LaunchBox Community Forums

Storage question

zema

I went basic with an external drive and a program called FastCopy. Every time I make a big change I run the sync.

this made Launchbox a portable solution to if I done want to bring the entire computer.

That being said I also own a Synology  home NAS and love it to backup my file & archive. It can also use drives at different types and sizes, which is a life saver from the normal RAID.

if you really want to be safe, Crashplan is something I also run on top of the NAS.

Edited by natemac00

So i guess i could explain what i want to do with this. The idea was to put launchbox, roms, and emulators on one drive. In this instance i bought two 4 Terabyte drives. One was going to used as a primary and the other would be used for backup. The idea was to setup a box i can move from PC to PC easily enough when it comes time operating system upgrades. I also have the other 2 bays for expansion later. I am already pushing 600 gigs on my computer now. I expect to use close to 2tb by the time i am done.

20 minutes ago, zema said:

So i guess i could explain what i want to do with this. The idea was to put launchbox, roms, and emulators on one drive. In this instance i bought two 4 Terabyte drives. One was going to used as a primary and the other would be used for backup. The idea was to setup a box i can move from PC to PC easily enough when it comes time operating system upgrades. I also have the other 2 bays for expansion later. I am already pushing 600 gigs on my computer now. I expect to use close to 2tb by the time i am done.

83A27CFE-7A06-4C57-A7A0-34BA2F0520F8.thumb.png.a11be60d36c2e823bf13c1c70a84d2b0.pngthat’s exactly what I use FastCopy for.

i have my 2tb internal secondary drive that I use daily. But I backup and travel with the external 2tb drive.

FastCopy is great since it can do a sync backup which will make a one to one copy of another drive add and deleting files.