LaunchBox Community Forums

Orionsangel's Realistic Arcade Overlays for MAME & Retroarch (Updated 03/25/2024)

Orionsangel

I'm using Retroarch with Launchbox.  MAME only.  It loads the roms fine, but the game is full screen and doesn't fit inside the bezel.  Not sure what I need to set to make it work.  Please help.

Also, I'm using MAME2016 core.

-sacolton

Edited by sacolton
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sacolton said:

I'm using Retroarch with Launchbox.  MAME only.  It loads the roms fine, but the game is full screen and doesn't fit inside the bezel.  Not sure what I need to set to make it work.  Please help.

-sacolton

These are for mame, not retroarch. You may be able to use them but they are setup differently in Retroarch, you dont use the normal overlay method.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

These are for mame, not retroarch. You may be able to use them but they are setup differently in Retroarch, you dont use the normal overlay method.

Thanks.  Starting fresh using just Launchbox and the latest MAME.   Hope to get this working.

-sacolton

• Like 1

Here is a realistic Arcade overlay with a tilted screen for the game Mouse Trap for Retroarch.

https://youtu.be/PrjOaZcBppo

On 2/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, sacolton said:

-sacolton

I started with MAME but switched to Retroarch. 

This is the Retroarch Bezel Pack #1 which work with Retroarch and the MAME core - https://bit.ly/2SqJg7N

These are the Bezels for MAME - https://bit.ly/2C9JTJa

2 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

I'm trying these for the first time, beautiful work Orionsangel!

When I add them to Retroarch, the screen window is too small for 4:3 aspect ratio. Is there any way to automate the window size of mame so that the bezels fit? Doing all of that manually is quite the task...

Thank you. If the aspect isn't right you'll have to adjust them yourself. By going to video and then scaling and make sure aspect ratio is set to custom. 

19 hours ago, Orionsangel said:

Thank you. If the aspect isn't right you'll have to adjust them yourself. By going to video and then scaling and make sure aspect ratio is set to custom. 

EDIT:

you were absolutely right. Setting the aspect ratio to "custom" works perfectly.

I have one more question about your first pack for Retroarch. Some of your configs (e.g. aof.cfg) point to: input_overlay = ":\overlays\neogeo\neogeo.cfg"

However, in your zip file, there is no "neogeo" folder and also no "neogeo.cfg" file. I'm I missing something?

Edited by SiriusVI

11 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

EDIT:

you were absolutely right. Setting the aspect ratio to "custom" works perfectly.

I have one more question about your first pack for Retroarch. Some of your configs (e.g. aof.cfg) point to: input_overlay = ":\overlays\neogeo\neogeo.cfg"

However, in your zip file, there is no "neogeo" folder and also no "neogeo.cfg" file. I'm I missing something?

I'm glad I could help.

That's because the NeoGeo bezels for Retroarch haven't yet been released. You'll see cfgs in there that are ones I'm using right now until I release them. They're projects I'm working on. They're for future releases. I shouldn't have kept them there but out of convenience I just dumped all the cfgs into the pack.

Edited by Orionsangel