Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

9.4-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Nothing has changed in this regard, so I suspect that it must be a driver issue of some sort. Is this a new issue for you? What version were you using previously (before upgrading to the beta) that you confirmed it was working on?

Beta 8 was working.

I have 3 screens, a 3440x1440p that does not get used while my arcade is on, a 720p Insignia TV (primary, arcade cabinet), and a 25" ultrawide as the Marquee. The primary and marquee have been working great in all betas of 9.4 up until now. Radeon RX480, Windows 10 64 Pro. I can try the newest AMD optional drivers tonight.

Edited by BHazard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BHazard said:

Beta 8 was working.

I have 3 screens, a 3440x1440p that does not get used while my arcade is on, a 720p Insignia TV (primary, arcade cabinet), and a 25" ultrawide as the Marquee. The primary and marquee have been working great in all betas of 9.4 up until now. Radeon RX480, Windows 10 64 Pro. I can try the newest AMD optional drivers tonight.

It's possible that it's somehow related to the latest beta, but I really doubt it as I didn't change anything related to that. I would first try downgrading to beta 8 to see if it fixes it (you'll find a beta 8 installer in the LaunchBox\Updates folder). Most likely a driver or something like that changed on your system, though I can't say for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting an error in beta-10 every time I start either LB or BB. I close the error dialog and things work as expected, but the error dialog pops up every time. I get it even when using no plugins at all and using the default theme. I'm hoping it's just a random thing on my system and goes away with the next upgrade.

Spoiler

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    LaunchBox.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    9.4.0.10
  Problem Signature 03:    5c5b2501
  Problem Signature 04:    LaunchBox
  Problem Signature 05:    9.4.0.10
  Problem Signature 06:    5c5b2501
  Problem Signature 07:    59c
  Problem Signature 08:    0
  Problem Signature 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    bcf7
  Additional Information 2:    bcf7c492599ba74f416e8dcbb5b6b212
  Additional Information 3:    9d5f
  Additional Information 4:    9d5f671d23e0c68624ab270066e5d06f

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Log:

Spoiler

2019-02-07 07:52:26 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Unable to load DLL 'xaudio2_8.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.XAudio28Functions.XAudio2Create_(Void* arg0, Int32 arg1, Int32 arg2)
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.XAudio28Functions.XAudio2Create(XAudio2 xAudio2Out, Int32 flags, Int32 xAudio2Processor)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Application identity is not set.
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationDeployment.get_CurrentDeployment()
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM Music.Resume Start
2019-02-07 07:52:28 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MS.Internal.Automation.ProxyManager.LoadDefaultProxies()
2019-02-07 07:52:29 PM Music.Pause Start
2019-02-07 07:52:29 PM Music.Resume Start
2019-02-07 07:52:33 PM Music.Initialize Start
2019-02-07 07:52:33 PM Music.Kill Start
2019-02-07 07:52:33 PM Music.Kill Finished
2019-02-07 07:52:42 PM Music.Pause Start
2019-02-07 07:52:43 PM Music.Resume Start
2019-02-07 07:53:55 PM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
2019-02-07 07:53:55 PM Music.Kill Start
2019-02-07 07:53:55 PM Music.Kill Finished
2019-02-07 07:53:56 PM Music.Kill Start
2019-02-07 07:53:56 PM Music.Kill Finished
2019-02-07 07:53:59 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The process cannot access the file 'Visited Links' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
2019-02-07 07:53:59 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The process cannot access the file 'Visited Links' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
2019-02-07 07:53:59 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: The process cannot access the file 'Visited Links' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at (ExitMenuAction )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.1b4153065cb78e6e278759a65ea6f434.pngSo it seems I'm getting this issue now where I select a game and the details take forever to switch over. Used to be a thing of the past, but seems to have returned in Beta 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RULLUR said:

image.thumb.png.1b4153065cb78e6e278759a65ea6f434.pngSo it seems I'm getting this issue now where I select a game and the details take forever to switch over. Used to be a thing of the past, but seems to have returned in Beta 10

This looks like it is something on your system specifically that is causing issues, the speed of changing games is just fine for me on the latest beta, just like it always has been. Here is a quick video i made to demonstrate there is no issues for me with beta 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@eatkinola That error appears to be an issue with the DirectX install. I have no idea why that would just suddenly appear as an issue, but maybe try re-running the LaunchBox installer, and make sure that the DirectX portion of the installer completes successfully (the part that requires UAC admin access). Otherwise, you could try using Microsoft's DirectX installer.

