LaunchBox Community Forums

Lunchbox and Retroarch issues

reanaddy

Havinh major problems with command lines. Trying to run snk neo geo aes roms from launchbox to retroarch, i enter the command line "-L "cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll"" into the emulation associated platforms, press enter, close the window and instantly open the window again and the command line is gone, anyone have any ideas?

6 minutes ago, reanaddy said:

Havinh major problems with command lines. Trying to run snk neo geo aes roms from launchbox to retroarch, i enter the command line "-L "cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll"" into the emulation associated platforms, press enter, close the window and instantly open the window again and the command line is gone, anyone have any ideas?

What version of Launchbox are you using? That box has for a while been a dropdown, if you double click it it should list all the cores, just pick the one you want.

using latest version of launchbox, and the problem is the command i put in just disappears as soon as i ok the emulator settings, i have tried everything i can think of, starting lauchbox as admin, different versions of retroarch (not that i get chance to open the rom as launchbox loses command line) etc.

4 minutes ago, reanaddy said:

using latest version of launchbox, and the problem is the command i put in just disappears as soon as i ok the emulator settings, i have tried everything i can think of, starting lauchbox as admin, different versions of retroarch (not that i get chance to open the rom as launchbox loses command line) etc.

As i said in my previous post, you dont type anything you use the dropdown. Its as easy as this, double click the core column then pick the core from the dropdown.

1770813768_Screenshot(188).thumb.png.d915239cc5f0532cc61f823331795913.png

1 minute ago, reanaddy said:

yep, everything else works within launchbox, everything else works within launchbox, just trying retroarch for neogeo aes roms.

Yeah but you imported the games into Launchbox and called the platform neogeo aes, and it has EXACTLY the same name in the associated platform tab for retro arch, and you picked what as the emu fba or mame? Also do you have the bios for neo geo?

Just now, reanaddy said:

got all bioses, all neogeo aes are under retroarch, no mame setup on the computer. all roms are named correctly as they all have auto imported media no problem

Do the games work in Retroarch by itself? Thats always the first port of call, get them working in the emulator first, then if they do but dont run from Launchbox it narrows the troubleshooting down somewhat. At this point it could be that the roms are not correct, so see if they work in retroarch first and we can take it from there.

Just now, reanaddy said:

first thing i checked bud, got me well and truly stumped, have used retro arch in the past but wanted ps2 so went to launchbox, otherwise i would have stuck with retroarch

Ok, so if they work in Retroarch but not through Launchbox then you have something setup wrong in Launchbox. Do you have Launchbox setup to extract games when using retroarch?

Can i see some images please? These ones specifically.

Platform list.

image.thumb.png.63ea0b7fec914500c055db18b40bb5b0.png

Retroarch emulator screen.

image.thumb.png.0dd2ed192a9a090e347dc82a1f77c317.pngAnd the associated platform tab with the platform highlited.

image.thumb.png.381b75ca11222538bf77f0c89587f76e.png

1 minute ago, reanaddy said:

tried all the different options, all with the same result

Were they previously setup to use a different emulator at any point? At the moment im a bit lost, if your 3 screens you posted are the same as mine that i posted it should work. For retroarch you dont need any of those checkboxes checked, so as long as the platform names are the same in both places and you are using the correct core they should load just fine.