LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade 3D Boxes 2.0 project W.I.P.

Mr. RetroLust

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If all goes well the QRS pack will be released next week, I decided to put the T in the TUVWXYZ folder so I can balance the amount of boxes and release QRS sooner, soo many games starting with "space" and "super" lol it's a crazy amount of work.

Here's a (not all color corrected yet) preview of a handful of Sega games, note the Space Harrier flyer, I've seen about all of the arcade flyers to this point and non of them are as colorful and vibrant as this flyer,  it might be arcade flyer number 1, in my humble opinion that is.

Hope you enjoy :)

Quartet-01.png

Rail Chase 2-01.png

Rail Chase 2-02.png

Rambo-01.png

SDI_ Strategic Defense Initiative-01.png

Sega Bass Fishing-01.png

Sega Race-TV-01.png

Shadow Dancer-02.png

Shinobi-01.png

Shinobi-02.png

Soul Surfer-02.png

Space Harrier-01.png

Spider-Man_ The Videogame-01.png

Star Wars Arcade-01.png

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade-01.png

Subroc-3D-01.png

Super Hang-On-01.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.5

•  Added pack "TUVWXYZ" (remember: missing boxes will be updated through update packs in the future) Enjoy! ? Next up are the update packs for missing boxes.

Tip!: I noticed in my setup that games starting with "The" (examples: The Adventures of Robby Roto, The Amazing Adventures of Mr. Flea)  where not showing up as 3D boxes after caching, if you experience the same do the following: In Launchbox, select all arcade games (CTRL+A) go to Tools and click 'Refresh selected images', let it load and the games should now display the right boxes. 

• Like 4

Hi Mr. RetroLust,

Your work is awesome, so awesome I decided I need it on my HyperSpin cab. Unfortunately, the pictures are not using mame naming convention, so I would need to rename every single file manually. Do you have plans to convert to mame naming convention in the future? I'm guessing Launchbox allows you to use these full name naming conventions (Hyperspin doesn't), do you know of a semi-automated way of doing the conversion?

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cubatilles said:

Hi Mr. RetroLust,

Your work is awesome, so awesome I decided I need it on my HyperSpin cab. Unfortunately, the pictures are not using mame naming convention, so I would need to rename every single file manually. Do you have plans to convert to mame naming convention in the future? I'm guessing Launchbox allows you to use these full name naming conventions (Hyperspin doesn't), do you know of a semi-automated way of doing the conversion?

Thanks.

lol, i dont mean any disrespect here, but you are worried about having to name all your images for your specific use case, so you want the creator to do it for you for a use case he doesnt have? After all these are using the Launchbox naming scheme, as they are uploaded to the Launchbox forums, of course Launchbox will accept the MAME naming scheme as well, but the creator/uploader is a Launchbox user and did upload them to the Launchbox forums with the Launchbox naming scheme, he cant really be expected to cater to other naming schemes used by other frontends, when these are hosted on the Launchbox forums and intended for use with this frontend.

• Thanks 1

Starting your post with "i don't mean any disrespect here" does not change the fact you are being disrespectful indeed.

You are manipulating my words. In case someone else needs clarification:

-As I already stated, congratulations to the author for this tremendous work.

-My first question, as I'm not familiar with Launchbox (and so I'm not sure how it works) pretended to know if the naming convention was the ultimate one or there would be any plans to convert to mame (no, I was not asking anyone else to do the work I don't wanna do, but ASKING if that was the plan).

-Second question, assuming the naming convention is Launchbox' official, was if there is any method inside Launchbox to do it (if Launchbox is able to correlate the rom name and its name in launchbox, I'm sure it could be doable to at least extract an xlm or text file which makes the relations). If that can be done, I could make a ps script to make the renaming.

All I was asking for is information, that's all.

@Mr. RetroLust, I don't want you to do anything you hadn't planned. Thanks for your work, sincerely.

@neil9000, you should calm down and try not to be so rude.

Thanks both for your replies and the compliments, really appreciate it. I hope you both wont go into anymore discussions and stay friendly towards eachother lol lets leave that stuff where it belongs; the rest of the internet, so tired of facebook, twitter and the likes where people misunderstand eachother and go into endless discussions, it good for nothing and only drains good energy.

I am a launchbox user indeed in fact my life is wrapped around launchbox this past year, working almost full time on media for it, this software and passion mean a lot to me for various personal reasons, its like medicine for me.

I still have a lot of work to do on these, after I finished the update packs there is a large amount of data (thousands of images/flyers/art) that I collected, fixed, cropped and made that need to be uploaded to the database as well, i'm not sure if I still have energy left to do this at the point I finished this project. I did thought about converting to mame naming but this would take me far too much time which I like to spend on the other running projects but maybe @circo likes them for emumovies as well and maybe he knows how to convert them to mame naming so they can be used for different frontends.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

Version 1.6

•  Added pack "0ABCDE - UPDATE PACK" Enjoy! ? After all update packs are done I'll release the resources and template so people with the skills can make their own or any missink ones.

NOTE! : After installing the images you have to select all (or any alphabetical range) arcade games (CTRL+A = select all) go to Tools and click 'Refresh selected images', let it load and the games should now display the right 3D boxes. 

Version 1.8

•  Added pack "LMNOP - UPDATE PACK" Enjoy! ? After all update packs are done I'll release the resources and template so people with the skills can make their own or any missink ones.

NOTE! : After installing the images you have to select all (or any alphabetical range) arcade games (CTRL+A = select all) go to Tools and click 'Refresh selected images', let it load and the games should now display the right 3D boxes.