LaunchBox Community Forums

9.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

2 minutes ago, Typhon said:

Ok, I realized I was in fact on the latest stable version, and I just updated to the beta, and now it works properly. Thanks for your help, Jason must have caught it already. :)

Ah make sense. Yes, that was a fix Jason put in for the latest beta. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:22 PM, natemac00 said:

it seems like my arcade area is loading & searching much slower from b4 to b5(i just loaded 6 and its the same). I tried dumping my image cache but it still seems like there is a lag.

when the system starts up the sidebar is completely loaded but it takes a good 14 seconds to load the ROM images in the center area.

also, searching seems to take more time than normal about 10 seconds to start searching.

I've never "noticed" LB being slow til now.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4viiobwgpuyey0/lb.mov?dl=0

Sounds like when I go to my Super Nintendo stuff or even click to a Super Nintendo game on a list. My Arcade stuff isn't that way though

I haven't had much time messing with my GPD Win, but have found at times the cursor will become unresponsive for like 2secs. when switched to controller to navigate the menu. I think @Jason Carrwas saying he also had a GPD Win or possibly GPD Win 2, and I wonder if he too had the same issue or not. I've been spending more time with LaunchBox on my Laptop than GPD Win, but hope I can try help notice any issues on both as much as I can

Hi Guys - Is anyone else's BigBox crawling? When i go from category to category it seems incredibly slow. Sometimes 30 to 45 seconds between the correct video pops up. Once i am in a category or platform it seems closer to normal speed.

Checking to see if this is a common issue or not with the beta.

I am running Unified Refried Theme.

1 minute ago, angelobodetti said:

Hi Guys - Is anyone else's BigBox crawling? When i go from category to category it seems incredibly slow. Sometimes 30 to 45 seconds between the correct video pops up. Once i am in a category or platform it seems closer to normal speed.

Checking to see if this is a common issue or not with the beta.

I am running Unified Refried Theme.

Same here running unified theme with 16GB ram.

Gets worse as uptime increases.

Didn't notice it pre beta.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Omen said:

@Jason Carr I have an issue in Big Box that I think is related to the image cache. I have a Favorites playlist for each individual console, and each playlist has it's own clear logo. If I go first to let's say PlayStation Favorites, the clear logo will be correct, but if I back out and go to any other platform's favorites playlist, the clear logo will still be for PlayStation. The only way to fix this is to clear the image cache, but then it will do the exact same thing with whichever platform I go to first.

Untitled-1.png

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. That looks to be an important thing to solve before the official release. A few questions though, what is that Playstation favorites logo image file called? Is it called "Favorites" or "Playstation Favorites"? Did you add it via the interface or by dropping it into the folder? Is it in the Themes folder or the normal platform image folder?

On 11/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, fredit0 said:

in 9.0 beta 7, the platforms that have .lnk as rom, were losing roms, even one of them remained at 0 and then disappeared, while launchbox was running (example 9 .. 5 ... 0 .. then disappeared)
The funny thing is that the .xlm is still in the DATA folder and I do not notice anything strange in its structure.
I'm not sure if something similar happened with other platforms, since those were the ones I was editing at the time that happened.

Can you PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder? I'll investigate. I've never heard of anything like this, and nothing in the betas should really be causing it. Also let me know which games are being affected.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:32 AM, Dan said:

Possible bug in latest beta - when I edit a game and delete the game video path, the video seems to remain when I look at the game details.

This is how it's always been, though I see how it could be confusing. If a game's video is using a default video path (the video path matches the title or ROM file name, etc.), then removing it won't get rid of the video unless you delete it.

• Thanks 1

I haven't used Big Box in a while, but I see almost every Playlist such as the Classics ones are no longer there. I'm not using any Theme, but have gone in to change things manually. One problem I'm having is the Clear Logo for Arcade doesn't wanna seem to change over to the one I replaced it to.

@RULLUR @angelobodetti @Brandito Please confirm what version you guys are running, and whether you're seeing delays in LaunchBox and/or Big Box. The latest beta should fix a lot of those performance issues, so I'm surprised you're still running into them.

Keep in mind that you may see performance issues once for each category/playlist, and then they should go away, even after a restart. If you have a lot of playlists or a slower system, populating the initial cache for each item might take a short while.

2 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I haven't used Big Box in a while, but I see almost every Playlist such as the Classics ones are no longer there. I'm not using any Theme, but have gone in to change things manually. One problem I'm having is the Clear Logo for Arcade doesn't wanna seem to change over to the one I replaced it to.

Did you refresh the cache in the BigBox settings

3 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I'd have to look at your data to figure out why things are missing. You can PM it to me if you want. Per the clear logo, you might just need to refresh the image cache for the platform wheel images.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like yet again I overlooked something Ha!Ha!Ha! I'm constantly rotating from one thing to the next all unfinished as I balance things in my personal life while knowledge of everything LaunchBox that can be done passes me by. I'll go give that cache a look though. I thought it was weird to see that was the only thing that didn't change over while everything else since I got some free time last night to work on my Big Box stuff..which of course is STILL unfinished.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'd have to look at your data to figure out why things are missing. You can PM it to me if you want. Per the clear logo, you might just need to refresh the image cache for the platform wheel images.

I'm gonna try see if the cache will help first and all before I do a PM as last resort. I'll have to see if I have time to get back on letting you all know if it worked or not, but if it's been said more than once by more than one person about the cache, then that might be what it is then