LaunchBox Community Forums
Mr_x92

Launchbox won't even open

20 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

Where are the xml files located? And how do I restore the backups? I have a a lot of them in the backups folder.. I'm sorry if I'm being a pain :/

It can unfortunately be a pain to sort through the Backups folder, and there's not really any advice I can give you other than to use the ones with latest dates. The problem is figuring out which files are corrupted, which isn't easy. If you open up the files in your LaunchBox\Data folder (and subfolders) one-by-one in a text editor, you might be able to figure out which of them are corrupted, so I would start there.

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It can unfortunately be a pain to sort through the Backups folder, and there's not really any advice I can give you other than to use the ones with latest dates. The problem is figuring out which files are corrupted, which isn't easy. If you open up the files in your LaunchBox\Data folder (and subfolders) one-by-one in a text editor, you might be able to figure out which of them are corrupted, so I would start there.

Did one last fresh install on the same HDD then copied everything from my old LB folder to the new one and it worked. I had two corrupt xml files which LB told me about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

Did one last fresh install on the same HDD then copied everything from my old LB folder to the new one and it worked. I had two corrupt xml files which LB told me about.

Awesome. Great to hear. :)

• Thanks 1