LaunchBox Community Forums

Let's see your game rooms

Did you make that arcade control panel yourself or buy it? What is the drink on the floor? Is that a pen or soldering-iron near the drink and either way what is it doing there? Does the strip lighting provide relief for your eyes whilst looking at the TVs if the room light is off or do they strain your eyes but you put up with it because it looks cool? What are the black round things above the control panel on the second shelf?

I have many questions, and I demand you answer them all!

• Haha 1

A few pics of my old game room (these are from 2016,so a few things were changed,but,for the most part it was the same)...I had to move about 6 months ago,and we are in a much smaller place atm,but,we are hopefully getting a nice big place again in a few weeks and I can take it all out of storage and set it up again. What isn't shown,is the shelf with all my PS1,PS2 and Sega games...as well as the closet packed with crap I found cheap at yard sales,but,will probably never use,lol

5933ab4290e0e_MyCornerSpace.thumb.jpg.64e7316531dcf90f41b8162a797abea1.jpg0409161629.thumb.jpg.bc0e835e593a96aac1363b0bbd7531e0.jpg0202161324.thumb.jpg.f1259ad505dfc754f662275c1ca11a62.jpg

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

@RetroHumanoid - what's that multi-monitor setup in the first pic? Looks great! Would love to have multi-monitor support in Launchbox.

The 2 white 32" on the left are my Main PC monitors...the small 19" tv is just a tv...and the 32" on the right is the Arcade Cabinet main screen,with a 25" marquee monitor above it. 

It is duplicated because I was running an Elgato HD to feed the Arcade/Game Consoles to my Main PC desktop,and the HDMI was run to the 19" tv so that I could play with no lag (because the elgato has about a 3-5 second lag time from source to elgato to obs) while sitting at the desk. I dropped that small tv while moving and it broke unfortunately...I was pretty happy with the setup,so it really sucked to lose the tv..but,it was a cheapy.

I believe this pic was during my Hyperspin days...but,I have setup my marquee through Launchbox to look very similar to the setup in the pic when I converted over.

6 hours ago, Dane said:

Did you make that arcade control panel yourself or buy it? What is the drink on the floor? Is that a pen or soldering-iron near the drink and either way what is it doing there? Does the strip lighting provide relief for your eyes whilst looking at the TVs if the room light is off or do they strain your eyes but you put up with it because it looks cool? What are the black round things above the control panel on the second shelf?

I have many questions, and I demand you answer them all!

Yes, I made my portable arcade controls myself. Happ sticks and buttons with a Xin Mo-10 usb encoder. The drink on the floor is a root beer. The pen on the floor is my THC oil vape pen. The strip lighting is so I can turn the overhead lights off because they glare on the tvs and it does provide eye strain relief. the black round things are Wii steering wheels fro Wiimotes. paid $2.99 for all 4 at Goodwill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love those rocking game chairs (Mine is "Rocker" brand). One of my pair just fell apart and left me with one. It helps to make a cover for them so the vinyl seat doesn't crack. A car seat cover works. I like that the chairs have an umbilical to join them so the sound connects and you don't have to run separate cables. Are you going to put the games and memorabilia back on the walls?

4 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Interested in the UV setup. Are you using the true BLB fluorescent "black light bulbs" or the blue near UV LEDs? 

And what are all the day-glo items? T-Shirts stretched on a form? The photos showed of the fluorescence really well!

I have this one pointed to front direction and a smaller one of 6 lights pointed to the back: https://www.amazon.co.uk/beamz-Black-Light-Ultraviolet-Lighting-Mobile/dp/B075R31Q6Y/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1547191672&sr=8-8&keywords=beamz+uv+led
It works really well although when installing these you do have to place them well so they don't reflect in the monitors, the color seems a lighter shade of purple than traditional TL tubes and light up the room far more than the traditional ones, I like these UV Leds more than traditional as the UV effect is also brighter but wish it was (dont know the exact english term) radial/global light instead of spots as it's hard to position well in smaller rooms without screen reflection or them shining in your eyes, so I had to place 2 of them in the middle of the ceiling and point to both directions. The posters are from a poster book, a collection of classic/famous UV posters used during the counter culture.

Great! Yes I use the smaller rectangular 20W units for my huge Halloween yard display. I know what you mean. They are near UV so throw out a lot of visible light in a violet color lighter than purple. Despite that, it doesn't wash out the effects very much. Oh, and we say "flood" lights for the ones that are broader than spot lights. Your room looks great!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Great! Yes I use the smaller rectangular 20W units for my huge Halloween yard display. I know what you mean. They are near UV so throw out a lot of visible light in a violet color lighter than purple. Despite that, it doesn't wash out the effects very much. Oh, and we say "flood" lights for the ones that are broader than spot lights. Your room looks great!

Ah yes, I learn new english words every day, thanks bro :) Those led spots are far too bright for a small room like this lol these spots are shining thus far into other rooms when the door is open that it reflects on the walls so downstairs anything white still lights up without seeing the purple light anymore, I hope I explained this well lol 

Lol. Yes. I understand completely. You might try these. They use a much wider pattern. I have the 20W version. One 10W pointed in each direction may work better for you. I have a large bonus room in my house 24' x 15' (8x6m) and when I hold the 20W in that room it lights it up! You cant look at it though, it will blind you ;)

https://www.amazon.com/YQL-Blacklights-Blacklight-Lighting-Supplies/dp/B076P8SMF1/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0F9A2V9AWWG8393FSKCQ&th=1

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Lol. Yes. I understand completely. You might try these. They use a much wider pattern. I have the 20W version. One 10W pointed in each direction may work better for you. I have a large bonus room in my house 24' x 15' (8x6m) and when I hold the 20W in that room it lights it up! You cant look at it though, it will blind you ;)

https://www.amazon.com/YQL-Blacklights-Blacklight-Lighting-Supplies/dp/B076P8SMF1/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0F9A2V9AWWG8393FSKCQ&th=1

Thanks, I want to wait for the UV Led TL (not sure if TL is called the same overseas) tubes to come along as , I've seen normal led tubes come by, I think that would spread the light better in such a small room. Maybe a bulb with uv leds placed around will work as well although not sure if it would work the same technology-wise. Yeah those bars will blind you as well, its scary stuff :o