LaunchBox Community Forums

9.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

2 hours ago, Undertherainbow said:

THis doesnt make any sense.. whats going on..

half hour later and i get error

exception occurred during webclient request..what?

SOhO1M0.png

I experienced the same thing just now when working on my Arcade stuff

17 minutes ago, guitar8873 said:

We're do I download the beta version

Tools>Options>General>Updates

Check all 3 choices just to be sure you get the latest version. I at times have to close out and wait a bit before it tells me of the latest version and if I want to Install it or not. You can also see if it's in your Updates folder and do it manually

Not sure what's going on but in BigBox I ran Stella to play Adventure II and then when I backed out using Esc I got a Black Screen to where I had to Windows Key and close the Startup Screen, and after that I couldn't seem to get anything Launched after that on anything. I just switched back to LaunchBox to Edit more of my collection and hoping the next time I go back in to BigBox I can Launch everything normally again. Just wanted you to be aware of that @Jason Carr just in case you have a way of fixing it from being an issue again. Might be something rare, but just wanted to let it be known so maybe nobody else will have that problem too

I read that since version 9.2 archived games can be extracted and then launched with the emulator. I have been looking for more info about this feature but couldn't find any. My games are "WinRar" 'ed and they not extracted. Could it be that rar files are not supported? Another thing that could be useful is to keep an extracted copy of the game in a temp folder so that when we want to continue playing we do not need to wait for the PS2 game to extract again.

1 hour ago, Haggie55 said:

Just got the latest beta and the screenshots are displaying in the wrong order - in the image view they are correct, but in the game details they appear in a seemingly random order.

This is expected behaviour, there has never been a option to specify the order of screenshots in the game details.

Just now, Isoku said:

Actually not with my setup. Stuck since a hour between 3 and 5%. Should i downgrade to the last beta version?

It has nothing to do with the software, it's a server issue if its happening again. Ill look into it here and if i see any issues ill pass it on to Jason, but it is the middle of the night where he is so dont expect a immediate fix if it is a server problem.

2 minutes ago, Isoku said:

No problem mate. I'm not in a hurry :) it's just curious to me that the problem appear with the 9.3 update for me. 

It could just be that the servers are overloaded, we got a lot of new users over Christmas. I saw the issues myself yesterday, but it was all back to normal by the evening.

12 hours ago, bbneo said:

I read that since version 9.2 archived games can be extracted and then launched with the emulator. I have been looking for more info about this feature but couldn't find any. My games are "WinRar" 'ed and they not extracted. Could it be that rar files are not supported? Another thing that could be useful is to keep an extracted copy of the game in a temp folder so that when we want to continue playing we do not need to wait for the PS2 game to extract again.

I believe this has actually been a part of LB/BB since 7.6 (I think), not new to 9.2.  To enable this you need to go into the emulator setting and check off the checkbox next to extract ROM archive before running.  LB/BB uses 7-zip to extract files, and the files are temporarily stores in the ../Launchbox/7zip/temp folder I believe.  7zip does support .rar formats, so it should be able to extract your rom files.  However if I recall correctly there are some rar files that give an error when extracting with 7zip (something about extra information at end of file or the likes) that might be causing the issue.  if that error happens with the automated extraction that LB/BB does, then it will likely not work.  Once the emulator is closed those temp files are deleted in order to save space.  The other question you have about always keeping the temp file would be a new feature, and would be something that would likely need to be added to the next poll to see how many people are interested in having that feature... if it is even feasible that is.

• Thanks 1

Anyeone else have problems with "Refreshing local metadata from the Launchbox Games database"?

Usually that bar only appears for a short moment then i see the names of roms be imported

But now the green bar just repeating it self in the same position nothing happeneds, even after a fresh install?

Edited by Zeaede