LaunchBox Community Forums
Mr_x92

Launchbox won't even open

1 minute ago, Mr_x92 said:

of course, I want it to work and I thank you guys for helping me , I do not own another computer but I will try it on one asap, meanwhile I may tri older versions but I am not sure that will work

This community will work with you. That is all that we ask is you do the same in return. 

Can you install on a drive other than c drive?

Ctr-Alt-Delete and check if an instance of LB is still running which maybe preventing it from loading up

Edited by InfinityFox

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

This community will work with you. That is all that we ask is you do the same in return. 

Can you install on a drive other than c drive?

I will try that

Just now, Mr_x92 said:

I will try that

OK. Just make sure you install a fresh download and not something from the c:users folder. 

13 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@OtavioCJR Can you start a new thread on this issue so we can keep the two issues separated?

i started a new fórum and the name is "retroarch does not start with launchbox or bigbox"

1 hour ago, InfinityFox said:

Mrx92, Did you get Launchbox up and running?

nope, I have tried installing it in other folder and still won't open :(

My next suggestion would be to try uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET Framework 4.7. That's the other big piece that can get corrupted on rare occasions, especially on older versions of Windows like Windows 7.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, Jason Carr said:

My next suggestion would be to try uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET Framework 4.7. That's the other big piece that can get corrupted on rare occasions, especially on older versions of Windows like Windows 7.

I am about to give up idk why the hell is not working

It’s strange that it’s not working and like I said before I’ve had a similar problem with Launchbox not opening and that was resolved by going back to an earlier version and then up dating.

I’m not sure if there are basic requirements to run LB if so check that your system is up to scratch, Jason or the other mods can help you with that.

I can only suggest what I’d do if all the other suggestions are not working and that is do a clean install of windows.

You have already said you have another drive, so install windows to that drive and get all the up to date drivers for your motherboard etc and install Launchbox again.

I to run Win 7 and as I said have had only one problem.

It’s difficult to troubleshoot and could be a number of thing. I forget what the issue was but I remember a post here last year that included a application or driver for a certain device that was causing major problems for some Launchbox user, once it was discovered everything was sorted.

I think the best way forward in my mind is do a clean install of Windows on the other drive and boot from it instead of you current setup and see if you get any joy.

I really hope you get things running as Launchbox is an awesome program 

22 hours ago, InfinityFox said:

It’s strange that it’s not working and like I said before I’ve had a similar problem with Launchbox not opening and that was resolved by going back to an earlier version and then up dating.

I’m not sure if there are basic requirements to run LB if so check that your system is up to scratch, Jason or the other mods can help you with that.

I can only suggest what I’d do if all the other suggestions are not working and that is do a clean install of windows.

You have already said you have another drive, so install windows to that drive and get all the up to date drivers for your motherboard etc and install Launchbox again.

I to run Win 7 and as I said have had only one problem.

It’s difficult to troubleshoot and could be a number of thing. I forget what the issue was but I remember a post here last year that included a application or driver for a certain device that was causing major problems for some Launchbox user, once it was discovered everything was sorted.

I think the best way forward in my mind is do a clean install of Windows on the other drive and boot from it instead of you current setup and see if you get any joy.

I really hope you get things running as Launchbox is an awesome program 

yeah, thx a lot for your help, I actually own 1 hard drive, but it's divided in 2 partitions. Anyway, I think I am going to wait till christmas or new year to have a notebook so I can install windows 7 there and try Launchbox there, in the meantime I would still have Launchbox installed on my pc, and I am sure it's a great program, very sad that it won't work in my pc, thx so much again, until next time.

Fuck, it happend to me now...

I'm unable to start Launchbox.

Restart, Reinstall, clean install in new folder, betas, releases, does not work.

What do I do?

I'm running Launchbox on a dedicated "Arcade" computer in a Arcade cabinet.
It has been working, for almost a year, but stopped working after upgrading to 10.3.

28 minutes ago, Cirion said:

Fuck, it happend to me now...

I'm unable to start Launchbox.

Restart, Reinstall, clean install in new folder, betas, releases, does not work.

What do I do?

I'm running Launchbox on a dedicated "Arcade" computer in a Arcade cabinet.
It has been working, for almost a year, but stopped working after upgrading to 10.3.

We will need some more information than that in order to try and help you, Just saying it doesnt start isnt very helpful. What exactly happens when start Launchbox? do you have premium and if so does Bigbox do the same thing? Do you get any error messages at all?

No error messages, just does not start, no hanging process. Reboot does not help, reinstall does not help, install to new folder does not help (stable or betas).

The PC is a Asus ROG GR8II
https://www.asus.com/Mini-PCs/ROG-GR8-II/

i7, 16GB ram, 256GB NVME SSD (for os and apps), 2TB SSHD for Launchbox, 10TB USB 3.0 games HD, GTX1060.
Running Windows 10 1903, latest Nvidia drivers and was running perfectly with Launchbox.

Oh, yes, I have premium and the same happens to Bigbox, just takes a lot longer time to not start.

Log folder is is empty even on the clean install.

When I start launchbox i get a LauncBox windows 

Populating Games...
Caching Playlists...
Loading Interface...

Then it closes and nothing happens, no logfile is created.
On the old install it takes a few seconds, on the clean install it's a second or less.

BigBox does not show any window but the BigBox process stays for 30 seconds and grows to 2GB Ram then closes.

Go into your \Launchbox\Updates folder and try to install the last working version. See if it opens again.