LaunchBox Community Forums
Pr0FiT

Improvements to scan import

I haven't used launchbox for awhile due to frustrations with the "scan for new" import feature. I've made tickets and forum posts about it's issues in the past but neither really got any traction / attention from the dev. It doesnt handle mutli disc/track games well, doesn't find already imported games if they are an additional app, no practical way to scan "dump" games (like scumm or ps3 jb). I decided to give it another go today and sadly it looks like it's basically in the same shape. 

So my question is: are there any plans to improve/bug fix this feature or is this as good as it's getting?

No plans as far as I am aware of, it's not something that is commonly brought up.

In my personal opinion I much prefer it the way it is now. In my experience if you went another method you would either have to match your games to a database which would have to be maintained and everyones roms would have to be specifically named to match it or you would just scan every file which has its own set of problems such as importing files you do not want.

I added new Roms that I was missing in my Sega Model 2 and tried the rescan for newly Added Roms. It didn't work. Is there something I am not doing correctly?

Edit the platform and see what the Rom folder is linked to. I do not use this feature as I add games by file and not by folder. I believe the scan features is searching the folder you have set in the platform folder locations. You may need to change the path. 

by default the scan for added ROMs feature looks in the Games\platformname in the LB folder so if your ROMs are in a separate location it won't see anything new. you can go into tools edit platform and got to the folders tab and edit the location to match the location you are using and then the feature should work.

Oh ok gotcha good point. Yeah I have a Parent Rom directory and then folders for each system under that. Will check that out and see.