LaunchBox Community Forums

MFME in LaunchBox

Haggie55

>>>>> UPDATED FILES ON PAGE 10 <<<<<

Hey All

This is the slot machine emulator MFME in LaunchBox

I think it looks ok...  :)686744690_ScreenShot11-12-18at05.22AM001.thumb.PNG.1b709453ab1deb9203fd3749fa537db1.PNG

A brief guide to setting up MFME & putting it in LaunchBox

MFME stands for Multi Fruit Machine Emulator - it's like VisualPinball in that the roms are emulated and the appearance of the slots is simulated

You can download the current version (6.1) here - you'll need to join and post to access the downloads:

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/

The site also has a large selection of slots - and the following sites are the other main locations for slots:

http://www.fruit-emu.com/

http://dadsfme.co.uk/index.php

Install MFME wherever you like, and you’ll end up with something like this:

909343524_ScreenShot11-12-18at02_30PM.thumb.PNG.12ff03af5f4b86f77b0d24df5079f412.PNGThe folder “Fruits” you need to make yourself – call it what you like – and this is where the slots go

Each slot needs its own folder and the .zip needs to be unzipped in the folder – so you’ll have something like this:

171557634_ScreenShot11-12-18at02_31PM.thumb.PNG.af9c091d1fa4514b2fed741158c1a31a.PNG

498265783_ScreenShot11-12-18at02_32PM.thumb.PNG.7282260faea8754bfab4b7c4ba68608f.PNG

To put MFME into LaunchBox add the emulator like any other, so just point LaunchBox at the MFME.exe

You will then need to add each slot individually, so select “Import… Rom File” and add the xxx.gam file – no need to try and download any metadata, MFME is a complete mystery to LaunchBox :)

To add the images launch a slot then screengrab it – don’t use MFMEs own screengrabber as it gives poor results – use Gadwin or similar

Then set the image as Box-Front & Screenshot-Gameplay or however you have your LaunchBox setup

That’s it :)

Edited by Haggie55
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

How does the emulation compare to the MAME slot machine emulation?

Regarding the screenshots - you mention to launch each game and then screen grab it - this would be very time consuming given that there appear to be 1044 slot machines in your collection! Have you made shots for them all? Would you be willing to share? :) 

Edited by Dan

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, Dan said:

How does the emulation compare to the MAME slot machine emulation?

Regarding the screenshots - you mention to launch each game and then screen grab it - this would be very time consuming given that there appear to be 1044 slot machines in your collection! Have you made shots for them all? Would you be willing to share? :) 

I've no idea which emulator is the more accurate.

But MAME only emulates the roms, it doesn't re-create the image of the slot. MFME emulates the roms, but is also an editor that allows the creators to re-produce the appearance of the slot - normally from a scanned flyer.

It is time consuming screen grabbing all the slots, but LaunchBox brings out the obsessive in me :)

I can make a package of images if anyone wants them, but you'll still have to manually match each image to the slot as I have re-named most of the slots. Also the image won't exactly match the original slot as I alter the LED and/or dot matrix displays to my preferred look.

So let me know if you want an image package and I'll sort it out :) 

• Thanks 2

That makes sense. The MAME emulation of slots isn’t that great without a re-production of the appearance of the machine as a whole. A different story from what seems to be happening with MFME! 

Yes, I would appreciate such an image package, thanks! Manually matching the images is still some work but nothing compared to getting all the screen grabs! 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

That makes sense. The MAME emulation of slots isn’t that great without a re-production of the appearance of the machine as a whole. A different story from what seems to be happening with MFME! 

Yes, I would appreciate such an image package, thanks! Manually matching the images is still some work but nothing compared to getting all the screen grabs! 

Here they are :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M9F25SiXjI_ONcNGZm2SEpA7IxA5zBD8/view

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Dan said:

Is it the Win7 or WinXP of MFME 6.1 you need, if you are running Win10? Also, is there a way to download all the slots as a package? Or maybe you could share your fruits folder ??

You need the Win7 version - I'm running Win10 and there are no compatibility issues. There's no slots package... so stay tuned & I'll put a link to mine in this thread within a week (probably) (:

• Thanks 2

On 11/12/2018 at 5:32 AM, Haggie55 said:

You will then need to add each slot individually

Is there no way to mass import the fruit machines into Launchbox? Doing it individually will take ages!

EDIT: yes there is a way - you just search the folder for all the .gam files, then drag them into Launchbox to import - though tell Launchbox to use the folder rather than filenames are the folder names are the proper names and match up with the artwork!

Edited by Dan