Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul Problems with Metal Slug 6


wild-child83
 Share

Recommended Posts

Metal Slug 6 is given me problems. When I select FULL SCREEN  and V-SYNC on in the video options it won't boot... I get a black screen.
When I deselect V-sync it runs but the games aren't very smooth and you also can see sometimes screentearing (so really want to play with V-sync on!) 
Also the Game runs when I select V-sync ON and turn OFF Full screen... 

And when I change the GPU plug-in to GPUXDX11 old (instead of the new one) the game boots up fine with V-Sync AND full screen on!! But than I got the problem that some Naomi games won't run...

Is there a way to let Metal Slug 6 Run on other settings than the other games or some other solution?

I Use Windows 10 64 bits with i5 7th Generation and Nvidia 1060 GTX 

Thanks for the help! 

UPDATE:
I have made a workaround to copy the Demul folder and change there the settings and link the game in Launchbox to that Demul Exe file. 


Greetz,

A. Potters 

Edited by wild-child83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I advise you to use Retroarch with the Reicast core. In general games works better and you have all the cool features of retroarch like per game configuration, speedhack, savestates, shaders etc ...

With Demul savestates sometimes don't load and speedhack only works if you disable vsync.

I used demul for a long time but now the reicast core is much better for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are correct. Demul has by far the best compatibility. Reicast is hit and miss and only plays some Naomi 1 games. It doesn't play Naomi 2 games. However with Demul you can't have per game control configurations unless you use Rocketlauncher and configure them all one by one which is quite a pain.  I haven't tried Reicast with Atomiswave games. Hopefully Reicast will get to the level of Demul. I hate Demul.

I have 2 Demul installs as well. There are a few games that only seem to work in an older version of Demul.

 

Edited by Styphelus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Styphelus said:

You are correct. Demul has by far the best compatibility. Reicast is hit and miss and only plays some Naomi 1 games. It doesn't play Naomi 2 games. However with Demul you can't have per game control configurations unless you use Rocketlauncher and configure them all one by one which is quite a pain.  I haven't tried Reicast with Atomiswave games. Hopefully Reicast will get to the level of Demul. I hate Demul.

I have 2 Demul installs as well. There are a few games that only seem to work in an older version of Demul.

 

I would like the standalone Redreram to get to adding the arcade stuff, thats a great DC emulator currently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I would like the standalone Redreram to get to adding the arcade stuff, thats a great DC emulator currently.

Yeah, it's on Inolen's to do list. He first wants to get Dreamcast compatibility for all games before he tackles that though. He has recently implemented fog in the development builds though, so expect that in the next stable version. Hopefully WindowsCE support comes next. I also agree, Redream is a great emulator and it is easy as hell to set up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Charco said:

Yeah, it's on Inolen's to do list. He first wants to get Dreamcast compatibility for all games before he tackles that though. He has recently implemented fog in the development builds though, so expect that in the next stable version. Hopefully WindowsCE support comes next. I also agree, Redream is a great emulator and it is easy as hell to set up.

Yeah hopefully he gets to it, WinCE games first though please.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...