LaunchBox Community Forums

Orionsangel's Realistic Arcade Overlays for MAME & Retroarch (Updated 03/25/2024)

Orionsangel

not sure if this is a stupid question, but here it goes.. 
the Bezels here are awesome first off, Love them.. I was wondering is there somewhere where we get these bezels but without the arcade borders?
just the original artwork of the bezel itself? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yero said:

the Bezels here are awesome first off, Love them.. I was wondering is there somewhere where we get these bezels but without the arcade borders?

No, but that is an interesting idea. I may do it at some point. It wouldn't be hard to do. I understand that some people just want the realistic arcade bezel and nothing more. I'll test it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, Orionsangel said:

No, but that is an interesting idea. I may do it at some point. It wouldn't be hard to do. I understand that some people just want the realistic arcade bezel and nothing more. I'll test it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the idea.

Awesome, Amazing work OrionsAngel!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, yero said:

Not a stupid question at all.  The majority of these bezels, without the borders, have been released over the last fourteen years at my site.  If you are using for MAME, then you are ready to go.  If you are looking to use them for RetroArch, then you might need to setup the CFG files for that.  Also note that more than 90% of the stuff there is higher than 4k resolution... has been since 2006.

https://mrdo.mameworld.info/index.php

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Importing to Retroarch, these don't seem to set the screen size correctly. Got the main config to set resolution (iirc) to custom. Based on an old reply, not all of them will resize correctly via the cfg, and the ones that don't I will have to set up myself?

Also I'm wondering if anybody has created a playlist of all the games that currently have OrionAngel's overlays. Would be a seriously awesome playlist to have set up to browse and know you're gonna get that authentic arcade feel, not to mention it would make manual configuration a bit easier having everything on one list. If nobody decides to make one I eventually will and will share it here. :)

Here is a realistic overlay for the Arcade game Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara for use on Retroarch

You can download the realistic arcade bezel for D&D Shadow over Mystara here - https://bit.ly/3fpobD0

UPDATE: An error in the upper right side of the bezel with shadowing has now been fixed. So you might wanna redownload the file.

It will be part of Pack #3

3c2285222315b55a13d3e7297fef94a30960039f.jpeg

739ad694d59185d79996134b7ae1cd205c2e4396.png

Edited by Orionsangel
  • Like 1