LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOP

faeran

CoinOP

View File

As per version 3.0 this theme is now rebuilt from the ground up for performance and optimization.

The theme showcases an arcade cabinet in an 80s style arcade with a dynamic marquee that can pull from a number of fallback images on a per-game basis, making sure there's always something displayed in the marquee.

Make sure you right click the zip file, choose properties, and unblock the file.

image.png.9636917a83ceaf9cda1ca8b16bd48ac5.png

CoinOP Marquee Example.psd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is just a theme, so it doesn't control video playback.

If you are talking about a playlist video for your favorites playlist. The file should be the exact name of your playlist and be put in the following location:

Launchbox\Videos\Playlists

• 2 weeks later...

This theme is great and is exactly what I was wanting to implement for my arcade games cabinet. I see that the CoinOP\Images folder contains two Arcade Machine png files. One has a larger screen than the other. Is there a setting or a way to switch between the two? 

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2019 at 11:50 AM, MANCADE said:

This theme is great and is exactly what I was wanting to implement for my arcade games cabinet. I see that the CoinOP\Images folder contains two Arcade Machine png files. One has a larger screen than the other. Is there a setting or a way to switch between the two? 

I want to know it to..... Is there a way to switch between those png files, like, if you want a Platform 1 to show the big one and the console to show other one.

Unfortunately, the larger image was more of an experiment that didn't work out. I left the image in there just in case I wanted to revisit in the future.

If I get some time, I may look into adding it to a new platform view.

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Unfortunately, the larger image was more of an experiment that didn't work out. I left the image in there just in case I wanted to revisit in the future.

If I get some time, I may look into adding it to a new platform view.

please, add this feature. Will be awesome if we can add a different image for each platform.

• 1 year later...

I really like this theme, as I've been wanting to have dynamic marquees for my arcade platform games list.

Unfortunately, there are many games without a marquee, and bigbox seems to autoselect images to use, if a marquee image file doesn't exist.

I set my box front image priority to include "clear logo" and made it the top priority, but what happens is I get two images in the marquee box, the "arcade classics" generic image, and then the "Clear Logo" stretched out over the top of it.

Is there a way to only have the arcade classics image show up if no other image exists? Is there a way to force the image to maintain its aspect ratio? I've tried tweaking the gamemarqueeview.xaml, and it appears to be ignored altogether (even tried changing the "activegame." to a different image type)...so, I'm not sure if I need to compile something to get these tweaks implemented.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Okay, I am making some great progress in understanding the overall theme mechanism, thanks to Neil9000. I was editing the wrong file. Once I started tweaking with the right view, I was able to quickly get this where I wanted. I ended up using the marquee, when available, and then switching to clear logo, if not. And configured it to Uniform. Finally, I removed the stretch from the video.

It looks fantastic. I've never been this happy scrolling through my arcade titles in BigBox.

Edited by laggerific
Figured it out...with some discord help

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a question I'm hoping is an easy fix.  I have an arcade cabinet with  physical digital marquee and I need to have the image on that marquee draw from a different folder location than the image of the marquee on the animated arcade cabinet in the theme.  My physical marquee is a full size 32" 1080p monitor but only the top third of the screen is visible.  I simply create custom marquee files with black space where my monitor is buried in the cabinet.  If these files are used for the animated cabinet the stretch feature distorts the image.  Any help would be appreciated, I love this theme and think with a little tweaking it will be perfect for my cab.

IndianaJones.thumb.png.a43770976e85b4b442c51e864daf65b7.png

14 hours ago, TFoster said:

Hi I have a question I'm hoping is an easy fix.  I have an arcade cabinet with  physical digital marquee and I need to have the image on that marquee draw from a different folder location than the image of the marquee on the animated arcade cabinet in the theme.  My physical marquee is a full size 32" 1080p monitor but only the top third of the screen is visible.  I simply create custom marquee files with black space where my monitor is buried in the cabinet.  If these files are used for the animated cabinet the stretch feature distorts the image.  Any help would be appreciated, I love this theme and think with a little tweaking it will be perfect for my cab.

Drop this xml file into the theme's  \Launchbox\Themes\CoinOp\Views folder, Then using stanrd marquee images (not the ones you made with the black space at the bottom) test on your set-up. You may need to edit the file and change the Stretch="Uniform" to either Stretch="UnifromToFill" or Stretch="Fill" to suit your needs. But this should place the image in the top third of your screen. If you have any issues let me know.

GameMarqueeView.xaml