LaunchBox Community Forums

9.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Weird, they were skipped just fine for me, i have 2769 games in my Arcade platform.

These are the import setting I'm using. Maybe Skip Unplayable cause the issue?
I keep that off so it will import my NIAOMI, Model2, Model3, etc.... ROMs for my other emulators.126105125_ScreenShot2018-11-15at10_06_01AM.thumb.jpg.108f58226b7c0ede42107500b6108b59.jpg

1 minute ago, natemac00 said:

These are the import setting I'm using. Maybe Skip Unplayable cause the issue?
I keep that off so it will import my NIAOMI, Model2, Model3, etc.... ROMs for my other emulators.126105125_ScreenShot2018-11-15at10_06_01AM.thumb.jpg.108f58226b7c0ede42107500b6108b59.jpg

Yeah that is likely the cause, i leave everything at the defaults, so i'm not importing any non-working games.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah that is likely the cause, i leave everything at the defaults, so i'm not importing any non-working games.

Well non-working in MAME, a lot of those ROMs considered non-working work just fine in other specialized Emulators. I mean if I'm going out of my way to have a full-set of ROMs to import, I don't want to also have a duplicate set of certain ROMs just to import NAOMI and others correctly when it can be done easily with the Full Set Importer already.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alec100_94 said:

@Omen @neil9000 this is an issue with my plugin. My plugin pretty much governs the command line for ps2 games, and I don't think I ever fully considered the idea of changing that when there was no config present. It should be easy enough to fix but don't know when I'll get around to doing it. I've taken a bit of a break from the plugin's development as of late.

No rush, I figured out that if you add a custom config with the plugin you can then edit the command line options. :)

22 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

Well non-working in MAME, a lot of those ROMs considered non-working work just fine in other specialized Emulators. I mean if I'm going out of my way to have a full-set of ROMs to import, I don't want to also have a duplicate set of certain ROMs just to import NAOMI and others correctly when it can be done easily with the Full Set Importer already.

Looks like you can currently skip those ROMs by checking the box to skip non-arcade games. We could probably use another option to "skip devices/BIOS" but I guess it was never considered because they're not arcade games in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Looks like you can currently skip those ROMs by checking the box to skip non-arcade games. We could probably use another option to "skip devices/BIOS" but I guess it was never considered because they're not arcade games in the first place.

That box is currently checked to skip but still comes in. So maybe this is a bug?

1097049217_ScreenShot2018-11-15at10_06_01AM.thumb.jpg.e58378e55de98347a47518a0e1579142.jpg

11 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

That box is currently checked to skip but still comes in. So maybe this is a bug?

1097049217_ScreenShot2018-11-15at10_06_01AM.thumb.jpg.e58378e55de98347a47518a0e1579142.jpg

Oic. I had to dive in deeper. Yeah, currently it's getting filtered out by skipping unplayable games and that's the only way those are getting filtered out. I hadn't considered that anyone would use the MAME/Arcade full-set import wizard for non-MAME stuff, but I do see your use-case. I'll add this to my list, though I feel like maybe we can come up with a better way of doing it than using the MAME wizard to import non-MAME games.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It looks like you have duplicated arcade playlists. I'm guessing one is the old style and one is the new style playlists. You can manually delete them and then just go to Tools > Create Missing MAME/Arcade playlists.

Thanks I will do that.

Found a bug I believe. When I audit say Arcade all the columns of metadata for 90% of the games are blank but after I click on the game and close it it populates the field since the meta data is really there.

If I refresh the list it also re-populates all the fields. Its the initial first audit causing the blanks.

Edited by DR9

13 hours ago, DR9 said:

Found a bug I believe. When I audit say Arcade all the columns of metadata for 90% of the games are blank but after I click on the game and close it it populates the field since the meta data is really there.

If I refresh the list it also re-populates all the fields. Its the initial first audit causing the blanks.

Can you screenshot me on this? Are you on the 9.0 release? Haven't been able to replicate it as of yet.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you screenshot me on this? Are you on the 9.0 release? Haven't been able to replicate it as of yet.

Initial audit missing fields, then I hit F5 or right click refersh and it comes back. Repeatable for me. Using latest release 9.0

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

41 minutes ago, DR9 said:

Initial audit missing fields, then I hit F5 or right click refersh and it comes back. Repeatable for me. Using latest release 9.0

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

I have just tested my Arcade audit here and everything populated fine first time. I see your roms are on a NAS, is the program on that also or is it local.

I'm getting massive slowdown when I set Platform Category to All in LaunchBox, and I still get bounced back to the previous title if I play or edit something and don't wait a bit before I hit Random again. I feel many of my issues are from when I hit Random which is a feature I really love, and wish more can be worked around it to where I don't so much have loading issues with it and a way I can get to it easier as then maybe not an optional viewed Random button on the dash, but maybe just a HotKey command to it at least somehow via Keyboard and/or Controller.

As far as Playlists go I have imported a few more MAME games last night..but not using the Set Importer. I went ahead with it arranging a Playlist..but what happened was I got 2 different Playlists for SEGA Model 2. I thought doing so might so up in Big Box, but no change on any "Classics" Playlists or anything like that. I ended up Delteing the "Arcade SEGA Model 2" Playlist from the Import, and just left the "SEGA Model 2" Playlist I had from before

So it turns out that I now see the "Classics" Playlists in Big Box since switch it all to Platform Categories instead of just Platforms. I was exploring some of the Setting to see whatelse can be done. So that issue seems to be solved without further digging I guess

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@DR9 I'm puzzled on that one. If you can zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder, I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

@RULLUR It does make some sense that the issues you're seeing would be caused by the Random function, especially if you're seeing delays in your collection. Have you added playlists recently?

Hi Jason here are my logfiles.

Logs.zip