LaunchBox Community Forums
Mr_x92

Launchbox won't even open

Are you running the official release or a beta Mr_x92?

OtavioCJR - If you have Retroarch setup correctly and the core selected but nothing’s running then perhaps you don’t have the bios for the relevant platform in the Retroarch system folder?

There are a few videos in the tutorial section on Retroarch that can help you get started providing you can understand them

Just now, Mr_x92 said:

I think launchbox neds to be fixed cause it's not working in some pc's

Launchbox works just fine, it seems to be your PC that is the issue i'm afraid. You need to try the suggestions we are making to try and fix it. Try deleting the Launchbox folder, disable your antivirus and try to install again.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Launchbox works just fine, it seems to be your PC that is the issue i'm afraid. You need to try the suggestions we are making to try and fix it. Try deleting the Launchbox folder, disable your antivirus and try to install again.

I have tried all of that, and not working, like I said, this is the only program that won't even open on my pc, everything else works fine

5 minutes ago, InfinityFox said:

OtavioCJR - If you have Retroarch setup correctly and the core selected but nothing’s running then perhaps you don’t have the bios for the relevant platform in the Retroarch system folder?

There are a few videos in the tutorial section on Retroarch that can help you get started providing you can understand them

official release 9.0

7 minutes ago, InfinityFox said:

I do no, because when i started the game on the plataform retroarch its work perfectly, but i will search the vídeos about the bios on retroarch.

Just now, InfinityFox said:

Whe you reinstalled did it do the same as the first install

yes, i reinstalled some times and the problem to be continued

Just now, OtavioCJR said:

yes, i reinstalled some times and the problem to be continued

Is your platform in Launchbox EXACTLY the same name as in Retroarch/Associated platform tab?

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Is your platform in Launchbox EXACTLY the same name as in Retroarch/Associated platform tab?

yes, this name is created by program so i did not move this.

Try installing a new download on a drive other than C:users. There have been posts in the past of this working. Do not copy or move the install you have. Download a fresh one.

You said you were going to try it on another pc. Did you try that yet?

8 minutes ago, Mr_x92 said:

Come on guys can you help me solve this or not? I really want to use it

That is what the developer, the mod team and members are trying, however you seem to keep offering up resistance as you are too firm in believing it is Launchbox that needs to be fixed. Troubleshooting has to be done to solve. If one thing does not work you try another. If you say you think an install stopped without warning something probably corrupted. Can you help us help you solve this or not? We really want you to use it as well?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OtavioCJR said:

Portuguese, sorry about my english.

@OtavioCJR Can you start a new thread on this issue so we can keep the two issues separated?

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

Try installing a new download on a drive other than C:users. There have been posts in the past of this working. Do not copy or move the install you have. Download a fresh one.

You said you were going to try it on another pc. Did you try that yet?

That is what the developer, the mod team and members are trying, however you seem to keep offering up resistance as you are too firm in believing it is Launchbox that needs to be fixed. Troubleshooting has to be done to solve. If one thing does not work you try another. If you say you think an install stopped without warning something probably corrupted. Can you help us help you solve this or not? We really want you to use it as well?

of course, I want it to work and I thank you guys for helping me , I do not own another computer but I will try it on one asap, meanwhile I may tri older versions but I am not sure that will work

1 minute ago, InfinityFox said:

Download the program again from the download section here and make sure you get 9.1

yeah 9.1 that's the one I tried it