LaunchBox Community Forums

8 minutes ago, sakt1moko said:

1.\\NAS\Retro\LaunchBox\Images\Steam Powered ©\Steam Banner\Counter-Strike Global Offensive-01

2. Ive already got it on my list. It has some metadata already downloaded on launchbox, but when I click on the plugin, doesnt work

3. Yep, ive try both, 1.6 and 1.8

ps. feel free to add me to steam: sakt1moko Maybe we could check via teamviewer

Just  quick test Try to rename your platform and remove the © character from it. Leave it as Steam only

34 minutes ago, sakt1moko said:

Didnt work

Did you scraper again after that and restarted lb? Make sure that images are going to \NAS\Retro\LaunchBox\Images\Steam\Steam Banner

Edited by srxz

3 hours ago, srxz said:

Did you scraper again afternoon that and restarted lb? Make sure that images are going to \NAS\Retro\LaunchBox\Images\Steam\Steam Banner

Yeah mate, I tried that. About the folder of the image, they are on the steam powered folder, dont move on to the new folder

It works! Thanks mate

Edited by sakt1moko

1 minute ago, sakt1moko said:

Yeah mate, I tried that. About the folder of the image, they are on the steam powered folder, dont move on to the new folder

still not working

Try to create a new  platform without special characters, add a new game there and scrape.

Then check the platform images.

I will add you on steam so we can go through this.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:50 PM, CriticalCid said:

I just found a minor issue with the descriptions. Your plugin apparently adds some characters as HTML code into the notes field.

image.thumb.png.2d83a724be34a754d637db320df5a506.png

image.thumb.png.843a85be7028f346fb37e9e93c74fea4.png

Yeah, its a known issue because the steam store is actually a Webpage wrapped in steam client, so Html tags works, I have to gather all the occurrences of html tags and replace it, actually I replace everything under <> , but these tags are not enclosed with anything.

I'll try to fix those two, if you found more please post it here and I will fix it.

I will try to add some kind of properties as well to: (first need to learn how to do it lol!)

• enable/disable of Custom fields Tags
  • switch between each tag with its own Key/value and One Key with multiple values separated with ; (Pending to see how Launchbox will behave)
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, srxz said:

Yeah, its a known issue because the steam store is actually a Webpage wrapped in steam client, so Html tags works, I have to gather all the occurrences of html tags and replace it, actually I replace everything under <> , but these tags are not enclosed with anything.

I'll try to fix those two, if you found more please post it here and I will fix it.

I will try to add some kind of properties as well to: (first need to learn how to do it lol!)

• enable/disable of Custom fields Tags
  • switch between each tag with its own Key/value and One Key with multiple values separated with ; (Pending to see how Launchbox will behave)

Ok I just implemented the Properties file to use or not CustomFields, but as stated here (https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/249/custom-fields-do-not-support-multiple)  Custom fields doens't support semi-colon yet, so I guess there's no point to implement the switch yet because we won't be able to organize anything.

I will release the multiple Keys with the same value switch for now, maybe we can ask to @Jason Carr to implement Issue#249 

Regarding the HTML tags I'm still working on it, I will try to release before I go to vacation :P

Edited by srxz

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This doesn't seem to be working anymore.  It worked on June 9.  But now, it doesn't add the tags I know are missing from steam games.  And when I try to use the steam url to scrape games I got from other systems, I click yes to overwrite what is already in launch box and get this error message:

Spoiler

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: C. Path '', line 0, position 0.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.9
Type:    Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException
Site:    Boolean ParseValue()
Source:  Newtonsoft.Json

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   at SteamScraper.SteamTags.SteamTag(String appId)
   at SteamScraper.SteamApi.SteamSearch(String appId)
   at SteamScraper.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

9:17:40 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:17:40 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:17:40 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:17:40 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:17:40 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:17:52 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:17:52 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:17:52 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:17:52 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:17:52 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:18:09 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:18:09 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:18:09 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:18:09 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:18:09 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:18:11 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:18:11 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:18:11 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:18:11 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:18:11 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:18:32 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:18:33 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:18:33 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:18:33 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:18:33 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:18:34 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:18:34 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:18:34 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:18:34 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:18:34 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:18:50 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:18:50 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:18:50 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:18:50 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:18:50 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:18:53 AM Music.Prepare Start
   9:18:53 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:18:53 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:18:53 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   9:18:53 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   9:19:06 AM Exception

Has there been a launchbox update that isn't compatible?

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I just tested here on 9.9 and i am not getting any errors. However i am also not getting any tags. I tested on Assassins Creed Origins.

image.thumb.png.0bd1e49d36ca1f346fd5bc907f1ba747.png

I will try to test asap these problems, unfortunately I'm overseas for a week so I will try to take a look into this after 24 of June. Sorry :(

That’s weird. The plugin is still working completely fine for me in 9.9. All tags are getting added just fine, I just tested it with a couple of newly added games.

Because it was addressed earlier in this thread: When you use the scraper you won’t see the changes immediately, you have to select a different game first and/or reload the image cache for the particular games to see the new metadata and media.

On another note, it looks like that Steam itself will feature Box - Front covers, Banner/Marquees and Clear Logos for all games very soon. I’m really excited about that because it will fill a lot of artwork gaps and make our Steam collections finally Big Box ready. It’s definitely something to keep an eye on :)

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks#announcements/detail/1597002662762032240

And finally I have a request for you @srxz. Would it be possible to add a link to the corresponding SteamDB pages as additional app? I have a lot of Steam games that were removed from the Steam store and therefore your plugin can’t find anything for them. Having an easy way to go to SteamDB would help me a lot to fill them in manually. Also is SteamDB a great source for in-depth info’s for all Steam games and features links to the respective Steam store page, community hub or PCGamingWiki article. So it would be quite handy in a lot of cases.

The SteamDB URL’s are very straight forward:  https://steamdb.info/app/GAME_ID/

34 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

That’s weird. The plugin is still working completely fine for me in 9.9. All tags are getting added just fine, I just tested it with a couple of newly added games.

Because it was addressed earlier in this thread: When you use the scraper you won’t see the changes immediately, you have to select a different game first and/or reload the image cache for the particular games to see the new metadata and media.

On another note, it looks like that Steam itself will feature Box - Front covers, Banner/Marquees and Clear Logos for all games very soon. I’m really excited about that because it will fill a lot of artwork gaps and make our Steam collections finally Big Box ready. It’s definitely something to keep an eye on :)

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks#announcements/detail/1597002662762032240

And finally I have a request for you @srxz. Would it be possible to add a link to the corresponding SteamDB pages as additional app? I have a lot of Steam games that were removed from the Steam store and therefore your plugin can’t find anything for them. Having an easy way to go to SteamDB would help me a lot to fill them in manually. Also is SteamDB a great source for in-depth info’s for all Steam games and features links to the respective Steam store page, community hub or PCGamingWiki article. So it would be quite handy in a lot of cases.

The SteamDB URL’s are very straight forward:  https://steamdb.info/app/GAME_ID/

You mean just add the steamdb as a custom tag? If that's the request it's easy. 

I'm currently overseas once I get back I will update the plug-in.