LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 Configurator Next

View File

PCSX2 Configurator Next for LaunchBox
PCSX2 Configuartor Next is a plugin for LaunchBox that allows users to easily configure PCSX2 on a per-game basis. The plugin also allows for pre-optimised configs to be downloaded from right within LaunchBox for a whole host of popular PS2 games, from Zombeaver's excellent PS2 Configuration Project.

Installation
The plugin is easy to install and simply needs to be downloaded and extracted. The archive contains a folder called "PCSX2 Configurator Next", this should be placed in the root of the "Plugins" in the user's LaunchBox directory. Any previous versions of the plugin should be removed before attempting to install this version.

General Usage
The plugin is relatively straight forward to use, but has been changed significantly from previous versions. You will first need to have PCSX2 (1.5.0 development build) setup as an emulator in LaunchBox. Then right click on a PS2 Game and choose "PCSX2 Configurator" from near the bottom of the context menu. This will present a menu of options:

"Create Config" - Creates a new config for the game in question based on the users current PCSX2 settings, If a config already exists this will overwrite that config with a new one.

"Download Config" - This will download one of Zombeaver's Config and set it up to be ready to play for the selected game, this will be greyed out if now config is available, and will change to "Update Config" if a new update is available for the downloaded config.

"Remove Config" - This will remove the current config for the selected game, and will be greyed out if there is no current config.

"Configure With PCSX2" - This will open PCSX2 with the config for the selected game loaded, allowing you to customise your config for the selected game (Downloaded Config's can also be tweaked). Once a game has a created config this can also be done using LaunchBox's built in "Configure" from the games context menu. Both these options will be greyed out if there is no config for the selected game.

There is also a "settings.ini" file created in the plugins folder ("%LaunchBoxDir%/Plugins/PCSX2 Configurator Next"), this can be tweaked manually but most settings don't need to be touched in most cases. Some people may wish to change the "GameConfigsDir" which is where the created configs are stored, this deafults to the users PCSX2 "inis" directory. There is currently no inteface to modify these settings, but that is planned in a future version.

Version Info and The Next in The Name
This version of the plugin is the successor to the original PCSX2 Configurator plugin, with a completely re-worked codebase from that version, and full compatibility with LaunchBox.Next (which is now the current version of LaunchBox). The main reason "Next" was added to the name is to initially seperate it from that (now discontinued) verison of the plugin. This release is currently in Beta and the "Next" from the name will probably be dropped eventually for a stable release with more features.

Credit and Support
I have personally put a lot of time and effort into all versions of this plugin, with it essentially being my free-time pet project for the last year and a half. Though I know the plugin would not be what it is today without Zombeaver who really helped me to bring this plugin to the next level, by allow me to integrate his PS2 configurations into it as well as creating artwork and helping me test the plugin. I would also like to say a big thank you to spectral, neil9000, and kmoney for helping me out with testing, and of course Jason Carr for making LaunchBox and implementing some of my requested changes into the plugin engine. I intend to keep working on this plugin, and fix any reported bugs as well as update the plugin with new features. So if you have any problem or feature request's hop over to the plugins thread on the forums and let me know. The project is also open sourced under the MIT license and can be found on my github.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Hell yes! Testing now. Thanks! 

@Zombeaver will you accept any of my two dozen PCSX2 config requests? Lol just kidding.

EDIT: Works without a hitch, thanks again! Question, is it feasible to implement a 'Download All' functionality that scans your entire PS2 games library, then downloads existing configs for all supported games simultaneously?

Edited by Thornback

44 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Hell yes! Testing now. Thanks! 

@Zombeaver will you accept any of my two dozen PCSX2 config requests? Lol just kidding. 

Feel free to post any requests in the config thread. I have a current to-do list in the opening post.

• Like 1

Hi, so far this Plugin doesn't work for me. It shows up in the Launchbox menu but is greyd out and unaccessable when I right click on a PS2 game.

I am currently on Launchbox 8.8 beta 2. I have the latest version of PCSX2, all my PS2 games are scanned and have their LBGID.

508121923_LaunchboxPCSX2cfg.thumb.png.99b8d55e133661d6723b26fe5a4325e5.png

Thanks, been wait for this update.

Just installed and the plugin is looking for PCSX2_ui.ini in the /inis folder. I'm running PCSX2 1.4.0 portable which has inis saved in /inis_1.4.0, so i'm getting an error every time i launch the plugin. Any suggestions to fix this? I cant see an option in PCSX2 to change the directory location which would be a quick fix!

Exciting! I did get a nasty error when trying to download config for a game though. Turns out I was missing GSdx.ini and it crashed Launchbox.

It was easy to fix though. I opened PCSX2 and went into Config -> Plugin/Bios Selector and clicked on Configure next to GS, click OK and the GSdx.ini was created.

Big thank you for getting this working with the latest version of launchbox. 

Just downloaded the configs for 'K-1 World GP 2006' & 'K-1 Premium Dynamite 2005' after the initial memory card screen they both just seem to go to a blank screen?

Edited by tensazangetsu

27 minutes ago, minipierre said:

Thanks, been wait for this update.

Just installed and the plugin is looking for PCSX2_ui.ini in the /inis folder. I'm running PCSX2 1.4.0 portable which has inis saved in /inis_1.4.0, so i'm getting an error every time i launch the plugin. Any suggestions to fix this? I cant see an option in PCSX2 to change the directory location which would be a quick fix!

