LaunchBox Community Forums

8.9-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Maybe, but they scrape from our database, i just uncheck 3D box from our database and grab them from emumovies.

Probably going both ways. I recall seeing the whole no-intro set before Jason started the database. Either way, I'm chit-chatting OT. Back to patch talk.

Not sure if it's a bug - but I can't seem to separate out the box art for USA and Japanese versions of games. I edit the USA version with the right art, but that changes the Japanese version as well - and vice versa! I have my roms separated out (rather than combined); is it possible to achieve this?

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Not sure if it's a bug - but I can't seem to separate out the box art for USA and Japanese versions of games. I edit the USA version with the right art, but that changes the Japanese version as well - and vice versa! I have my roms separated out (rather than combined); is it possible to achieve this?

LaunchBox should automatically prioritize which image to display if the Region field on the games are set correctly, even if each game shows both images in the list.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox should automatically prioritize which image to display if the Region field on the games are set correctly, even if each game shows both images in the list.

Sega Genesis boxart is horrendously co-mingled with MegaDrive, despite having my region priority set to US.

I imagine that has to get sorted out on the database end.

1 hour ago, GreenGriffon said:

Sega Genesis boxart is horrendously co-mingled with MegaDrive, despite having my region priority set to US.

I imagine that has to get sorted out on the database end.

Yes, that's correct. The data needs to be correct on the database (and contain both MD and SG art) to handle it correctly.

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Ah - so rather than delete the images for that game which relate to the other region, I need to have both in there and let Launchbox choose the right one automatically. What if I am adding images manually - how can I specify that an image is just for a certain region? 

Edit - just added the Japanese images to 10 Yard Fight (NES), alongside the US images. When refreshing the game in LB, it is showing the Japanese 3D box art for the "North America, Europe" version of the game! If I keep hitting the refresh button for that game, it seems to randomly choose whether to display the US or the Jap 3D box!

Edited by Dan

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Ah - so rather than delete the images for that game which relate to the other region, I need to have both in there and let Launchbox choose the right one automatically. What if I am adding images manually - how can I specify that an image is just for a certain region? 

Edit - just added the Japanese images to 10 Yard Fight (NES), alongside the US images. When refreshing the game in LB, it is showing the Japanese 3D box art for the "North America, Europe" version of the game! If I keep hitting the refresh button for that game, it seems to randomly choose whether to display the US or the Jap 3D box!

You would have to manually place the image into the correct subfolder, for example LaunchBox\Images\Nintendo Entertainment System\Box - Front\Japan.

There may be an issue if the region doesn't match up exactly, so that's my guess as to what might be going on there. The name of the last folder should match the name of the region.

Yes, I am just now realising the significance of the regions' sub-folders in the image directories. Paying heed to this, it seems that things are indeed working better. Does LB scrape according to region? I have found that when I scrape a Japanese game, it can download both USA and Japanese art. Sorry for going off topic!

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yes, I am just now realising the significance of the regions' sub-folders in the image directories. Paying heed to this, it seems that things are indeed working better. Does LB scrape according to region? I have found that when I scrape a Japanese game, it can download both USA and Japanese art. Sorry for going off topic!

This could be improved, as I believe right now it just downloads everything.

Not sure what it is, but I'm over here playing Altered Beast on MAME with my Fiancee and it keeps being interrupted at random with LaunchBox for some reason is opening up even though it's already opened. Not sure if it's due to moving the menu with the controller or not, but it's really annoying though.

13 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Yeah, all I know is it's very strange and not something I've ever experienced before until today.

Unfortunately that sounds fairly difficult to troubleshoot. I would first try rebooting to see if it still happens. The only thing I can think of is that something keeps running LaunchBox.exe or BigBox.exe in the background, as that will focus the window.

• Like 1