LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade 3D Boxes 2.0 project W.I.P.

Mr. RetroLust

There is a lot of work to be done (what have I begun lol), many corrections needed, covers missing or wrong covers etc. I can't leave errors alone when I see it (terrible OCD) Here is an example of one special game that doesn't have any promo material online so I put something together for Galaxy Game (1971) to work with. I guess I'll be organizing this arcade 3d box project the same way as the arcade cabinets project and release it in letter packs so the wait of results isn't months/year from now. Hope you like this ode to a very special and beautiful cabinet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Game

39264931_GalaxyGame-02.thumb.png.489d7e8b6cface1929ad1936a7a87dbc.png92229506_GalaxyGame-01.thumb.png.661246902c7e8ff43c427320dd74c5e2.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Jason Carr A thing I noticed having used scraping through the full mame set importer (to get all media to create these boxes) are that a lot of games have been moved with their media to different platforms like Naomi, Model 2 etc. these games don't get scraped unless they have a copy of them still within the arcade section (which isn't always the case I think as I'm missing some media) but only the media within this arcade entry gets scraped, an example would be this Beach Spikers entry, the logo wasn't downloaded but the flyer was so I noticed something was going on, is there a way for the importer to still download these from other arcade platforms as well or a future fix in the works? 

Arcade entry: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/35103

Naomi entry: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/75590

On 12/13/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Jason Carr A thing I noticed having used scraping through the full mame set importer (to get all media to create these boxes) are that a lot of games have been moved with their media to different platforms like Naomi, Model 2 etc. these games don't get scraped unless they have a copy of them still within the arcade section (which isn't always the case I think as I'm missing some media) but only the media within this arcade entry gets scraped, an example would be this Beach Spikers entry, the logo wasn't downloaded but the flyer was so I noticed something was going on, is there a way for the importer to still download these from other arcade platforms as well or a future fix in the works? 

Arcade entry: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/35103

Naomi entry: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/75590

This is a good thing to note. I don't currently have a solution for this. I think, generally, it's mostly a non-issue for MAME games, but it becomes more of an issue when dealing with other arcade emulators. For now I guess I would recommend putting non-MAME arcade games for Sega Model 2, etc. in as separate platforms; that way you can best use the metadata from the database. I'll add this to my list to improve though.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is a good thing to note. I don't currently have a solution for this. I think, generally, it's mostly a non-issue for MAME games, but it becomes more of an issue when dealing with other arcade emulators. For now I guess I would recommend putting non-MAME arcade games for Sega Model 2, etc. in as separate platforms; that way you can best use the metadata from the database. I'll add this to my list to improve though.

Thanks man, good to hear! I was thinking of a solution (could be a stupid thought though as i'm a bit blurry atm) but an option in the download media option to scrape media from a secondary platform as in "scrape as" or something, although this could mess up ones media collection when not used properly and the fact the games are linked to a database ID. Meanwhile I'll try to upload missink logos and flyers I collected and cut out in the process.

• Like 1

Working to finish the "0ABCDE" pack, definitely not complete yet and I see I still have to correct a few grey levels and saturation within these but consider it as a preview of what the end result will look like, hope to release the pack next week or around christmas. It also includes logo's and artwork previously unavailable, alternative, rare and custom artwork. 

0ABCDE_-_Preview.zip

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Working to finish the "0ABCDE" pack, definitely not complete yet and I see I still have to correct a few grey levels and saturation within these but consider it as a preview of what the end result will look like, hope to release the pack next week or around christmas. It also includes logo's and artwork previously unavailable, alternative, rare and custom artwork. 

0ABCDE_-_Preview.zip

Just Downloaded them, really nice work @Mr. RetroLust . The Manufacturer logos add a nice touch to the already nice glass finish. I will look forward to adding them to my collection when they are finished :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys! I've been off in calculating how long something is going to take me before but I hope I have it right this time; next week or around christmas for the 0ABCDE pack, I have to gather, process and place around 80 different company logos on the set and then check if any games in this range have missing boxes & clear logos still, plus a final check up on the colors and contrast. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Pack "FGHIJK" coming this Sunday if all goes well, including a lot of classics, here's a preview of some games and it's variants, in case you like/need the Japanese, official art or fan art version :) Including customized and cropped flyers (the last halloween poster put to good use!) and artwork. 

Ghost's 'n Goblins different versions:
1033148542_Ghosts_nGoblins-01.thumb.png.20fc15723c0f6c923d6bd2eb9b4e931e.png120239125_Ghosts_nGoblins-02.thumb.png.178cce1719b87de78a9f2f8f8f20bfe7.png1909139239_Ghosts_nGoblins-03.thumb.png.b416bd89a38ed74981d5f778a905f61c.png

Ghouls 'n Ghosts different versions:

854107743_Ghouls_nGhosts-01.thumb.png.d91503d4934fddad096169d400db955c.png1898539296_Ghouls_nGhosts-02.thumb.png.4157be17bc873259cd1cd4aacd9c3ea9.png1966851303_Ghouls_nGhosts-03.thumb.png.dd2ea4dd61452fd3477b457e91161511.png

And a special example, I found this flyer to be boring in mono color so I colored it using reference material of the cabinets, couldn't find the high res cabinet artwork so I just had to do this labor of love.
1925727259_Hit_nMiss-01.thumb.png.8081cdcbd6d5f3e3d5f08570bbfe7dea.png

Back to my childhood days, loved every minute of coloring this lol, took some time but I like the result:

927623788_Hit_nMiss-01.thumb.jpg.2c5cb8b33a77c8b12d996fd4a91e12e4.jpg

End result box:

1265568447_Hit_nMiss-01.thumb.png.72a1e2ff34d384abe0884d25007290be.png

And loads more stuff, too much to show here, stay tuned for Sunday :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Lust, you are awesome. Period :)

If you are creating/modifying the flyers/ads, you could release the 2D covers as well afterwards. 

Thanks bro :) I am collecting all the new and/or modified cover artwork to upload at a later point, it's a whole lot of stuff to add manually once done though I might need some help with this, I am uploading the Missink logo's though and some of the artwork in case where there wasn't any.

• Like 1