LaunchBox Community Forums
RetroHumanoid

Unified Refried 2.0

Can you please tell me how to update the game details page, I don't want the "controllers'" shown there, it doesn't show games with 8 players correctly.  I would just manually type it in or remove that attribute and add another attribute.  I also want to remove rating and add a different attribute there.  Any help, regarding what file to alter and with what program would be appreciated.  Thanks.

If a Platform Category or Platform doesn't have a video, is there a way to show a picture in the window instead?  Thanks!

R

If a Platform Category or Platform doesn't have a video, is there a way to show a picture in the window instead?  Thanks!

Yes. Just drop the image into the video folder. Make sure it's named appropriately. I'm not very talented at making videos so I've done that in the past.

Actually now that I think about it, @Jason Carr would it be possible for Big Box to play an mp3 and display an image when browsing through platforms in a future update? Like when you stop on the NES platform, a png will load in place of an mp4 but an mp3 will play music at the same time as displaying the still image until you move off of that platform. I feel like I've asked you that question before but I dont remember the answer lol. I know you can do background music but I wouldnt want that playing full time and clashing with the other platform video audio.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Ghostlines said:

Yes. Just drop the image into the video folder. Make sure it's named appropriately. I'm not very talented at making videos so I've done that in the past.

Actually now that I think about it, @Jason Carr would it be possible for Big Box to play an mp3 and display an image when browsing through platforms in a future update? Like when you stop on the NES platform, a png will load in place of an mp4 but an mp3 will play music at the same time as displaying the still image until you move off of that platform. I feel like I've asked you that question before but I dont remember the answer lol. I know you can do background music but I wouldnt want that playing full time and clashing with the other platform video audio.

I know games have music that you can play whenever a game is selected, but I don't think platforms do. We'd have to add a new field to platforms for music and then hook it all up.

Quick question, the queso addon does not have the collections and other playlists from what I can see, is there any way to incorporate all the playlists and collections back into the theme? Thanks.

1 minute ago, johnugamer said:

Quick question, the queso addon does not have the collections and other playlists from what I can see, is there any way to incorporate all the playlists and collections back into the theme? Thanks.

They are available from the same download link.

image.thumb.png.879613e2b88dc33752de9c8065bbd82b.png

• Thanks 1

The "Flip Box" in the details view does not work with this theme. Does anyone know how to fix the issue? It would be nice to be able to flip to the back side of the box. 

The themes included in the collection addon don't seem to carry over to the game details screen unlike the rest of themes in Refried. For example, the Super Mario collection works but once selecting a game and being brought to the game details screen, it turns into the platform specific theme. Is there a way to change this so it stays consistent? Thanks.

I love this theme. Got it running on my PC and my arcade.

One request though, please one day when you have the time and inclination create a true 4:3 experience based on this theme. My arcade has sizable black bars so whilst the theme supports any aspect ratio, it doesn't fill the screen.

Would be so nice to finally see a bigbox theme that supports 4:3 and doesn't stretch everything or give black bars.

Amazing theme though, my collection finally looks all uniform, complete and very professional, thanks :)