LaunchBox Community Forums

9.2-beta-2 Released

Jason Carr

From what I've experienced in previous Betas is Startups have to individually be set between LaunchBox & BigBox. Like I found it out one night thinking I had Startups turned off in LaunchBox that it would do the same in BigBox when actually you have to turn off Startups when you're in BigBox too. This being said, I believe you need to still do that with the fade settings and all that as well?

23 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Haven't tried from BB, only from Launchbox, it's not the same?

The Big Box background fade setting is currently used in the startup screens, regardless of whether you're running it from LaunchBox or Big Box. We might change that though because I know it's confusing.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The Big Box background fade setting is currently used in the startup screens, regardless of whether you're running it from LaunchBox or Big Box. We might change that though because I know it's confusing.

Yeah, perhaps :) I tried with 0 and 40 % now (was on 70%), still no fan art :(

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Check your background priorities settings in the LaunchBox options.

Nothing is selected there, I don't think I've unticked them. What does the setting do?

Edit: my bad, noticed you just tick them to change the order. Fanart Background was pretty far down, I'll try and move it up, to the top?

Edited by e2zippo

2 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Nothing is selected there, I don't think I've unticked them. What does the setting do?

Edit: my bad, noticed you just tick them to change the order. Fanart Background was pretty far down, I'll try and move it up, to the top?

If nothing is selected there, that's the problem. Just make sure you check fanart - background.

20 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Hey Jason, Dolphin's shutdown screen is not working properly for me since the latest beta. The screen says black and I have to alt-tab to get back to Big Box. Not sure what changed, I didn't touch anything with Dolphin in the meantime. 

Ah, I see what's happening here. It seems to be specific to Big Box and Dolphin somehow. I'll dive into it.

hey jason,

is it possible to have system specific or better yet eaxh xml playlist specific launchscreens, i dont want to crowd my harddrive space with fanart etc, and would simply like a single image background of say each platform and possible clear logo/boxart with a loading logo or different font to what is currently availible?

im a novice at bigbox so if the above is already in play please excuse my noobiness

16 minutes ago, horse said:

hey jason,

is it possible to have system specific or better yet eaxh xml playlist specific launchscreens, i dont want to crowd my harddrive space with fanart etc, and would simply like a single image background of say each platform and possible clear logo/boxart with a loading logo or different font to what is currently availible?

im a novice at bigbox so if the above is already in play please excuse my noobiness

Startup and Shutdown are themeable. So it is possible, but would require the theme be coded that way. 

problem with themes is im a novice and cant really code or know where to start, i mean if there was a onscreen gui type thing to allow easy theming then i would spend the time and place where i want say my console logo , what png/jpg to use for what platform and where i would like to place my launchbox 2d cover, clear art and loading symbol/text on screen.

pehaps maybe in the future that aspects of customizing be made easy for novice''s and noobs liek myself who want to standout and make there own vision but without the tech know how of some of these coding gods who reside on the forums :)

11 hours ago, horse said:

problem with themes is im a novice and cant really code or know where to start, i mean if there was a onscreen gui type thing to allow easy theming then i would spend the time and place where i want say my console logo , what png/jpg to use for what platform and where i would like to place my launchbox 2d cover, clear art and loading symbol/text on screen.

pehaps maybe in the future that aspects of customizing be made easy for novice''s and noobs liek myself who want to standout and make there own vision but without the tech know how of some of these coding gods who reside on the forums :)

Though this is true I can say without even an ounce of coding knowledge I was able to modify one of the themes. It does take some trial and error and some frustration, but it is doable. This may likely not be something most want to do, but I just want to say it is possible with no prior knowledge. Maybe future LB will have a GUI way to do this with ease. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

We might be able to add this in at some point, but unfortunately it won't make the next release. I thought about that during development, but I think the use case of it is just too rare to focus on it for the time being.

I understand. It may be a rare case for the most people. But for some games I have many additional applications like TV commercials, game magazine articles or game guides. For example, some are launched via .bat files. After the startup screen the command window does not disappear like it normaly should.

PS: It would be good if you could choose which additional applications are affecting the "play count" of a game.

Edited by deliyuerek85

19 hours ago, horse said:

It's almost guaranteed that a startup theme similar to this will be out shortly, so I think it'll be a non-issue.

13 hours ago, Lprong said:

Is anyone having a black screen issue with the startup videos with pcsx2 i get the startup video then black screen pressing the left mouse button fixes it... running beta 9.2-8 all other emulators are working ??????...

Try playing with the the emulator settings for PCSX2 in LaunchBox, under the Game Startup tab. You can also check to see if there are fullscreen settings available for PCSX2. It's best to use your desktop's native resolution, and use fullscreen exclusive mode if available.

• Like 1