You need 1.5.0

12 hours ago, Thornback said:

EDIT: Works without a hitch, thanks again! Question, is it feasible to implement a 'Download All' functionality that scans your entire PS2 games library, then downloads existing configs for all supported games simultaneously?

A feature that will essentially do that is planned, and will be in a future release. I just wanted to get this initial release out there, before moving on to implementing some more complex features.

3 hours ago, Scratcher said:

Hi, so far this Plugin doesn't work for me. It shows up in the Launchbox menu but is greyd out and unaccessable when I right click on a PS2 game.

I am currently on Launchbox 8.8 beta 2. I have the latest version of PCSX2, all my PS2 games are scanned and have their LBGID.

That seems very strange the only condition for the Plugin being clickable is that the platform is "Sony Playstation 2", so I'd expect it to work. Can you provide any more information?

2 hours ago, minipierre said:

As @Thornback said above, you basically need a 1.5.0 development build, it wouldn't be super hard to put in basic support for 1.4.0 in future versions and there are several work-around's for it, but I wouldn't recommend it as all of @Zombeaver's config are designed with 1.5.0 and many of them do not work correctly in earlier versions. There aren't really any negative side-effects to using one of the development builds.

2 hours ago, Soundtrackgeek said:

Exciting! I did get a nasty error when trying to download config for a game though. Turns out I was missing GSdx.ini and it crashed Launchbox.

It was easy to fix though. I opened PCSX2 and went into Config -> Plugin/Bios Selector and clicked on Configure next to GS, click OK and the GSdx.ini was created.

That would make sense, I think I know why it's doing that if Gsdx.ini isn't present, and I also don't think it absolutely needs to be present to allow a downloaded config to work, so I will try and have this fixed in a future version.

2 hours ago, tensazangetsu said:

Big thank you for getting this working with the latest version of launchbox. 

Just downloaded the configs for 'K-1 World GP 2006' & 'K-1 Premium Dynamite 2005' after the initial memory card screen they both just seem to go to a blank screen?

Don't know what the issue could be here, at least without more information. First make sure your version of PCSX2 is up to date with the latest development build as mentioned above. Then try downloading configs for other games, and see if you get the same result?

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, this is my first time using LaunchBox but I have a problem with this plugin. When I clicked the PCSX2 configuration, nothing happens and the configure (Ctrl+G) greyed out. Looks like I'm not the one with this problem. Scratcher's issue is as same as mine.

I've installed PCSX2 1.5 and the plugin has been copied to Launchbox/Plugins directory. The Launchbox version is 8.7. 

I followed exactly as the installation instruction said. I'm suspect the PCSX2 configuration settings might have something to do with this issue but I have no idea what and where to look for.

5 minutes ago, EmperorFaiz said:

Hey, this is my first time using LaunchBox but I have a problem with this plugin. When I clicked the PCSX2 configuration, nothing happens and the configure (Ctrl+G) greyed out. Looks like I'm not the one with this problem. Scratcher's issue is as same as mine.

I've installed PCSX2 1.5 and the plugin has been copied to Launchbox/Plugins directory. The Launchbox version is 8.7. 

I followed exactly as the installation instruction said. I'm suspect the PCSX2 configuration settings might have something to do with this issue but I have no idea what and where to look for.

Have you setup PCSX2 as an emulator in LaunchBox, so that the plugin (and LaunchBox) knows where to find it? If you have done this and it is still not working then you will need to enable logging by opening settings.xml (located in %LaunchBoxDir%/Data), and changing the line "<DebugLog>false</DebugLog>" to  "<DebugLog>true</DebugLog>", and then try it again and afterwards zip up your LaunchBox Logs folder (%LaunchBoxDir%/Logs), and attach it,  so that I can see the error.

The configure (ctrl+G) will be greyed out as that is not used for roms, its a dosbox tool mostly. I cant help with the plugin being greyed out though, its working just fine for me here.

1669709596_Screenshot(78).thumb.png.55f34ff60d6d3a9706a0d4899ca5f6a4.png

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

The configure (ctrl+G) will be greyed out as that is not used for roms, its a dosbox tool mostly. I cant help with the plugin being greyed out though, its working just fine for me here.

Although this is right, My plugin does still make use of the Configure menu item, as a shortcut to open PCSX2 when the game has a config setup. And older version's of the plugin relied on it much more.

2 minutes ago, alec100_94 said:

Although this is right, My plugin does still make use of the Configure menu item, as a shortcut to open PCSX2 when the game has a config setup. And older version's of the plugin relied on it much more.

I stand corrected. :) It was greyed out for me also when i checked just now, however i just restarted my PC and now i can click on it, so im not sure what changed there so that i can now use it.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I stand corrected. :) It was greyed out for me also when i checked just now, however i just restarted my PC and now i can click on it, so im not sure what changed there so that i can now use it.

Any game with a game config in your game configs directory should have configure as a clickable option. The one case where it will not show is if you have just pressed Edit on the game and saved changes, but it should show again the next time the game is right clicked. It basically just acts as a shortcut here, for opening the plugin window and pressing "Configure with PCSX2".

Edited by alec100_94

11 minutes ago, alec100_94 said:

Ok, here's a custom build for debugging that issue, let me know what happens.

PCSX2 Configurator Next Debug.zip

Unfortunatly restarting my PC didnt work but i will give this custom build a go and report back 😉

@alec100_94

when I right click a PS2 game with the custom build a small window pops up saying ''Not Valid'' followed by a seconded small window saying ''Sony PlayStation 2''