LaunchBox Community Forums

How to Enable FANART Images for Playlists in the BigBox DEFAULT Theme?

Hello friends!

Main D&D video now plays in both BigBox default themes but the background art for playlists has gone missing. This used to work fine... I have plenty of screenshots proving so. SEE POST #2. The video issue must have been fixed in a recent update but now playlist art is broken?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to configure the BigBox settings so a video plays for the platform/platform category while artwork is displayed for the playlists? I can get it to do one or the other but not both with the 2 themes that come with BigBox.

If a video plays in the platform category, no background artwork is displayed when viewing playlists (DEFAULT THEME). Conversely, if background artwork is displayed for playlists, no video is played in the platform category (CriticalZone V2 - DEFAULT). Is there a THEME or a way to get the Video to play for the Platform Category AND background artwork shown for the playlists? Is this not possible or perhaps a glitch? I've tried every setting I can find withing the options menu.

I only need this type of setup for this one platform.

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Edited by malarrya
  • malarrya changed the title to Playlists No Longer Show Background Fan Artwork in DEFAULT Themes (BUG?)

I see what's going on now. Under VIEWS - PLATFORM LIST VIEW, BigBox does the following:

THEME: CritialZone V2 Default
1. Platform Wheel 1 - NO Platform Video plays but Background Artwork shows for Playlists.
2. Platform Wheel 2 - Platform Video plays in a square box but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists (just a green glow).
3. Platform Wheel 3 - Bigger square Platform Video plays but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists (it's all black and empty).
4. Platform Wheel 4 - Square Platform Video plays but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists (just a green glow).
5. Text List With Details - NO Platform Video plays but Full screen Background Artwork shows for Playlists.

THEME: Default
1. Platform Wheel 1 - Platform Video plays in FULLSCREEN but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists.
2. Platform Wheel 2 - Platform Video plays in FULLSCREEN but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists (same look as #1).
3. Platform Wheel 3 - Platform Video plays in FULLSCREEN but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists (same look as #1).
4. Platform Wheel 4 - Platform Video plays in FULLSCREEN but NO Background Artwork shows for Playlists (same look as #1).
5. Text List With Details - Platform Video starts but then is instantly replaced with Clear Logo. This happens for all Platform Categories. Full screen Background Artwork shows for Playlists.

Is it possible to have the Platform Category Video play as well as have Playlists show background artwork with either of these themes?

Edited by malarrya
  • malarrya changed the title to How to Enable FANART Images for Playlists in the BigBox DEFAULT Theme?

Forgot I posted this  over 2 years ago but, alas, there was no response :(  I suppose it's not possible for playlists to show FANART images when no video is present within the DEFAULT theme? I guess I am looking for a hybrid of the DEAFULT and CiriticalZone V2 Default themes (unless it's possible to simply edit the Default theme scripts to do this). :) 

I'd like these playlists in the Default theme...
image.thumb.png.3bde152087cd33c83adcd9dab0ff4f71.png

to show Fanart background images like this from the CriticalZone V2 theme...
image.thumb.png.7624bd460df02ec26077140c8b6a231e.png