LaunchBox Community Forums
Drakkorcia

GOG Dos games

I have been buying some GOG releases lately and from what I gather when you click the GOG exe it unpacks the original assets and a Dosbox folder to run it. I then can use the Dos game importer in Launchbox and it uses the game exe  it finds with Dosbox and all is well. However, some games close and won't run when launched through Launchbox but will run if I click on the desktop shortcut GOG created. For example, when imported into Launchbox, Tex Murphy Under A Killing Moon's launch executable "MOON.exe" will launch the game to a blank screen and close after several seconds. But if I click the shortcut on the desktop, which seems to be MOON.exe being launched from the Dosbox in the GOG folder, it runs fine. Any workarounds? Obviously, this isn't the end of the world because I can play outside of Launchbox, but it would be nice to have everything organized and contained.

Just import the shortcut for the game into LB, it'll work fine. Just use "none of the above" when you import it. Or if you've already imported it as DOS, just edit the game in your library and uncheck the use DOSBox box. You basically just want to import them just like regular PC games. Import the shortcut, don't use DOSBox (in LB, because the shortcut itself is already going to be setup to direct it to DOSBox), and it'll take care of the rest.

Zombeaver,

Could you go into a little more detail on the GOG games, where is the none of the above

Drag a shortcut into the LB UI, then choose the bottom option in the first screen of the import wizard (none of the above):

image.thumb.png.41801de044eb195f7c373cefba909e7b.pngThen just continue as normal.