LaunchBox Community Forums

9.4-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Speaking of which, did you attract mode exit and enter platforms? I noticed again last night something that i have mentioned before, my attract mode enters a platform and stays there permanently, and yes i do have the option on for going in and out of platforms. 

Yes, mine works properly. I don't have that issue with my collection, but I am aware of it. I believe it has to do with having a lot of different themes for your various platforms. It's on my list to look into.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Yes, mine works properly. I don't have that issue with my collection, but I am aware of it. I believe it has to do with having a lot of different themes for your various platforms. It's on my list to look into.

Ah OK then, yeah that makes perfect sense, (i should of really have thought about that myself). I am using Unified Refried with the different themes per platform. Thanks for the info as always Jason. :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

If you put a video into LaunchBox's media folder and name it the name of the game, it will indeed be automatically picked up. This is by design. If you're "launching" videos, my recommendation would be to not put them in the LaunchBox media folders, and keep them somewhere else.

Good to know..and yes I did in fact have them in the LaunchBox Video Folder after all. I kinda wanted to import titles of my physical games..but just in case someone was to click it they'd get a Startup Video to the Platform it was for until I can arrange something better that can play these physical copies. I have for now set my Physical PS2 games to just open PCSX2 so I can play from the Disc, and I have my XBOX, XBOX 360, and XBOX One stuff that can be played on XBOX One set to open the XBOX App thanks to @DOS76, and then my Physical Dreamcast stuff open to Demul to be played on Disc, but everything else that can't is gonna be set as an Intro Video

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 5 is out now with some major Big Box theming changes/improvements, including new support for platform-specific games views, performance improvements, and bug fixes. See below for the details:

Some very nice quality-of-life changes for theme creators. Well done, sir!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 5 is out now with some major Big Box theming changes/improvements, including new support for platform-specific games views, performance improvements, and bug fixes. See below for the details:

Jason.  The final game selection screen where you select 'play' is a black screen on both the default and refried themes.  Basically means I can't launch a game in this beta.  Anyone else?

2 minutes ago, Stovies said:

Jason.  The final game selection screen where you select 'play' is a black screen on both the default and refried themes.  Basically means I can't launch a game in this beta.  Anyone else?

I see; I am able to replicate. I'll get a fix out shortly.

Yeah after installing the new beta, the retrotastic theme that i currently use, needs to be updated since it broke it and i get Systemview and platformwheelfiltersview error, and maybe other themes that i have that i haven't tested yet. Or maybe im doing something wrong, LOL.

Edited by ea4492

2 minutes ago, ea4492 said:

Yeah after installing the new beta, the retrotastic theme that i currently use, needs to be updated since it broke it and i get Systemview and platformwheelfiltersview error, and maybe other themes that i have that i haven't tested yet. Or maybe im doing something wrong, LOL.

I just figured out an issue with updating Fundamental that I'm about to fix. I'll check the retrotastic theme to see if it might be the same issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Nice! Can we have platform-specific game views in Launchbox too, please :D Would be really nice to be able to adjust box size and spacing per platform.

Edited by Retrofrogg

Third time's the charm. ;)

Beta 7 is out with a fix for upgrading some themes that weren't upgrading properly (Fundamental and Retrotastic are the two that I'm aware of). Unfortunately, if you downloaded either beta 5 or 6 and started up Big Box, and are getting XAML errors with those themes, you may need to re-download them from here on the forums in order to get it fixed.

Let me know if anyone sees any additional issues with any other themes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Nice! Can we have platform-specific game views in Launchbox too, please :D Would be really nice to be able to adjust box size and spacing per platform.

That's a completely separate thing. Still on the list, but probably not for this release, unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Wow! Well after all the latest Betas I can hopefully not come across this as much or at all anymore after an Edit. This was Beta 4image.thumb.png.0aff7cd58feabb1346a982200205b2c6.png

I don't have any leads on that; I haven't seen or heard about LaunchBox crashing in a long while. Are these crashes new with the 9.4 betas?

That wasn't from the latest Beta..just 9.4 Beta 4. I originally came in to mention the issue..but I'm glad to come in and find newer Betas are out that I can hope will lessen the lag and crash with the latest news on performance though. I'll of course let you know if it gets any better or not once I get around to testing. I'm Installing the latest Beta now as I type this up 

@Jason CarrHate being the barear of bad news. But the latest Bata made Launchbox completely useless it lags like it has never done not even on my old PC.  It's not just videos but scrolling, picking menus, going back, and the image cache doesn't seem to work I can force populate it over and over.  Hope the video isn't too bad I suck at filming while I using the keyboard apperantly ??

Edited by ALIE
That wasn't a video