LaunchBox Community Forums

MFME in LaunchBox

Haggie55

15 hours ago, Dan said:

@Haggie55 - have you all the games correctly named in Launchbox to match the images? If so, would you mind sharing your XML? After importing the fruits I am renaming them and adding the manufacturer (which on import is put after the fruit name) but it's taking forever!

Yup, title & image match - where & what's the name of the XML I need to upload?

9 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Thanks so much @Haggie55! With those files I have managed to get it all working. Great collection! Is there any way to have the machines load up in fullscreen (max) mode, do you know?

Start any slot then from the File menu select Preferences and in the Screen Mode drop down select Full Screen Max. Exit MFME & then all slots should always start in fullscreen mode ?

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Haggie55 just wanted to say a massive thank you for posting your images and xml for this. I built a cabinet to play MFME a couple of years ago (as far as I know I was the first to build one that accepted money and paid money out automatically) and had it running mGalaxy as a front end. I'd not even thought of running Launchbox (even though, right next to my MFME cabinet I have a MAME cabinet running launchbox!).

This is superb and a real head start for adding the machines to my fruit machine cabinet. There's obviously a LOT of work been put in to making all the images and it's great that you've shared them with the community. 

Great work and a thank you! ?

7 hours ago, Johnny T said:

@Haggie55 just wanted to say a massive thank you for posting your images and xml for this. I built a cabinet to play MFME a couple of years ago (as far as I know I was the first to build one that accepted money and paid money out automatically) and had it running mGalaxy as a front end. I'd not even thought of running Launchbox (even though, right next to my MFME cabinet I have a MAME cabinet running launchbox!).

This is superb and a real head start for adding the machines to my fruit machine cabinet. There's obviously a LOT of work been put in to making all the images and it's great that you've shared them with the community. 

Great work and a thank you! ?

TYVM. Congrats on making a MFME cabinet - browsing the slots' forums and YouTube, it seems not many people have made a cabinet & the fact yours pays out money... all I can say is "WOW!" ?

As a general note, this thread will be a year old in November, so come November I'll bump it with a package of all the new slots & improved versions of previously emulated slots that have been released in the last year.

For all of you who have tried MFME emulation for the first time, hopefully you'll find this useful - it can be very confusing to keep up with all the releases across all the different forums.

Also, there is a new version of the MFME emulator out - in the tradition of confusing version numbers it's 19.x (the previous version was 6.1 ???). The link is in the original post - but, for the first time, the emulator can now check for new versions of itself & download them - so you'll only need to download it once. ?

Edited by Haggie55

That will be superb to get an updated version of all the slots. I'll look forward to that!

I didn't realise that there was a new 19.x version out. I'll have a look for it when I finish work. I had thought that 6.1 was the latest.

It's great if the software updates itself now. I'm really pleased that 'Wizard' is still developing this great software package and the community is still active.

Thanks for bringing this to Launchbox. ?

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

Thanks for sharing :)

Has anyone got MFME V6.1 emulator to share ?

I have subscribed, but have been waiting to be approved for a few days now and they will not allow download.

Got all machines but no emulator :(

You want MFME v19 mate. That is the latest version. It's got an 'online updater' too. So you can tell it to check for updates and it will download the latest one (which currently stands at v19.5)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:32 PM, Haggie55 said:

Hey All

This is the slot machine emulator MFME in LaunchBox

I think it looks ok...  :)686744690_ScreenShot11-12-18at05.22AM001.thumb.PNG.1b709453ab1deb9203fd3749fa537db1.PNG

A brief guide to setting up MFME & putting it in LaunchBox

MFME stands for Multi Fruit Machine Emulator - it's like VisualPinball in that the roms are emulated and the appearance of the slots is simulated

You can download the current version (6.1) here - you'll need to join and post to access the downloads:

http://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/

The site also has a large selection of slots - and the following sites are the other main locations for slots:

http://www.fruit-emu.com/

http://dadsfme.co.uk/index.php

Install MFME wherever you like, and you’ll end up with something like this:

909343524_ScreenShot11-12-18at02_30PM.thumb.PNG.12ff03af5f4b86f77b0d24df5079f412.PNGThe folder “Fruits” you need to make yourself – call it what you like – and this is where the slots go

Each slot needs its own folder and the .zip needs to be unzipped in the folder – so you’ll have something like this:

171557634_ScreenShot11-12-18at02_31PM.thumb.PNG.af9c091d1fa4514b2fed741158c1a31a.PNG

498265783_ScreenShot11-12-18at02_32PM.thumb.PNG.7282260faea8754bfab4b7c4ba68608f.PNG

To put MFME into LaunchBox add the emulator like any other, so just point LaunchBox at the MFME.exe

You will then need to add each slot individually, so select “Import… Rom File” and add the xxx.gam file – no need to try and download any metadata, MFME is a complete mystery to LaunchBox :)

To add the images launch a slot then screengrab it – don’t use MFMEs own screengrabber as it gives poor results – use Gadwin or similar

Then set the image as Box-Front & Screenshot-Gameplay or however you have your LaunchBox setup

That’s it :)

Awesome stuff

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, PiperCalls said:

Old topic but very interesting. Just curious how exit is working for you? There's an 'exit on esc' option in MFME but it doesn't exit it just switches from fullscreen to windowed mode.

The Exit on Escape option works for me but I need to run AutoHotKey to press Esc twice to fully exit MFME.

Hope that helps ?

On 1/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, Haggie55 said:

Here is my collection of slot machines. The folder contains a few duplicated slots where I've updated to a better layout but not deleted the old one, and a few of the slots do not have the .gam file needed to run them, this is because if I didn't like the layout I deleted it within LaunchBox but didn't delete the slot's folder. 

As mentioned in an earlier post, I've altered the LED/dot matrix displays to my preferred look - if you want to alter the appearance of any element of the slot machines just select Edit Mode from the Design menu then right click on any part of the image and you can play around with the appearance.

To keep yourself update with new releases visit the sites in the first post, and say thanks to the creators & if you feel like it make a donation to show your support ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KuBJbonBKTKE0DwmkXcBFQGWuHNWwI6K/view?usp=sharing

Thanx for all your help.

Could you please re-upload the file?