LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 9.4 auto-populated nested playlists problem

Djungelurban

Got a problem with custom fields again. When using the nested filters and one of the criteria for auto-populating a playlist involves a custom field, Launchbox struggles to update the playlist alot. As a comparison, when going to "All" section it takes little over a second for the playlist to populate. But when going to a playlist with more 9000 games and one custom field as one of two criterias it took over 1½ minute for the playlist to populate. So yeah, that doesn't work.

Edited by Djungelurban
Updated version in topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unsurprisingly this issue remains. I'm starting to feel actively ignored here... Anyway, after some further experimenting is seems to be related to the "auto-populate" function rather than the custom fields. I just assumed it was custom fields since that was heavily used in my nested tree and they've caused problems before. But as I've added new auto-populated playlists that doesn't use any custom fields and it's also very very slow it seems clear that it's more a problem with the auto-populate function itself rather than any specific field.

Edited by Djungelurban

Thank you Neil, I never saw this thread. Unfortunately there's no way I could read and respond to every single thread on these forums. Auto-populate playlists are naturally going to be more CPU intensive than otherwise, but I've worked hard in the past few versions to help their performance. A lot will depend on hardware though, of course. @Djungelurban Please let me know your hardware specs. You can also PM me a copy of your LaunchBox\Data folder and let me know what's slow and I'll see if there's anything out of the ordinary that's slowing it down that can be addresssed.

• Like 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you Neil, I never saw this thread. Unfortunately there's no way I could read and respond to every single thread on these forums. Auto-populate playlists are naturally going to be more CPU intensive than otherwise, but I've worked hard in the past few versions to help their performance. A lot will depend on hardware though, of course. @Djungelurban Please let me know your hardware specs. You can also PM me a copy of your LaunchBox\Data folder and let me know what's slow and I'll see if there's anything out of the ordinary that's slowing it down that can be addresssed.

Yup.