Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Orionsangel

Orionsangel's Realistic Arcade Overlays for MAME & Retroarch (Updated 10/15/2020)

Recommended Posts

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, ESP Ra De for use on Retroarch. 

The original artwork bezel was made & assembled by: ArsInvictus

This overlay is coming soon in my Arcade Retroarch Pack #2. 

 

esp.png

espalt.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using Retroarch with Launchbox.  MAME only.  It loads the roms fine, but the game is full screen and doesn't fit inside the bezel.  Not sure what I need to set to make it work.  Please help.

Also, I'm using MAME2016 core.

-sacolton

Edited by sacolton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, sacolton said:

I'm using Retroarch with Launchbox.  MAME only.  It loads the roms fine, but the game is full screen and doesn't fit inside the bezel.  Not sure what I need to set to make it work.  Please help.

Also, I'm using MAME2016 core.

-sacolton

These are for mame, not retroarch. You may be able to use them but they are setup differently in Retroarch, you dont use the normal overlay method.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

These are for mame, not retroarch. You may be able to use them but they are setup differently in Retroarch, you dont use the normal overlay method.

Thanks.  Starting fresh using just Launchbox and the latest MAME.   Hope to get this working.

-sacolton

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Here is a realistic Arcade overlay with a tilted screen for the game Mouse Trap for Retroarch.

https://youtu.be/PrjOaZcBppo
 

On 2/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, sacolton said:

I'm using Retroarch with Launchbox.  MAME only.  It loads the roms fine, but the game is full screen and doesn't fit inside the bezel.  Not sure what I need to set to make it work.  Please help.

Also, I'm using MAME2016 core.

-sacolton

I started with MAME but switched to Retroarch. 

This is the Retroarch Bezel Pack #1 which work with Retroarch and the MAME core - https://bit.ly/2SqJg7N

These are the Bezels for MAME - https://bit.ly/2C9JTJa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay with a tilted screen for the game Mouse Trap for Retroarch.

 

mtrap.png

Edited by Orionsangel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Elevator Action Returns for use on Retroarch. 

This arcade overlay is coming soon in Pack #2.

 

vlcsnap-2020-03-06-23h33m49s513.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-06-23h35m08s813.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Area51 for use on Retroarch. 

This arcade overlay is coming soon in Pack #2.

 

vlcsnap-2020-03-06-23h35m24s332.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-06-23h35m44s050.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-06-23h36m10s296.png

Edited by Orionsangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a realistic #Arcade overlay with a tilted screen for the game Vapor TRX 

Vapor TRX.png

Edited by Orionsangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying these for the first time, beautiful work Orionsangel!

When I add them to Retroarch, the screen window is too small for 4:3 aspect ratio. Is there any way to automate the window size of mame so that the bezels fit? Doing all of that manually is quite the task...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

I'm trying these for the first time, beautiful work Orionsangel!

When I add them to Retroarch, the screen window is too small for 4:3 aspect ratio. Is there any way to automate the window size of mame so that the bezels fit? Doing all of that manually is quite the task...

Thank you. If the aspect isn't right you'll have to adjust them yourself. By going to video and then scaling and make sure aspect ratio is set to custom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Orionsangel said:

Thank you. If the aspect isn't right you'll have to adjust them yourself. By going to video and then scaling and make sure aspect ratio is set to custom. 

EDIT:

you were absolutely right. Setting the aspect ratio to "custom" works perfectly.

I have one more question about your first pack for Retroarch. Some of your configs (e.g. aof.cfg) point to: input_overlay = ":\overlays\neogeo\neogeo.cfg"

However, in your zip file, there is no "neogeo" folder and also no "neogeo.cfg" file. I'm I missing something?

Edited by SiriusVI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

EDIT:

you were absolutely right. Setting the aspect ratio to "custom" works perfectly.

I have one more question about your first pack for Retroarch. Some of your configs (e.g. aof.cfg) point to: input_overlay = ":\overlays\neogeo\neogeo.cfg"

However, in your zip file, there is no "neogeo" folder and also no "neogeo.cfg" file. I'm I missing something?

I'm glad I could help.

That's because the NeoGeo bezels for Retroarch haven't yet been released. You'll see cfgs in there that are ones I'm using right now until I release them. They're projects I'm working on. They're for future releases. I shouldn't have kept them there but out of convenience I just dumped all the cfgs into the pack.

 

Edited by Orionsangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Zaxxon for use on Retroarch. This will be coming soon for download in my Realistic Arcade Tilted Screen Bezel Pack for Retroarch.

The zoomed in version is available for download right now & now part of Pack #1 https://bit.ly/2QbWoMt

 

zaxxon.png

zaxxonlarge.png

Edited by Orionsangel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the great work!  Fantastic!  Any ETA on Pack #2?  Also, did Dragon's Lair & Space Ace have an overlay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Hopefully in April. Those games are great and I'd love to make realistic bezels for them but they don't run on MAME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Orionsangel said:

Thank you. Hopefully in April. Those games are great and I'd love to make realistic bezels for them but they don't run on MAME. 

Yes, this is such a pitty. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Terminator 2: Judgement Day for use on Retroarch. 

This arcade overlay is coming soon in Pack #2.

 

term.png

termalt.png

Edited by Orionsangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay for the game, Alien Vs. Predator for use on Retroarch. 

This arcade overlay is coming soon in Pack #2.

 

avsp.png

avspalt.png

avsplain.png

Edited by Orionsangel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...