@RULLUR Delays can occur when loading up details (or really anything in LaunchBox) if the system is having trouble keeping up, or another operation is taking priority. Nothing has changed for the latest betas, so it must just be caused by another operation.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RULLUR I finally just took a look at the data you sent me; unfortunately I'm not seeing any delays with your SNES platform. My best guess is that maybe it's media-related, but it's hard to say without having all your media. If you want to dive in deeper, you could try temporarily removing all your SNES media to see if it makes a difference.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 11 is out now with some translation updates and fixes, as well as the HorizontalScrollableTextBlock control described here:

The current plan is to release 9.4 on Monday or Tuesday.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@eatkinola That error appears to be an issue with the DirectX install. I have no idea why that would just suddenly appear as an issue, but maybe try re-running the LaunchBox installer, and make sure that the DirectX portion of the installer completes successfully (the part that requires UAC admin access). Otherwise, you could try using Microsoft's DirectX installer.

Bingo -- reinstalled Beta 10 and works fine, so +1 on the directx install issue. Thanks Jason. Now I'll install Beta 11 ... all this progress!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still having the problem of screenshot images (which are correctly tagged and displayed when editing a game) not showing in the game details pane. @Jason Carr you had previously asked about the file format - the screenshots are just .jpg. This is how it looks when you edit the game - it shows fine and is correctly tagged:

904nly.jpg

But the game details pain has the heading "screenshots" but nothing below it:

ppw01.jpg

Looking in the file directory, the .jpg is there:

xatjdv.jpg

This problem has been present throughout the last number of betas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Still having the problem of screenshot images (which are correctly tagged and displayed when editing a game) not showing in the game details pane. @Jason Carr you had previously asked about the file format - the screenshots are just .jpg. This is how it looks when you edit the game - it shows fine and is correctly tagged:

904nly.jpg

But the game details pain has the heading "screenshots" but nothing below it:

ppw01.jpg

Looking in the file directory, the .jpg is there:

xatjdv.jpg

This problem has been present throughout the last number of betas.

 

Does it show if you rename it to Soulbringer-01? Also do you have gameplay shots selected in the priorities for screenshots in the options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Does it show if you rename it to Soulbringer-01? Also do you have gameplay shots selected in the priorities for screenshots in the options?

Renaming it to Soulbringer-01 doesn't change anything; but why would it? I have all 5 screenshot types selected in the screenshot priorities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Retrofrogg Interesting. It looks like maybe it's trying to put the image there but it can't. Maybe the image is a weird JPG format or slightly corrupted? Can you post that particular image here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 12 is out now with a simple addition of allowing the ImageVideoView in the Big Box TextFiltersView, and translation updates.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 1:50 PM, Jason Carr said:

@Bedwyr A better place to adjust it is in the emulator settings, the Startup Load Delay slider.

So, umm, I kind of need more time. I'll try to use a stopwatch next time, but it's taking upwards of 8-10 seconds to load Retroarch. I've got the slider pegged to 5 seconds, but it's still not long enough off a fresh reboot. So, feature request? <prettypleasewithacherryontop?> :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

@Retrofrogg Interesting. It looks like maybe it's trying to put the image there but it can't. Maybe the image is a weird JPG format or slightly corrupted? Can you post that particular image here?

Sure - here it is:

Soulbringer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Sure - here it is:

Soulbringer.jpg

Still can't figure this out. I tried adding the image to a game in my collection and it shows up just fine in the sidebar. However, it could be that the forums are changing the image somehow, idk. Either that or the issue is not related to the image itself, but rather something else. Not really sure where to go from here, honestly, as I can't really get your entire collection with media. What is the file name of that image?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 12:42 PM, Bedwyr said:

So, umm, I kind of need more time. I'll try to use a stopwatch next time, but it's taking upwards of 8-10 seconds to load Retroarch. I've got the slider pegged to 5 seconds, but it's still not long enough off a fresh reboot. So, feature request? <prettypleasewithacherryontop?> :)

The Startup Load Delay setting in Edit Emulator goes up to 30 seconds. You shouldn't be adjusting the Minimum Startup Screen Display Time in the general options, but rather the Startup Load Delay setting when editing the Retroarch emulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 13 is out now with the following:

  • Minor fixes for the built-in CriticalZone V2 - Default theme
  • Updated translations
  • New GamesCount property for Big Box themes now works for the TextFiltersView as well

I'm hoping this will be the final beta with the official release tomorrow morning. :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×