LaunchBox Community Forums

Let's see your game rooms

True UV leds are coming down in price now and I have seen some in more applications. So you might also look at those. Here is one manufacturer:

RealUV LED Strip Lights by waveform lighting 

Top 4 things to consider before buying UV Blacklights (look most of the way down. There are your new striplights :)

Very interesting reading. I have loved blacklights since I was a kid and have a pretty big collection of flourescent tubes, some LEDs and specialty bulbs at different frequencies. For example rock hounding you need 365nm and even all the way down to 254nm! Most "UV" LEDs now are a little over 400nm and give off a lot of visible purple light.

• Thanks 1

My Man Cave in the garden, that I built last year. Still got some bits to do and looking to build a V. Pinball machine at some point this year. oh and if theres enough room, maybe a bar.

My son hooked up his xbox during the summer with his friends. going to hook up my PC with bigbox running all the old school games this year once it's all complete.

20170714_114844.jpg

20170714_114914.jpg

20180625_160327.jpg

20180112_143814.jpg

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

10 hours ago, Rincewind said:

WOW!! Yeah i'm in the UK also, I still need to look into the restrictions properly. But I'm looking to build it around 5m x 3.5m and the height can only be 2.5m I think.

Yes, 2.5m to the eaves externally. but 4m with a pitched roof or 3m with any other roof type.

I just had to keep the neighbours on board so went for a sloped roof and around 8 ft max at the front down to 7 ft at the rear.

height.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayata said:

I like your garden man cave.  real nice and especially since it's not connected to the main house!,, I'm ENVIOUS!  

I built out my basement into a man cave type of area.   My wife has to be mad because im never in the living room anymore. lol

your place ain't too bad either. do you ever hook up games to that projector screen? wouldn't mind a couple of games of Galaga on that.

mine is pretty cold in the winter so need to sort some electric rads out for next year. 

I would be the same as you, down in there all night lol.

12 hours ago, Hayata said:

I like your garden man cave.  real nice and especially since it's not connected to the main house!,, I'm ENVIOUS!  

I built out my basement into a man cave type of area.   My wife has to be mad because im never in the living room anymore. lol

20161226_195754-small.thumb.jpg.43ddd6a368bd64b3148d656fbcc0947e.jpg

20190115_231915.thumb.jpg.c85cfd401e2c2fa0ba270531e2483e19.jpg

Those recliners are a wet dream for me man, good lord how cool! I think these are typical US recliners as I see them in US movies and series but never over in my country, maybe I should search better though. Amazing place you've got man!

thanks  :) 

actually i used to have a ps4 hooked up to it but honestly it's too big. at first i loved it, but  even my son didn't like playing on it. lol. the screen is 10 ft wide so while playing call of duty etc, you literally have to turn your head to see shit so i died a lot more than usual. lol. cause i just couldn't see everything all at once.  but movies and football games are great. lol

I didn't set up heat in my basement yet either. i will this summer.  it stays about 65 degrees in the winter in my basement (because its underground) so im kind of used to it. just wear extra shirts lol. but i do want heat for next year too.

as far as recliners, i never even thought about that. what country are you in that they don't have recliners?  

P.S.  see just now i was upstairs,, she started arguing with me.. so i just went downstairs to my realm. lol.  easy escape.  i might change it from "man cave" to "escape hatch". LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Hayata The Netherlands, we do have recliners, I have one in my game room but not the big and the really fluffy classic recliners I see on tv, the filling seems so much more comfortable to sit in. Knowing my country if we have em they would be very expensive, maybe I can find a similar second hand one day.

Ps you better start prepping some food and drinks brother, before you know it you'll have to live there xD

LOL Dan! Did you try poffertjes en oliebollen as well? you talk dutch a bit? I don't like my country much or it's general inhabitants lol but I don't like our species much either way, call me trans-species, I feel like a different animal... anyway back to the swamps of Nether, it's not bad to live in on social and economic terms although at least whats left of it after decades of destructive corporatism, it's hard to explain but you see it in more countries, it seems everything has been a bit too much about money and less about the human/nature aspect, one thing this country lacks quite a lot is escape from people and lack of nature because it is so small and crowded. Anyhow ignore my bitter ramblings, I shouldn't be talking about politics or the state of the world here, escapism at it's finest> game rooms, man caves and launchbox it's keeping me happy, it is medicine.

• Like 1