LaunchBox Community Forums

Trackball not working when Mame launched through Launchbox

breite07

Thank you.  I am using GT 2K, it works with the trackball in Maximus Arcade just not through LB/ BB.  I am using the X-Arcade Tank Stick.  Should I delete MAME and reinstall it?  Any other suggestions?  Just so I am giving you all the info, I have Mame64 running with retroarch and Launchbox/ Big Box.

I haven't used Maximus Arcade in a very long time and even then it was only briefly, does it have its own configuration files for emulators like how RocketLauncher does ? or does it use the emulators config files ?

Every one of my trackball games work through LB using the standard command line version of Mame. My HTPC has a Tankstick hooked up to it with a full Mame rom set and all the trackball games work.

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Does RA MAME even support trackball I've never even tested something like that.

It does but I cant remember exactly where it's all at, it could be in the core options in the quick menu or maybe in the Tab menu, i'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, mattblue said:

Is there a video on how to set this up directly without RA

No video that I know of but I do have a Mame guide here:

Just set it up like I have laid out in that guide and enable the stuff I have said here in this thread.

48 minutes ago, mattblue said:

Can I just point it to E or do I have to list each subfolder?

You have to do each path, you can add multiple paths by separating them with a semi colon ";" and you should probably surround the whole thing in quotes.

So for example you will want something along the lines of this:

rompath      "E:\path1\to\roms;E:\path2\to\roms;E:\path3\to\roms"

I would recommend other emulators for consoles, Retroarch and the their console emulator cores are best for those.

You can do some consoles with Mame but that is a bit more advanced and takes some extra effort to do because of bios and command line requirements and Mame emulation for consoles for the most part is not best though that does vary from system to system.