Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Bobsaidwzob

3d cartridge templates

Recommended Posts

Would anyone be willing to create some realistic looking 3d cartridge templates for some systems? I have the 2d cart template I use but I'm looking to also have a 3d version and am not great with creating 3d images in photoshop (repousse). I'm looking for more of a realistic looking detail on the sides than just a plain extrusion. Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what systems? Many systems already have some nice 3D cart pics, so may not have to duplicate effort if there are sets you haven't seen as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For most of the systems. I know theres some already out there for the nes, snes, and master system. There's also a bunch of cartridge based systems that are missing any 3d cart artwork. The gameboys, genesis/md, game gear, super famicom, 3ds, ds, 32x, virtual boy. As far as theo nes already out there, they're not really what i was looking for but I've been using them for the time being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I have the ones you listed as existing, but I also have a few for systems you list as not available. If you can, post a picture of what 3D view you prefer for your carts and I'll see what I have. I also have a few cart templates from my searching over the years. I might have something for you there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the ones I have art for:

Atari 5200
Atari Jaguar
GCE Vectrex
Mattel Intellivision
NEC Supergrafx
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega 32X
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

 

Atari 5200 3D carts_00.jpg

Atari Jaguar 3D carts_00.jpg

GCE Vectrex 3D carts_00.jpg

Mattel Intellivision 3D carts_00.jpg

NEC Supergrafx 3D carts_00.jpg

Nintendo 64 3D carts_00.jpg

Nintendo Entertainment System 3D carts_00.jpg

Sega 32X 3D carts_00.jpg

Sega Genesis 3D carts_00.jpg

Sega Master System 3D carts_00.jpg

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 3D carts_00.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @dragon57,

     I'm having a rough time trying to complete my SNES 3d carts. I noticed you had a pretty extensive collection there, being you have some of the SFC as SNES carts. Would you happen to still have the template, friend? If not, or if it's easier for ya, would you mind zipping up your snes 3d carts folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xzile said:

Hey @dragon57,

     I'm having a rough time trying to complete my SNES 3d carts. I noticed you had a pretty extensive collection there, being you have some of the SFC as SNES carts. Would you happen to still have the template, friend? If not, or if it's easier for ya, would you mind zipping up your snes 3d carts folder?

I actually only have a small SNES 3D cart collection, only around 200. Sort of like a 'best of' collection. When I need a 3D cart image I just go to the Hyperspin ftp and download them. The ftp collection is around 787 images for 3D SNES carts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I actually only have a small SNES 3D cart collection, only around 200. Sort of like a 'best of' collection. When I need a 3D cart image I just go to the Hyperspin ftp and download them. The ftp collection is around 787 images for 3D SNES carts.

Fair enough,

I've actually downloaded many 3d packs from both hyperspin and emu movies ftp and there still seem to be a few missing, here and there, whether its prototypes or mislabels.

I'm gonna have to see if anyone has the original template and fill the gaps, then and upload it into LB DB. Thanks anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xzile said:

Fair enough,

I've actually downloaded many 3d packs from both hyperspin and emu movies ftp and there still seem to be a few missing, here and there, whether its prototypes or mislabels.

I'm gonna have to see if anyone has the original template and fill the gaps, then and upload it into LB DB. Thanks anyway

If you provide a list of what you are missing I'm glad to check to see if I can fill any gaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these aren't official releases so they may not have an actual cart, but rather a mock-up.

 

Miracle Piano Teaching System (3d Cart)

PGA Tour '96 (3d Cart)  - The one on emumovies is erroneus. (PGA Tour Golf)

RHI Roller Hockey '95 (3d Cart) 

Spellcraft: Aspect of Valor (3d Cart)

Star Fox 2 (3d Cart) - Mock-up cart

Street Fighter II - World Warrior (3d Cart) - This one should be easier to find, but emumovies has Street Fighter II - Turbo as it's 3d Cart, and so do most of the Packs.

Shadow of the Beast (3d Cart) - Amiga game. Another mock-up for Snes, never got released.

 

Greatly appreciated dragon, thanks.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xzile said:

Some of these aren't official releases so they may not have an actual cart, but rather a mock-up.

 

Miracle Piano Teaching System (3d Cart)

PGA Tour '96 (3d Cart)  - The one on emumovies is erroneus. (PGA Tour Golf)

RHI Roller Hockey '95 (3d Cart) 

Spellcraft: Aspect of Valor (3d Cart)

Star Fox 2 (3d Cart) - Mock-up cart

Street Fighter II - World Warrior (3d Cart) - This one should be easier to find, but emumovies has Street Fighter II - Turbo as it's 3d Cart, and so do most of the Packs.

Shadow of the Beast (3d Cart) - Amiga game. Another mock-up for Snes, never got released.

 

Greatly appreciated dragon, thanks.

 

 

 

Unfortunately I didn't have any of these, but I was able to mock them up pretty quickly. Hope you can use them. I have attached a preview and a zip with the files.

Sheet_00.png

Cart - 3D.zip

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Unfortunately I didn't have any of these, but I was able to mock them up pretty quickly. Hope you can use them. I have attached a preview and a zip with the files.

Sheet_00.png

Cart - 3D.zip 1.79 MB · 0 downloads

Wow man, what a bro.

Thanks bud, these are perfect. You're my new best friend 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...