LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.0-beta-1 Released

On 11/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, RULLUR said:

Looks like the dotted lines are back. Just wasn't sure if you was working on it by next Beta or not @Jason Carr, but wanted to show you it's still a thing just in case you wanted to know or not

image.png

Yeah, I haven't looked into it yet. I don't plan to fix it before the 9.0 release, unfortunately.

Alright, so I had planned to release today, but was a bit frustrated because Big Box was so bare with the new auto-generated playlists. I made some changes/additions that really help to make it a more cohesive experience:

- Improvement: Big Box will now use the parent platform's video if no video exists for the selected playlist or category

- Improvement: Big Box will now use the parent platform's background images if no background image exists for the selected playlist or category

- Improvement: When switching between platforms, categories, and playlists in Big Box, if the same video is used, it will no longer restart

- Improvement: Many new default clear logos for genres, play modes, All Games, and Favorites have been added thanks to the community

This primarily just helps to make things work better while the new categories and playlists are selected. Also, we are working on getting more default clear logos over here:

Finally, I'm going to be releasing an updated version of the Unified Redux theme very shortly that makes it work much better with the auto-generated playlists as well:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any testing you guys can do on this new beta would be appreciated, especially in Big Box with the new playlists. Assuming all goes well, we'll probably release tomorrow.

• Like 1

Oh, also if you're missing playlist clear logos, you may want to go do a playlist clear logo image cache refresh in Big Box, as there are more default images provided now.

Sounds all very awesome..and I just installed the newest Beta too. My Fiancee and I have been using Big Box more than ever as of yet and I can't wait to see the newest improvements with it. I may when I have time to try and make some Clear Logos and everything else too. We may try some of the newest Beta later on tonight though and see what may need improvements.

• Like 1

@Jason Carr I'm not sure if this is a new bug, but I can't get "Use Custom Command-Line Parameters" to save in the "Edit Game"/Emulation menu. It will apply the command line parameter the first time I launch the game, but not after. If I go back to edit it, the custom commands are gone.Untitled-1.thumb.png.920446e9887ff9b12d70fa7a471743a4.png

Edited by Omen

Not sure that it's a bug, but with the final version 9.0 when I created child playlists for my console and handheld systems, using the playlist view in bigbox becomes a bit of a mess. I Assume if I tick the boxes for "In X Subcatagory" for Genres and playmodes that it could tidy it up a bit, however there's still an "All Games" entry for every system that has that child playlist.

Basically each system has all of their playlists in the wheel and it's not clear until you stop the wheel what system that catagory is for.

I may be missing something easy here, or is this unintended?

Did MAME get updated to 0.203 for v9 or how does that work now with the new Full-Set Importer?

Edited by natemac00

The Mame DB gets updated shortly after Mame releases, usually within a day.

Edit:
It gets updated with the metadata that gets updated daily.

4 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

The Mame DB gets updated shortly after Mame releases, usually within a day.

Thank you @Lordmonkus for this information.

I was also wondering how many days I should wait after a MAME release before re-importing. I am one of those people that has a calendar event on the last Wednesday of every month telling me that MAME is to be release. 😁
It would be really nice if the Mame.xml contained within the Metadata.zip had an xml element indicating the version number (just like the version number found in the "mame64.exe -listxml" output).
This way, if for some reason, the process of generating the LB Metadata is delayed, one could always tell by checking the Metadata files before re-importing MAME into LB.

Just a thought for @Jason Carr to consider if quick and easy to implement😉.

8 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Also MAME is updated to 203 now not 202

That’s actually what I meant, thanks for clarifying.

So do you just run the full importer again, how does that update work?

Edited by natemac00

17 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Just tested it myself with RA and a different core for a game, restarted LB and worked fine.

I think it's a glitch with the PCSX2 Configurator plugin, as I don't have issues with any other platform, and the issue stops if I use the PCSX2 Configurator to set up a custom config.

4 minutes ago, Omen said:

I think it's a glitch with the PCSX2 Configurator plugin, as I don't have issues with any other platform, and the issue stops if I use the PCSX2 Configurator to set up a custom config.

That sounds very possible, as i expect the plugin is sending its own CL possibly? Maybe @alec100_94 could comment, or maybe take that into consideration for a future update?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

That sounds very possible, as i expect the plugin is sending its own CL possibly? Maybe @alec100_94 could comment, or maybe take that into consideration for a future update?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If I launch the game right after adding my own command line augments it will work, but only once. This makes me think the plugin is changing the command line option shortly after each edit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Omen said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If I launch the game right after adding my own command line augments it will work, but only once. This makes me think the plugin is changing the command line option shortly after each edit.

Yeah, i wonder if something in the plugin refreshes once launched that resets that, just a guess though. Hopefully Alec can chime in at some point for clarification.

• Like 1