LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox won't even open

Mr_x92

8 minutes ago, alitanet said:

I have the same problem, It started after Windows 10 installed an acumulative update , what can we do?

I dont think its a issue with the Windows Cumulative update, i just checked Windows update and this was waiting for me.

204067555_WindowsUpdate.thumb.png.4fa1f3d0eaff0bb68836684b03fafed7.pngI installed and restarted Windows and my Launchbox is still working fine.

You could try repairing your .NET install to see if its currupted somehow.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available

14 minutes ago, alitanet said:

I found the solution ,Riva tuner was the problem ,I configured riva tuner to omit launchbox and bigbox and now works :D

Thanks! I can confirm that Riva tuner was the problem. Added Launchbox.exe and Bigbox.exe and set them to none in Riva Tuner. Both work fine now :)

29 minutes ago, alitanet said:

I found the solution ,Riva tuner was the problem ,I configured riva tuner to omit launchbox and bigbox and now works :D

14 minutes ago, Cirion said:

Thanks! I can confirm that Riva tuner was the problem. Added Launchbox.exe and Bigbox.exe and set them to none in Riva Tuner. Both work fine now :)

Glad you both found the solution. That is weird though, we have had users have issues with riva tuner before as well, but i run it myself and have had no issues with Launchbox with it. As you can see i dont have a exclusion for either Launchbox or Bigbox, i have "Application detection level" set to low, i cant remember if that was the default or not though.

1025118091_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.761e3d5d07c079555a6fb940cd6dda57.png

• 2 weeks later...

I recently did a refresh (reset) of Windows 10 and Launchbox nor BigBox won't open at all. I installed all VC 2015, did a DXweb install etc but still it won't open. I even tried a fresh install of LB on a different drive and it just stays on "initializing" Any ideas what it could be? I don't have River installed. I did an sfc scan via an admin cmd and got this.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I'd hate to do a clean install as I just got everything set back up LOL

26 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

I recently did a refresh (reset) of Windows 10 and Launchbox nor BigBox won't open at all. I installed all VC 2015, did a DXweb install etc but still it won't open. I even tried a fresh install of LB on a different drive and it just stays on "initializing" Any ideas what it could be? I don't have River installed. I did an sfc scan via an admin cmd and got this.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I'd hate to do a clean install as I just got everything set back up LOL

You can go ahead and install over top of your existing installation, and you won't lose any settings or data. I'm guessing that maybe you're missing some DirectX stuff or the latest .NET Framework. Running the installer should fix that.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

You can go ahead and install over top of your existing installation, and you won't lose any settings or data. I'm guessing that maybe you're missing some DirectX stuff or the latest .NET Framework. Running the installer should fix that.

Hey Jason,

thanks for replying!

Yeah, I tried that a few times and it still won't launch neither will BB. I'll keep trying. I've refreshed and cleaned installed Windows 10 several times in the past and never had this issue. I know it has to be a Windows issue.

Just now, The_Keeper86 said:

Hey Jason,

thanks for replying!

Yeah, I tried that a few times and it still won't launch neither will BB. I'll keep trying. I've refreshed and cleaned installed Windows 10 several times in the past and never had this issue. I know it has to be a Windows issue.

Strange. What version of LaunchBox are you installing?

29 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, well, then I'm fairly clueless, hmm. I guess the first step would be to try installing to a new folder, and see if that copy works. You can keep your existing setup in the other folder.

I installed it to a new folder and of course it launched. Must be something corrupted in my LB folder.

11 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

I installed it to a new folder and of course it launched. Must be something corrupted in my LB folder.

Ugh. I would first try renaming renaming the LaunchBox\Images and LaunchBox\Videos folders to something else, to see if by chance it's corrupted media. If not, then it's probably corrupted data in the Data folder. You could try and restore backups from the Backups folder, or try to look through the XML files to see if any of them look corrupted.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Ugh. I would first try renaming renaming the LaunchBox\Images and LaunchBox\Videos folders to something else, to see if by chance it's corrupted media. If not, then it's probably corrupted data in the Data folder. You could try and restore backups from the Backups folder, or try to look through the XML files to see if any of them look corrupted.

Where are the xml files located? And how do I restore the backups? I have a a lot of them in the backups folder.. I'm sorry if I'm being a pain :/