the Bezel Project in LaunchBox. I followed the instructions and ended up with these error screens. Please help, I think this project is great and would like to use it myself, thanks.

Sorry to see that it's giving issues.  As a first step please could you double check that you are using the latest version of the installer, available via this link: https://github.com/thebezelproject/BezelProject-Windows/releases/latest 

As as secondary step, try running the installer as Administrator.

If you are still seeing issues, please report back and we will try to assist.  Please also detail which OS you are running (looks like Windows 7?) 

Edited by dmc4708

8 hours ago, dmc4708 said:

Sorry to see that it's giving issues.  As a first step please could you double check that you are using the latest version of the installer, available via this link: https://github.com/thebezelproject/BezelProject-Windows/releases/latest 

As as secondary step, try running the installer as Administrator.

If you are still seeing issues, please report back and we will try to assist.  Please also detail which OS you are running (looks like Windows 7?) 

Thanks for the quick response and your time. I am using 1.3 and I tried with right click "Run as administrator" and I still get the same errors. I am using Windows 7. Should the installer be somewhere specific or install from anywhere as long as it knows where my Retroarch dir is? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 10:30 PM, CaptSpeirs said:

Thanks for the quick response and your time. I am using 1.3 and I tried with right click "Run as administrator" and I still get the same errors. I am using Windows 7. Should the installer be somewhere specific or install from anywhere as long as it knows where my Retroarch dir is? 

Was a solution found to this issue?  I'm having the same problem - tried running as administrator, no change.

Also running Windows 7x64 - perhaps that is the issue somehow?

8 hours ago, jt.cs said:

Was a solution found to this issue?  I'm having the same problem - tried running as administrator, no change.

Also running Windows 7x64 - perhaps that is the issue somehow?

Yep im having exactly the same problem on windows 7 64 bit, frustrating to say the least!!!

The plugin exe seems to pull the proper .cfg files, but fails when attempting to pull the artwork itself.

Temporary solution is to grab the artwork/bezels directly from the repository @ https://github.com/thebezelproject?tab=repositories and then use the bezel project windows installer exe to overwrite the config files (as the ones supplied with the artwork point to RetroPie directories and file structures) - just be sure to rename the "overlay" directory in the artwork packages to "overlays" as used in Windows.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:49 PM, jt.cs said:

The plugin exe seems to pull the proper .cfg files, but fails when attempting to pull the artwork itself.

Temporary solution is to grab the artwork/bezels directly from the repository @ https://github.com/thebezelproject?tab=repositories and then use the bezel project windows installer exe to overwrite the config files (as the ones supplied with the artwork point to RetroPie directories and file structures) - just be sure to rename the "overlay" directory in the artwork packages to "overlays" as used in Windows.

Could you please explain this to me like I am a six year old or I guess in this day and age a 60 year old? I tried to figure out what you meant and I think I'm close, but it didn't work right.

19 minutes ago, CaptSpeirs said:

Could you please explain this to me like I am a six year old or I guess in this day and age a 60 year old? I tried to figure out what you meant and I think I'm close, but it didn't work right.

If you read page one of this thread, there are step by step instructions by myself and ateb, using two similar approaches of manually integrating the files into a Windows based RetroArch installation.