LaunchBox Community Forums

CEMU Game Launch Issue from Launchbox

jdiegelmann

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with BOTW and Cemu v1.13.2d.  Works perfectly outside of LB/BB (v9.0 b1), but when launched from LB/BB it crashes back to LB/BB after compiling the shader cache.

The other WiiU games hat I play work fine from LB/BB.  I've checked all f the paths and settings and am stumped.

Anyone figure this out?

Thanks,  Scott

14 hours ago, smpetty said:

I'm having the same problem with BOTW and Cemu v1.13.2d.  Works perfectly outside of LB/BB (v9.0 b1), but when launched from LB/BB it crashes back to LB/BB after compiling the shader cache.

The other WiiU games hat I play work fine from LB/BB.  I've checked all f the paths and settings and am stumped.

Anyone figure this out?

Thanks,  Scott

Its working fine here for me, Launchbox 9.0 beta 1, CEMU 1.13.2d, and the latest cemuhook 0.5.6.8.

Strange - last night I enabled RDTSC and XAudio in my Cemu settings.  This morning BOTW boots just fine from LB/BB.

The changes that I made were from here: http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/Serfrosts_Cemu_Setup_Guide

The BOTW game profile lists as:

# TLoZ: Breath of the Wild (USA)

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = false
extendedTextureReadback = true
accurateShaderMul = true
GPUBufferCacheAccuracy = 2
disablePrecompiledShaders = true

[CPU]
cpuMode = Triplecore-Recompiler

[General]
useRDTSC = false

I am having the same problems loading games. What I have noticed is that if the shader cache is very low it will not load. If I take a working ie. loading game and remove it's shader cache it will load in cemu but not on launchbox. Has anyone else seen this behavior.

•  
  • Suhrvivor
  • Members
  • 135 posts
Update your Cemuhook, that should fix the crashes after shader compiling.

I'm sorry. I should have explained better. I am running cemu 1.13.2 Cemuhook 0.5.6.8.

I have a cpu i7-4790 @4.7OC, GPU GTX1080, 32GB Ram. My point is that if you have a 

game that loads in Launchbox and then remove that larger shader cache, run the game

with Cemu so that it will have a very small shader cache, then attempt to start it with

Launchbox it crashes. After that replace the new smaller shader cache with the old

working larger shader cache you removed previously and it will load with Launchbox.

Can anyone else verify this phenomenon. 

Same thing happening when i launch cemu games with steam. Never used to happen until i first updated to any version past 1.13. Not sure if relevant, but ive been searching for a fix for this with steam and this thread has been coming up for a month. My old games still load fine, but created command links for a couple new games, all of them crash out while trying to load shader cache.

Edited by dullahan

What I have heard about the cache issues from a Youtuber, is that sometimes you have to start a game outside LB and play it for a bit to allow shadercache to be stored, and that will help solving the issue, but I'm not 100% sure about it, but give it a try and see if that works. :)

So I installed a completely clean copy of the latest Cemu and followed BSOD's instructions for a proper install. After doing so, the games I already had previously added to Launchbox began launching fine from Launchbox. The moment I added another game, all the game launches broke again. No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to want to work. 

I'm about to run another fresh install and see if it will work again for all the games I currently have listed. Will update this post after my test. 

**Update**

A fresh install didn't correct the problem as it did last time. No clue what is causing this still. 

Edited by jdiegelmann

12 hours ago, jdiegelmann said:

Confirmed fix! Worked for me as well. Hot damn, you're beautiful.

Devs any ideas?

1 minute ago, Stovies said:

I can second that fix!  Thanks.

In that case this is a CEMU issue not a Launchbox one, as it's related to a specific CEMU setting that Launchbox has no control over.

Just a thought, but in CEMU for those of you that are having issues launching from within LB/BB did you set/change the Custom Timer settings?  I had this issue in the past, where I was using the suggestions made by BSOD Gaming for settings in CEMU, and the custom timings caused the bug you are seeing to happen.  Once I switched those back to the default settings that CEMU comes with, the bug went away.  Not sure if this will fix your issue or not, but since it fixed mine I thought I'd share a possible fix :)

Hope this helps,
CDBlue