LaunchBox Community Forums

9.4-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

I just updated everything, and then updated to the new cityhunter theme that is supposed to work with the new beta.  One of my playlists is showing on the main platform line, even though the "show in platforms" is un-checked.  I don't know if this is a themeing issue, or a bigbox issue.  Just wondering if anyone might know how to stop that playlist from showing up in the mail platforms somehow.

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

I just updated everything, and then updated to the new cityhunter theme that is supposed to work with the new beta.  One of my playlists is showing on the main platform line, even though the "show in platforms" is un-checked.  I don't know if this is a themeing issue, or a bigbox issue.  Just wondering if anyone might know how to stop that playlist from showing up in the mail platforms somehow.

I think that's a relic from an early beta. If you delete and re-generate that playlist, it should work properly. :)

On 2/15/2019 at 7:18 PM, Jason Carr said:

I think that's a relic from an early beta. If you delete and re-generate that playlist, it should work properly. :)

I deleted the playlist, and then re-auto-generated it, and it is still the only playlist showing up on the regular platform category list in bigbox.  Refreshed image cache for all images too.  I also deleted the auto-generated list and replaced it with a manually filled list.  It's weird that it would pick Castlevania to be the only playlist i've made and feature it on the platform category menu lol.  Maybe it's a sign?

Edited by damageinc86

On 2/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, RULLUR said:

image.thumb.png.432c393dbdd638b8012506c8b8d9ec21.pngJust came across and odd glitch within BigBox. For some reason my Genesis games are listed in a pattern of F, D, B, as you can see. I'm unsure what other order it will be in on the way down the list once outside of those letters, but it's crazy though. Hope you have an idea @Jason Carr

Could there be a Sort Title specified on those games? That's the only thing I can think of; I've never heard of that before. It looks like the games might be duplicated too though, so that makes even less sense. Are you able to reproduce the issue, or did it only happen once?

On 2/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, damageinc86 said:

I deleted the playlist, and then re-auto-generated it, and it is still the only playlist showing up on the regular platform category list in bigbox.  Refreshed image cache for all images too.  I also deleted the auto-generated list and replaced it with a manually filled list.  It's weird that it would pick Castlevania to be the only playlist i've made and feature it on the platform category menu lol.  Maybe it's a sign?

Are you referring to the platforms list or the platform categories list in Big Box? If you edit a playlist, there is a checkbox to "Include this Playlist with Platforms". Is that checked?

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Could there be a Sort Title specified on those games? That's the only thing I can think of; I've never heard of that before. It looks like the games might be duplicated too though, so that makes even less sense. Are you able to reproduce the issue, or did it only happen once?

Are you referring to the platforms list or the platform categories list in Big Box? If you edit a playlist, there is a checkbox to "Include this Playlist with Platforms". Is that checked?

I don't believe I've even accidentally hit something or anything like that, but I will try let you know later if anything worked itself out whenever I get around to trying BigBox again though. I tend have everything in BigBox set as Platform only as Default too. As far as duplicates go I try keep all versions of a game on its own listing instead of merging them so they can be displayed with all interesting variations they have based on Region.

I also keep forgetting to mention there seems to be no optional way for the Version of a game to be seen in BigBox unless perhaps I overlooked it? I'd like to be able to see which Version it is so I can tell how something might be Hacked, Modded, or what Revision it may be

Edited by RULLUR

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but seems in LaunchBox if you have a title with music set with it and choose "Launch With..." you'll likely end up having the music you set with that title to play once the startup screen shows up, but never turns off unless you back out and use Ctrl+P or Right-Click over to the title and select "Play...". You'd think maybe the Music would play in Startup until the actual game had loaded up, but doesn't seem to be the case here I guess

Edited by RULLUR

On 2/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, RULLUR said:

I don't believe I've even accidentally hit something or anything like that, but I will try let you know later if anything worked itself out whenever I get around to trying BigBox again though. I tend have everything in BigBox set as Platform only as Default too. As far as duplicates go I try keep all versions of a game on its own listing instead of merging them so they can be displayed with all interesting variations they have based on Region.

I also keep forgetting to mention there seems to be no optional way for the Version of a game to be seen in BigBox unless perhaps I overlooked it? I'd like to be able to see which Version it is so I can tell how something might be Hacked, Modded, or what Revision it may be

Per Version, that's mostly up to the theme developers, but it looks like it was left out of the default theme, which is probably why it's not in most of the themes. I'll add that to my list.

8 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but seems in LaunchBox if you have a title with music set with it and choose "Launch With..." you'll likely end up having the music you set with that title to play once the startup screen shows up, but never turns off unless you back out and use Ctrl+P or Right-Click over to the title and select "Play...". You'd think maybe the Music would play in Startup until the actual game had loaded up, but doesn't seem to be the case here I guess

I'll check out Launch With and the music, thanks.

• Like 1