Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.1-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

I am having an issue though I have multiple displays but only 1 screen active in Big box and sometimes it loads like this. Quite often today ( i just moved i to screen 2 (which is larger) and I have rebooted multiple times.  Sometimes it comes up right, others not so much

 

794846560_LB2018-12-07_9-42-58.thumb.png.106b193be8964497cafdca279f5a6d17.png

 

Edit 1:  If I load big box directly from the big box shortcut I get this, If I load launchbox and then big box it works ok

Edit 2: If the shortcut is on my smaller screen, big box loads like above on the bigger screen. If the shortcut is on bigger screen it loads correctly.  Is there anyway to fix this?

Edited by Aevans0001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure when this happened (this beta or previous release) but BigBox lost all my associations between platforms/playlists and themes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 9:14 AM, Dan said:

Will this be in Launchbox? Would be great to be able to set platform specific views - for example setting box size settings per platform!

Setting box sizes for each platform is planned. However, this is not part of what's in the works currently (will be a separate thing), and true separate themes for each platform in LaunchBox is not planned as it kind of flies in the face of a desktop-type interface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Keith Krummel said:

Hello, I just updated to version 9.1 and my videos are not autoplaying in LaunchBox, and escape is not going back in BigBox was wondering if you changed the button to go back. I tested 2 keyboards. Have great day.

Check your Big Box keyboard mapping options. Nothing has changed with that code recently and I haven't heard this reported anywhere else, so I'm guessing it's not an issue with the new versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aevans0001 said:

I am having an issue though I have multiple displays but only 1 screen active in Big box and sometimes it loads like this. Quite often today ( i just moved i to screen 2 (which is larger) and I have rebooted multiple times.  Sometimes it comes up right, others not so much

 

794846560_LB2018-12-07_9-42-58.thumb.png.106b193be8964497cafdca279f5a6d17.png

 

Edit 1:  If I load big box directly from the big box shortcut I get this, If I load launchbox and then big box it works ok

Edit 2: If the shortcut is on my smaller screen, big box loads like above on the bigger screen. If the shortcut is on bigger screen it loads correctly.  Is there anyway to fix this?

This does seem to somehow be video card driver specific, so do try updating your video drivers. I am aware of this issue though on some machines and I'll be coming back to address it here soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alnyden said:

I'm not sure when this happened (this beta or previous release) but BigBox lost all my associations between platforms/playlists and themes.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by this? We did have an issue at one point for users who use the betas, so I'm guessing this is a relic of a bug we had with a previous beta release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t map it yet because it was working with escape to get to the mapping, but it fixed itself today but couldn’t get there yesterday and kept having to force close Bigbox yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

I didn’t map it yet because it was working with escape to get to the mapping, but it fixed itself today but couldn’t get there yesterday and kept having to force close Bigbox yesterday.

I'm guessing there was some other kind of weird input issue going on with the system, most likely some kind of input conflict. If a reboot fixes it, that's most likely the case. If it happens again, try looking at what programs you have running in Task Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you explain exactly what you mean by this? We did have an issue at one point for users who use the betas, so I'm guessing this is a relic of a bug we had with a previous beta release.

Previously, Big Box remembered which theme I had associated with each platform/playlist.  Recently, I switched the main theme to Unified - Refried.  Since then, or around that time, all other platforms & playlists have changed to Unified - Refried as well.  Big Box has forgotten the previous associations.  Hope this makes sense, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alnyden said:

Previously, Big Box remembered which theme I had associated with each platform/playlist.  Recently, I switched the main theme to Unified - Refried.  Since then, or around that time, all other platforms & playlists have changed to Unified - Refried as well.  Big Box has forgotten the previous associations.  Hope this makes sense, thanks.

This is by design. When you change the main theme in the Big Box options, it resets the platform-specific themes. I know this could be more clear, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is by design. When you change the main theme in the Big Box options, it resets the platform-specific themes. I know this could be more clear, though.

Weird, I'm pretty sure it didn't used to do this, as I've changed the main theme many times without resetting the others.  (Also, I changed it in the pop-up box, not the options screen, does that make a difference?)  Either way, it seems to me you should be able to change the main theme without re-setting the others, given how long it takes to make all those associations for multiple platforms & playlists.  Could it be an option to choose if you want to reset them all?  Thanks Jason.

Edited by alnyden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Weird, I'm pretty sure it didn't used to do this, as I've changed the main theme many times without resetting the others.  (Also, I changed it in the pop-up box, not the options screen, does that make a difference?)  Either way, it seems to me you should be able to change the main theme without re-setting the others, given how long it takes to make all those associations for multiple platforms & playlists.  Could it be an option to choose if you want to reset them all?  Thanks Jason.

This was changed quite a few versions ago. I'm not sure exactly when, but it should be in the change log. I don't think it should do this with the popup views though (but maybe it does either way any time you change the main, non-platform-specific theme).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×